Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pete Rock & Smif N Wessun- Monumental

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Pete Rock & Smif N Wessun- Monumental Empty
PostSubject: Pete Rock & Smif N Wessun- Monumental   Pete Rock & Smif N Wessun- Monumental Icon_minitimeWed 14 Dec 2011, 5:37 pm

I don't recall a thread being started for this album, but it's all good. I just recently bumped this album (courtesy of Spotify) and I like it a lot, so much so that I ordered it (via Amazon) yesterday. It goes without saying, unfortunately, that it was slept on completely when it was released this year. The production is great, of course, thanks to Pete Rock, and Tek & Steele still deliver the goods on the mic imo. Anyone else checked this album out, and if so, your thoughts. It gets a solid 4 stars from me.

Pete Rock & Smif N Wessun- Monumental Pete-rock-smif-n-wessun-monumental-300x300-2011-06-28
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Pete Rock & Smif N Wessun- Monumental   Pete Rock & Smif N Wessun- Monumental Icon_minitimeWed 14 Dec 2011, 5:56 pm

Forgettable imo. The beats were pretty decent-good on most trks. Tek & Steele were below average on the mic. To me the guest stole the show on every trk.

Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Pete Rock & Smif N Wessun- Monumental   Pete Rock & Smif N Wessun- Monumental Icon_minitimeWed 14 Dec 2011, 6:45 pm

I didn't check this out and I don't want to. I haven't really liked anything from Smif N Wessun in a long time.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Pete Rock & Smif N Wessun- Monumental   Pete Rock & Smif N Wessun- Monumental Icon_minitimeWed 14 Dec 2011, 7:23 pm

I respect all of your opinions, no doubt about that. Looks like I enjoyed this album a little more, but it's all good.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Pete Rock & Smif N Wessun- Monumental   Pete Rock & Smif N Wessun- Monumental Icon_minitimeWed 14 Dec 2011, 8:02 pm

This album is one of the worst I've heard this year.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Pete Rock & Smif N Wessun- Monumental   Pete Rock & Smif N Wessun- Monumental Icon_minitimeThu 15 Dec 2011, 12:02 am

The best thing about this CD was obviously the beats. I played it twice and still say it's between 3.5 and 3.75. I would definitely listen to this before I listened to Lasers or Big Sean, which I would rate below this CD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pete Rock & Smif N Wessun- Monumental   Pete Rock & Smif N Wessun- Monumental Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pete Rock & Smif N Wessun- Monumental
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-
Jump to: