Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child? Empty
PostSubject: Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child?   Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child? Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2009, 10:34 pm

So far what's the hardest thing you've had to teach your whipper snappers?
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child?   Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 2:57 am

To listen to you when you want them to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child?   Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 7:34 am

Making sure my oldest remembers she is a big sister now and has to help protect her little sister. And potty training (more so pooping in it)....
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child?   Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 7:35 am

LOL! Potty training was the worst.
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child?   Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 9:28 am

Also getting my 10 & 8 year olds not to fight so much....
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child?   Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 1:38 pm

Don't worry they'll eventually go to their respective corners permanently. And they'll laugh they ever did that.

As far as potty training (didn't think of that), Kev one day she'll go by herself and you'll be like that's all me baby. LOL. Just make sure she knows the importance of not hitting the rim. She wants nothing but net.

What's the age disparity between your daughters if I may ask?
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child?   Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 2:56 pm

My kid is currently potty training. It really is the worst... lol
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child?   Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 2:59 pm

Yeah, my daughter grasped the concept a lot quicker than my son
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child?   Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 3:02 pm

"What's the age disparity between your daughters if I may ask?"

8 and 2yrs old.

My oldest girl grasped it quicker also but the youngest is doing good with the peeing just the other part.

Nor how many kids do you have?
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child?   Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 3:17 pm

my son took on to the potty training a lot quicker than my daughter. They both started making it through the night about the same time but she was 2 years older. Nights were the hardest to stop the accidents days went pretty easily for both of them. I got a 1 yo that will be going into the whole training thing soon and I'm not looking forward to going through that again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child?   Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 3:21 pm

Lol..I hear you Yog. The 2yr old is using pull -ups right now and sleeps in time so no overnight accidents can occur. Ain't no telling what we'll find in her crib the next morning.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child?   Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 3:24 pm

Just one - wifey wants a 2nd one, though. I have a 2 year old son. He's over 3 feet tall, so we have to use an adapter for the toilet. I think it intimidates him, but the regular pottys are just too small. Hard to go with your knees in your face. lol He also rocks the pull-ups and we try not to give him beverages after 6pm to help with accidents (it works so far).

Right now, I take him in there every 30 minutes. He seems to get the idea, but he freezes up halfway through it and won't go. Anyone have other techniques to share?
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child?   Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 3:45 pm

they make a sensory thing you can put on their bed that will sound an alarm when they have an accident at night and worked for both my older kids to quickly cure the night time issues.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child?   Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 3:56 pm

this topic is gay
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child?   Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 4:08 pm

Steve wrote:
this topic is gay

Yet you participate in it...?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child?   Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 4:10 pm

i did not participate oh holy one, i let you all know you are gay. gay for this topic. participating would have been commenting like a bunch of menstruating moms like y'all have been Smile
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child?   Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 4:42 pm

Oh grow up Steve. I wanted to know what real parents amidst raising their children do so I asked. If you have no smurfs then this question wasn't for you.

Kev, does your oldest like having a little sister or is the age disparity too great for them to have any fun together?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child?   Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 4:58 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
Just one - wifey wants a 2nd one, though. I have a 2 year old son. He's over 3 feet tall, so we have to use an adapter for the toilet. I think it intimidates him, but the regular pottys are just too small. Hard to go with your knees in your face. lol He also rocks the pull-ups and we try not to give him beverages after 6pm to help with accidents (it works so far).

Right now, I take him in there every 30 minutes. He seems to get the idea, but he freezes up halfway through it and won't go. Anyone have other techniques to share?

Make it a celebration...when they go potty all us sing and clap a potty song we made up. Both of them ate that up and just lived for me and my wife to sing that joint. We also use to give the oldest stickers everytime she went.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child?   Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 5:00 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
Oh grow up Steve. I wanted to know what real parents amidst raising their children do so I asked. If you have no smurfs then this question wasn't for you.

Kev, does your oldest like having a little sister or is the age disparity too great for them to have any fun together?

She luvs having a little sister but she has not grasped the idea all the way she is "little" and she looks up to her. They play together when they have too and at times she will play with her on her own. They like watching child programs together. But the age differance is mos def a factor.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child?   Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 5:07 pm

Steve wrote:
i did not participate oh holy one, i let you all know you are gay. gay for this topic. participating would have been commenting like a bunch of menstruating moms like y'all have been Smile

lol...Holy? Thanks...I think. My wife would strongly disagree, though...

Anyway, you participated the very second you hit "send."
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child?   Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 5:09 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Make it a celebration...when they go potty all us sing and clap a potty song we made up. Both of them ate that up and just lived for me and my wife to sing that joint. We also use to give the oldest stickers everytime she went.

Might have to try that. It's better than letting him sit there with a crowd around and watching. Hell, I'd be uncomfortable if folks did that to me... lol
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child?   Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child? Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 2:20 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

Might have to try that. It's better than letting him sit there with a crowd around and watching. Hell, I'd be uncomfortable if folks did that to me... lol

hahhahhhahahaha!!!! ME TOO!!!

This works good if they have a problem at night -> [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

PostSubject: Re: Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child?   Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child? Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2009, 2:37 pm

"Just one - wifey wants a 2nd one"

co-sign, we have an 8 mo. old daughter, she wants another....she's 21, im 24..i want to accomplish something else before we have another (degree, job promotion, mas dinero, etc...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child?   Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Parents: What's been the hardest thing you've had to teach your child?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Cold Kickin' It-
Jump to: