Hip-Hop 4 Life
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
avatar

Posts : 3549
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 41
Location : Yogi's Mama's Bedroom

PostSubject: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:21 pm

http://rapfix.mtv.com/2011/12/07/beastie-boys-among-2012-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-inductees/

I congratulate the Beastie Boys for getting into the Rock N Roll HOF. They definitely deserved it, HOWEVER Eric B & Rakim (who was on the same ballot) should have been inducted as well. What do y'all think?

I wanna hear OBJECTIVE opinions about this. Take your personal disdain for either act out of it and give an honest yet objective opinion. Should Eric B & Rakim have been inducted as well?

In my opinion they ABSOLUTELY should have been inducted! Rakim has arguably influenced more MC's than anyone ever. He was the first true lyrical MC and the way he spit his lyrics from 1986-1992 trumps the vast majority of what most others did on the mic. Even today he's gold on his guest appearances. Eric B & Rakim should have been a slam dunk inductee!

So sound off on this, peeps. What do y'all think? Once again, keep it objective.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
avatar

Posts : 6865
Join date : 2009-06-12
Age : 240
Location : A Clean, Well-Lighted Place

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:22 pm

"keep it objective"

Mission Impossible V: The Kool Ultimatum

_________________
a.k.a AFutureWithoutAPast, Kendrick Davis

"Besides, I have other words: gorilla, parakeet, giraffe, and also... monkey" - Kool Keith
"They call me the Cinco de Mayo killa 'cause I May put 5 in ya" - K-Rino
"It's hard to focus, perhaps the last opus/If younger heads quote this then it ain't all hopeless" - Dalek
"If this is what makes Mims hot, and this is why I'm not/Put a bullet in my brain bury me with Tupac" - Reks
"And I won't say I'm the best since Rakim & Pac n' them/Better yet, I'm the best since Mozart & Bach n' them" - Celph Titled
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
avatar

Posts : 4876
Join date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:25 pm

Why is there no Hip-Hop Hall of Fame? That's the reason Rakim won't go in. He's unknown outside of hip-hop fans. So, no, he shouldn't have made it.

lol... if you were keeping it objective you wouldn't even have had to ask.


Last edited by parker lewis on Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
avatar

Posts : 3549
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 41
Location : Yogi's Mama's Bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:25 pm

Half wrote:
"keep it objective"

Mission Impossible V: The Kool Ultimatum

Call it what you want to, but I know this forum well enough to know that contraversial topics like these can (and usually do) turn into subjective bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
avatar

Posts : 6865
Join date : 2009-06-12
Age : 240
Location : A Clean, Well-Lighted Place

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:27 pm

I'm not going to pursue the whole objective/subjective thing anymore. I'm done.

As for the topic at hand, I personally don't give a shit about the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. So I don't care who is inducted or who is nominated.

_________________
a.k.a AFutureWithoutAPast, Kendrick Davis

"Besides, I have other words: gorilla, parakeet, giraffe, and also... monkey" - Kool Keith
"They call me the Cinco de Mayo killa 'cause I May put 5 in ya" - K-Rino
"It's hard to focus, perhaps the last opus/If younger heads quote this then it ain't all hopeless" - Dalek
"If this is what makes Mims hot, and this is why I'm not/Put a bullet in my brain bury me with Tupac" - Reks
"And I won't say I'm the best since Rakim & Pac n' them/Better yet, I'm the best since Mozart & Bach n' them" - Celph Titled
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
avatar

Posts : 3549
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 41
Location : Yogi's Mama's Bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:27 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Why is there no Hip-Hop Hall of Fame? That's the reason Rakim won't go in. He's unknown outside of hip-hop fans. So, no, he shouldn't have made it.

While I agree that there should be a Hip Hop HOF, you are INCORRECT with your assumption that Rakim is unknown outside of hip-hop fans. Unless you're a wet behind the ears high school kid who was born post-1995 or so, you know who Rakim is.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:28 pm

It's the Rock N Roll HOF

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
avatar

Posts : 3549
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 41
Location : Yogi's Mama's Bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:29 pm

Half wrote:
I'm not going to pursue the whole objective/subjective thing anymore. I'm done.

As for the topic at hand, I personally don't give a shit about the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. So I don't care who is inducted or who is nominated.

Word To Self: Never again bring serious topics to ignoramuses.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
avatar

Posts : 3549
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 41
Location : Yogi's Mama's Bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:31 pm

T. Myers wrote:
It's the Rock N Roll HOF

And???? There are SEVERAL non-Rock N Roll acts in the the Rock N Roll HOF so that point is irrelevant. Try again.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
avatar

Posts : 6865
Join date : 2009-06-12
Age : 240
Location : A Clean, Well-Lighted Place

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:32 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Half wrote:
I'm not going to pursue the whole objective/subjective thing anymore. I'm done.

As for the topic at hand, I personally don't give a shit about the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. So I don't care who is inducted or who is nominated.

Word To Self: Never again bring serious topics to ignoramuses.

Laughing My Ass Off

Oh, wait...

Neutral

Sad

Crying or Very sad





Kill Yo Self

Stretcher


_________________
a.k.a AFutureWithoutAPast, Kendrick Davis

"Besides, I have other words: gorilla, parakeet, giraffe, and also... monkey" - Kool Keith
"They call me the Cinco de Mayo killa 'cause I May put 5 in ya" - K-Rino
"It's hard to focus, perhaps the last opus/If younger heads quote this then it ain't all hopeless" - Dalek
"If this is what makes Mims hot, and this is why I'm not/Put a bullet in my brain bury me with Tupac" - Reks
"And I won't say I'm the best since Rakim & Pac n' them/Better yet, I'm the best since Mozart & Bach n' them" - Celph Titled
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
avatar

Posts : 4876
Join date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:33 pm

You are simply wrong to think that Rakim is known outside of hip-hop fans. Objectivity: fail
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
avatar

Posts : 3549
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 41
Location : Yogi's Mama's Bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:38 pm

parker lewis wrote:
You are simply wrong to think that Rakim is known outside of hip-hop fans. Objectivity: fail

Someone over the age of 25 would have to have been living in a cave not to know who he is.


Last edited by KJ Styles on Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:39 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
It's the Rock N Roll HOF

And???? There are SEVERAL non-Rock N Roll acts in the the Rock N Roll HOF so that point is irrelevant. Try again.

You really are slow. Why do things need to be spoon fed to you?

Every last thing you said came from the point of view of a hip hop fan. The Rock N Roll HOF is not run by hip hop fans for hip hop's benefit. That's why it's not the hip hop HOF. The Beastie Boys have a far wider reach than Rakim whether you like it or not. The Beastie Boys deserve to be in the Rock N Roll HOF before Rakim does. It's as simple as that.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
avatar

Posts : 6865
Join date : 2009-06-12
Age : 240
Location : A Clean, Well-Lighted Place

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:40 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
parker lewis wrote:
You are simply wrong to think that Rakim is known outside of hip-hop fans. Objectivity: fail

He may not be known by everybody but I can't think of even a single casual hip-hop fan that doesn't know who he is.

nickey

_________________
a.k.a AFutureWithoutAPast, Kendrick Davis

"Besides, I have other words: gorilla, parakeet, giraffe, and also... monkey" - Kool Keith
"They call me the Cinco de Mayo killa 'cause I May put 5 in ya" - K-Rino
"It's hard to focus, perhaps the last opus/If younger heads quote this then it ain't all hopeless" - Dalek
"If this is what makes Mims hot, and this is why I'm not/Put a bullet in my brain bury me with Tupac" - Reks
"And I won't say I'm the best since Rakim & Pac n' them/Better yet, I'm the best since Mozart & Bach n' them" - Celph Titled
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:40 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
parker lewis wrote:
You are simply wrong to think that Rakim is known outside of hip-hop fans. Objectivity: fail

He may not be known by everybody but I can't think of even a single casual hip-hop fan that doesn't know who he is.

IT'S THE ROCK N ROLL HOF. You need to quit thinking in the context of just hip hop.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
avatar

Posts : 3549
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 41
Location : Yogi's Mama's Bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:43 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
It's the Rock N Roll HOF

And???? There are SEVERAL non-Rock N Roll acts in the the Rock N Roll HOF so that point is irrelevant. Try again.

You really are slow. Why do things need to be spoon fed to you?

Every last thing you said came from the point of view of a hip hop fan. The Rock N Roll HOF is not run by hip hop fans for hip hop's benefit. That's why it's not the hip hop HOF. The Beastie Boys have a far wider reach than Rakim whether you like it or not. The Beastie Boys deserve to be in the Rock N Roll HOF before Rakim does. It's as simple as that.

First of all, eat a dick! I don't need to be spoonfed a god damn thing. I'd be willing to bet that my IQ shits on yours.

Secondly, the debate at hand isn't about whether or not the Beasties deserved their induction. I agree that they did. I was debating Rakim being snubbed.

And that "far wider reach" you speak of would only be true because they're white, not because of the music itself. Not trying to be racist, but that's a FACT.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
avatar

Posts : 3549
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 41
Location : Yogi's Mama's Bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:49 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
parker lewis wrote:
You are simply wrong to think that Rakim is known outside of hip-hop fans. Objectivity: fail

He may not be known by everybody but I can't think of even a single casual hip-hop fan that doesn't know who he is.

IT'S THE ROCK N ROLL HOF. You need to quit thinking in the context of just hip hop.

THAT DOESN'T MATTER!!! THEY WERE ON THE BALLOT!

As for what Parker was saying, anyone who's over the age of 25 and doesn't know who Rakim is must have been living in a cave all their damn lives, whether they're hip-hop fans or not.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:49 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
It's the Rock N Roll HOF

And???? There are SEVERAL non-Rock N Roll acts in the the Rock N Roll HOF so that point is irrelevant. Try again.

You really are slow. Why do things need to be spoon fed to you?

Every last thing you said came from the point of view of a hip hop fan. The Rock N Roll HOF is not run by hip hop fans for hip hop's benefit. That's why it's not the hip hop HOF. The Beastie Boys have a far wider reach than Rakim whether you like it or not. The Beastie Boys deserve to be in the Rock N Roll HOF before Rakim does. It's as simple as that.

First of all, eat a dick! I don't need to be spoonfed a god damn thing. I'd be willing to bet that my IQ shits on yours. Secondly, the debate at hand isn't about whether or not the Beasties deserved their induction. I agree that they did. I was debating Rakim being snubbed.

And that "far wider reach" you speak of would only be true because they're white, not because of the music itself. Not trying to be racist, but that's a FACT.

Whatever makes you sleep better at night window washer, and it does not matter the reason behind their reach. Their reach is why a hip hop group with roots in punk that experiment with other genres are getting in and a tradiitional hip hop act is not getting into the ROCK N ROLL HOF. Why you have a problem with that or why you don't grasp that is beyond me. The Rock N Roll HOF is a club that Rakim was never meant for really. It's like bitching because Lil Wayne is winning Rap Album of the year over Jay-Z. These are two completely different worlds.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:52 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
parker lewis wrote:
You are simply wrong to think that Rakim is known outside of hip-hop fans. Objectivity: fail

He may not be known by everybody but I can't think of even a single casual hip-hop fan that doesn't know who he is.

IT'S THE ROCK N ROLL HOF. You need to quit thinking in the context of just hip hop.

THAT DOESN'T MATTER!!! THEY WERE ON THE BALLOT!

As for what Parker was saying, anyone who's over the age of 25 and doesn't know who Rakim is must have been living in a cave all their damn lives, whether they're hip-hop fans or not.

It does matter. You are speaking from the perspective of a hip hop fan, and the people voting on these ballots are not.

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
avatar

Posts : 3549
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 41
Location : Yogi's Mama's Bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 3:54 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
It's the Rock N Roll HOF

And???? There are SEVERAL non-Rock N Roll acts in the the Rock N Roll HOF so that point is irrelevant. Try again.

You really are slow. Why do things need to be spoon fed to you?

Every last thing you said came from the point of view of a hip hop fan. The Rock N Roll HOF is not run by hip hop fans for hip hop's benefit. That's why it's not the hip hop HOF. The Beastie Boys have a far wider reach than Rakim whether you like it or not. The Beastie Boys deserve to be in the Rock N Roll HOF before Rakim does. It's as simple as that.

First of all, eat a dick! I don't need to be spoonfed a god damn thing. I'd be willing to bet that my IQ shits on yours. Secondly, the debate at hand isn't about whether or not the Beasties deserved their induction. I agree that they did. I was debating Rakim being snubbed.

And that "far wider reach" you speak of would only be true because they're white, not because of the music itself. Not trying to be racist, but that's a FACT.

Whatever makes you sleep better at night window washer, and it does not matter the reason behind their reach. Their reach is why a hip hop group with roots in punk that experiment with other genres are getting in and a tradiitional hip hop act is not getting into the ROCK N ROLL HOF. Why you have a problem with that or why you don't grasp that is beyond me. The Rock N Roll HOF is a club that Rakim was never meant for really. It's like bitching because Lil Wayne is winning Rap Album of the year over Jay-Z. These are two completely different worlds.

LMAO @ Window Washer! I make more money than you, fat bastard!!

As for the rest of what you said. If Rakim wasn't worthy of the Rock N Roll HOF then he wouldn't have been on the damn ballot. There were a few acts that got inducted in over them who were NOT even big names to Rock fans (read the article if you want proof).

Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
avatar

Posts : 4876
Join date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 4:01 pm

Beastie Boys because they were white? Do you really believe that?
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
avatar

Posts : 5489
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 40
Location : Soul Heaven

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 4:15 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
It's the Rock N Roll HOF

And???? There are SEVERAL non-Rock N Roll acts in the the Rock N Roll HOF so that point is irrelevant. Try again.

You really are slow. Why do things need to be spoon fed to you?

Every last thing you said came from the point of view of a hip hop fan. The Rock N Roll HOF is not run by hip hop fans for hip hop's benefit. That's why it's not the hip hop HOF. The Beastie Boys have a far wider reach than Rakim whether you like it or not. The Beastie Boys deserve to be in the Rock N Roll HOF before Rakim does. It's as simple as that.

+20! I mean its so obvious why Beastie gets the nod over Ra. Rakim does not deserve to be in no RNR HOF. He does not have the mass appeal Beastie or RunDMC had.

And them being white has a LOT to do with it. But is that not already a given?

_________________
There's A God On The Mic
"Pretty soon hip hop won't be so nice, no Ice Cube...just Vanilla Ice"
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
avatar

Posts : 3549
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 41
Location : Yogi's Mama's Bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 4:20 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Beastie Boys because they were white? Do you really believe that?

I'm not saying they were inducted because they're white, I was saying that the "wider scope" bullshit that Terry brought up is true because they're white. It's true too. If they were black, they would NOT have been as popular as they were.

I'm a HUGE Beastie Boys fan, and I agree they deserved to be inducted. That's not the issue I have. The issue is about Rakim being snubbed.

So much for asking this forum to be objective. That's impossible and I've learned my lesson.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
avatar

Posts : 3549
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 41
Location : Yogi's Mama's Bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 4:28 pm

Basically, my point to everyone is that if the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame is going to allow non-Rock acts into their HOF, then they should allow EVERY act that is worthy to get in.

Eric B & Rakim deserved to be inducted over Laura Nyro, Donovan, and The Faces. The R had a far bigger impact and was more influential than those three acts.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
avatar

Posts : 10879
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 4:30 pm

It does not matter why their reach is wider. All that matters is that it is wider. Why you expect more from the Rock N Roll HOF is beyond me. If you think Rock fans have Rakim's name at the tip of their tongue, you are sorely mistaken. Rakim does not have the worldly name recognition and commercial appeal that the Rock N Roll HOF looks for. While the Beastie Boys and their 10x platinum Licensed To Ill do have that appeal and name recognition. The Rock N Roll HOF has never been all about talent and importance. It's like the Grammy awards. It's superficial nonsense. If you're mad that Rakim didn't get in, why not be mad that other greats and pioneers never made it to the ballot?

_________________
Haterex: Drunk driving is an american pastime for me, and it's an activity I hold dear to my heart. I drive like a champ on the sauce

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
avatar

Posts : 5489
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 40
Location : Soul Heaven

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 4:37 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Basically, my point to everyone is that if the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame is going to allow non-Rock acts into their HOF, then they should allow EVERY act that is worthy to get in.

Eric B & Rakim deserved to be inducted over Laura Nyro, Donovan, and The Faces. The R had a far bigger impact and was more influential than those three acts.

So you listen to those grp or hang around people that mostly listen to them?

_________________
There's A God On The Mic
"Pretty soon hip hop won't be so nice, no Ice Cube...just Vanilla Ice"
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
avatar

Posts : 3549
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 41
Location : Yogi's Mama's Bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 4:42 pm

T. Myers wrote:
It does not matter why their reach is wider. All that matters is that it is wider. Why you expect more from the Rock N Roll HOF is beyond me. If you think Rock fans have Rakim's name at the tip of their tongue, you are sorely mistaken. Rakim does not have the worldly name recognition and commercial appeal that the Rock N Roll HOF looks for. While the Beastie Boys and their 10x platinum Licensed To Ill do have that appeal and name recognition. The Rock N Roll HOF has never been all about talent and importance. It's like the Grammy awards. It's superficial nonsense. If you're mad that Rakim didn't get in, why not be mad that other greats and pioneers never made it to the ballot?

Oh, but I do get mad at other great and pioneers that don't get in. George Clinton should be inducted as well. If Parliament and Sly & The Family Stone are in, then George should be in as well.

And what's the point of having a Hall Of Fame if it's not about talent and importance? It's the Hall Of FAME! Not the Hall Of Very Good. Eric and Ra are FAMOUS for their impact/influence on the hip-hop culture and changing the game. Paid In Full is one of Rolling Stones Top 500 albums of all time (which happens to be the most respected rock magazine). Therefore, they are MORE than qualified to be inducted.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
avatar

Posts : 3549
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 41
Location : Yogi's Mama's Bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 4:46 pm

Tic706 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Basically, my point to everyone is that if the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame is going to allow non-Rock acts into their HOF, then they should allow EVERY act that is worthy to get in.

Eric B & Rakim deserved to be inducted over Laura Nyro, Donovan, and The Faces. The R had a far bigger impact and was more influential than those three acts.

So you listen to those grp or hang around people that mostly listen to them?

I do have white friends, Kev. And I do know some people that listen to The Faces (which was a Rod Stewart led band. I could see Stewart's induction, but that band wasn't as well known as The R.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
avatar

Posts : 5489
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 40
Location : Soul Heaven

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 4:52 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Tic706 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Basically, my point to everyone is that if the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame is going to allow non-Rock acts into their HOF, then they should allow EVERY act that is worthy to get in.

Eric B & Rakim deserved to be inducted over Laura Nyro, Donovan, and The Faces. The R had a far bigger impact and was more influential than those three acts.

So you listen to those grp or hang around people that mostly listen to them?

I do have white friends, Kev. And I do know some people that listen to The Faces (which was a Rod Stewart led band. I could see Stewart's induction, but that band wasn't as well known as The R.

I know you do. But what i'm getting at is that you are not a fan of those grps and you also do not see them in the same light as a die hard rock fan may. So just apply that to why Rakim did not get the nod. He's nobody from most of their point of view. Hip Hop still is not the most admired music, rock is. Way more fans.

_________________
There's A God On The Mic
"Pretty soon hip hop won't be so nice, no Ice Cube...just Vanilla Ice"
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
avatar

Posts : 3549
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 41
Location : Yogi's Mama's Bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 5:04 pm

Tic706 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Tic706 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Basically, my point to everyone is that if the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame is going to allow non-Rock acts into their HOF, then they should allow EVERY act that is worthy to get in.

Eric B & Rakim deserved to be inducted over Laura Nyro, Donovan, and The Faces. The R had a far bigger impact and was more influential than those three acts.

So you listen to those grp or hang around people that mostly listen to them?

I do have white friends, Kev. And I do know some people that listen to The Faces (which was a Rod Stewart led band. I could see Stewart's induction, but that band wasn't as well known as The R.

I know you do. But what i'm getting at is that you are not a fan of those grps and you also do not see them in the same light as a die hard rock fan may. So just apply that to why Rakim did not get the nod. He's nobody from most of their point of view. Hip Hop still is not the most admired music, rock is. Way more fans.

Me not being a fan is irrelevant, nor is a non-hip hop fan not being into Rakim. Guns N Roses and Red Hot Chilli Peppers got inducted as well. I'm not a big fan of those two acts either (although I do like a few GNR songs) but they were big time acts so I don't argue their inductions. But those other three definitely weren't as big as Eric and Ra.

They shouldn't have allowed non-Rock acts into their HOF if they're not going to be objective about who they pick. Hopefully Eric and Ra get in someday. LL deserves an induction as well.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
avatar

Posts : 1853
Join date : 2010-07-29
Age : 28
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 5:07 pm

I'm pretty sure LL got in last year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
avatar

Posts : 2445
Join date : 2011-03-01
Age : 34
Location : Bunnyhead, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 5:08 pm

smh... this is so easy... by high school the beasties had transformed from a rap group to a pop group due to the fact their music and sound changed drastically and was very removed from traditional rap. In high school these guys were as popular as groups like RHCP, Green Day, etc. and had the same fans who liked those groups.

I'm not really a fan of their music like that, but objectively living through when they were popular it's not even a comparison as to why they made the ROCK AND ROLL hall of fame and Rakim never will.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
avatar

Posts : 3549
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 41
Location : Yogi's Mama's Bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 5:13 pm

thelundquist wrote:
I'm pretty sure LL got in last year.

No he didn't. He was on the ballot but didn't get in. Only Run-DMC, Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five, and now the Beastie Boys are in for hip-hop.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
avatar

Posts : 1853
Join date : 2010-07-29
Age : 28
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 5:21 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
thelundquist wrote:
I'm pretty sure LL got in last year.

No he didn't. He was on the ballot but didn't get in. Only Run-DMC, Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five, and now the Beastie Boys are in for hip-hop.

Oh yeah, that's right... my bad, carry on... lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
avatar

Posts : 10096
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 26
Location : Eardrum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Quality

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 6:48 pm

smh. Having an 'objective opinion' is an oxymoron. Also, KJ, if you can't see the difference between Run-DMC/Beastie Boys and Eric B. & Rakuim, then there's no point in this discussion.

_________________
[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
avatar

Posts : 3549
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 41
Location : Yogi's Mama's Bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 6:53 pm

Shaun wrote:
smh. Having an 'objective opinion' is an oxymoron. Also, KJ, if you can't see the difference between Run-DMC/Beastie Boys and Eric B. & Rakuim, then there's no point in this discussion.

God damnit, I must be the only non-ignoramus here!

For the fucking MILLIONETH GOD DAMN TIME! I NEVER said that Run-DMC, Beasties, or Flash didn't deserve to be inducted. I said that Eric B & Rakim deserved induction too.

If you fools can't understand that, then you're right there is no point in this discussion.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
avatar

Posts : 10096
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 26
Location : Eardrum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Quality

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 6:58 pm

WHEN DID I SAY THAT YOU SAID THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN INDUCTED? Run and the Beasties have a more universal sound, because they had a giant rock influence. Rakim had nothing 'rock music' about him. Rick Rubin and Aerosmith vs. Marley Marl, that's what it boils down to.

_________________
[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
avatar

Posts : 4876
Join date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 7:04 pm

Just put this right to Classic Threads.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
avatar

Posts : 2445
Join date : 2011-03-01
Age : 34
Location : Bunnyhead, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Wed 07 Dec 2011, 7:40 pm

Is it Cyber bullying when the victim does it to himself?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
avatar

Posts : 4876
Join date : 2009-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Thu 08 Dec 2011, 12:32 am

Minus children, victims always do it to themselves.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
avatar

Posts : 9848
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 29
Location : Detroit

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Thu 08 Dec 2011, 7:31 pm

funny thing about this thread is its completely pointless cuz Eric B and Rakim will be inducted within the next 3 years anyway....lol....but Beasties def have the better argument to get in first
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
avatar

Posts : 5364
Join date : 2009-06-11
Age : 35
Location : Minneapolis, MN

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Thu 08 Dec 2011, 7:38 pm

Hmmm. Personally, I guess I'd have to believe most rock fans do not know who Rakim is at all. Speaking from personal experience, I was a music junkie for many, many years and I NEVER heard of Rakim until I started listening to hip-hop. I had no clue who that man was. Listening to Paid In Full was the first time I heard anything by Rakim.

Should they get in? Sure. The Rock and Roll hall of fame has been a sort of a (or a complete) joke ever since I can remember. I can see Beastie Boys and Run-DMC getting in for their crossover appeal and possibly a handful of other old-schoolers who primarily used rock music in their formula. I can see Stetsasonic making it one day probably just for the band element. Maybe not though. Maybe Public Enemy for attitude. Tough call either way.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
avatar

Posts : 9848
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 29
Location : Detroit

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Thu 08 Dec 2011, 7:45 pm

PE will easily be inducted, if they arent in already
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
avatar

Posts : 820
Join date : 2010-01-09
Age : 44
Location : Hartford

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Fri 09 Dec 2011, 10:05 pm

Eric B and Rakim will eventually get in. It took the Beasties three trys to make it.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
avatar

Posts : 2871
Join date : 2009-05-07
Age : 40
Location : DMV

PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   Mon 12 Dec 2011, 11:38 am

Alan wrote:
Hmmm. Personally, I guess I'd have to believe most rock fans do not know who Rakim is at all. Speaking from personal experience, I was a music junkie for many, many years and I NEVER heard of Rakim until I started listening to hip-hop. I had no clue who that man was. Listening to Paid In Full was the first time I heard anything by Rakim.

Should they get in? Sure. The Rock and Roll hall of fame has been a sort of a (or a complete) joke ever since I can remember. I can see Beastie Boys and Run-DMC getting in for their crossover appeal and possibly a handful of other old-schoolers who primarily used rock music in their formula. I can see Stetsasonic making it one day probably just for the band element. Maybe not though. Maybe Public Enemy for attitude. Tough call either way.

Pretty much...

They didn't even consider rap to be a form of music back in the 80's. And the fact that Eric B & Rakim even made it onto a ballot speaks to how their name is COMPETELY meaningless. Eric B & Rakim didn't play rock music. If Run-DMC hadn't collaborated with Aerosmith, they probably wouldn't be in either. They should just call it what it is...the popularity hall of fame. It should never be taken seriously.

It's a total farce...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame   

Back to top Go down
 
Beastie Boys inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductions
» I know it's only rock'n roll, but . . .
» Rock N Roll Soldiers
» SCANDAL - Rock N' Roll Chords
» Rock N Roll HOF Nomination...again

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: