Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Album Of 1999 Pre List

Go down 
+14
Alan
Xcel
D.Powell
KJ Styles
Laced With Slang
mogulfelipe
Shaun
Deanie O'Banion
Myestro
parker lewis
SyRuP Sippa
T. Myers
Blades
Tic706
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Best Album Of 1999 Pre List - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1999 Pre List   Best Album Of 1999 Pre List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jan 2012, 11:29 pm

I dont see the problem with comp albums. Sound bombing 2 came out in 99 and it's an album. If its better than most other albums then it deserves to rank higher. As far as it not being fair, fair to who? lol
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1999 Pre List   Best Album Of 1999 Pre List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jan 2012, 12:35 am

parker lewis wrote:
I dont see the problem with comp albums. Sound bombing 2 came out in 99 and it's an album. If its better than most other albums then it deserves to rank higher. As far as it not being fair, fair to who? lol

Its not an album. Name one artist on every song? Who is Soundbombing by? And why change the rules for one fucking comp? We stopped including comps in like '92-'93. Swarm snuck pass but that will not happen again.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1999 Pre List   Best Album Of 1999 Pre List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jan 2012, 1:28 pm

Relax fucker. I'm not trying to tell you how to run your shit. Just thought I'd point out how silly a thought it is. I don't really care. I enjoy participating, and I know I damn sure wouldn't even begin wanting to be the organizer of all of it.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1999 Pre List   Best Album Of 1999 Pre List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jan 2012, 1:31 pm

Soundbombing was by Rawkus Records. They commissioned it, recorded it, packaged it, and sold it. "It" being an album titled "Soundbombing II". Just saying, it is an album most definitely.

I mean, a compilation in th sense that all songs were released on other album, then compiled and resold makes sense. These were all original tracks, though... just like Swarm which certainly deserved to compete.

Anyway, back to the question: not fair to who?
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1999 Pre List   Best Album Of 1999 Pre List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jan 2012, 1:51 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Soundbombing was by Rawkus Records. They commissioned it, recorded it, packaged it, and sold it. "It" being an album titled "Soundbombing II". Just saying, it is an album most definitely.

I mean, a compilation in th sense that all songs were released on other album, then compiled and resold makes sense. These were all original tracks, though... just like Swarm which certainly deserved to compete.

Anyway, back to the question: not fair to who?

That is not the only definition of a comp album. A comp album is also a collection of random songs by various artist.

Now to answer your question. Which I have already answered numerous times in this thread. Its not fair to any of these true albums in every sense of the word album to have to compete with an comp album full of a wide range of random comp songs composed by various artist. For example an album that has indivisual songs and collabs from Scarface, Ghostface, Talib, Common, Masta Ace, RA Rugged Man, Shad, & Bun B has an big advantage over a dope but not generally accepted classic such as let's just say Dirty Harriet or any one of these other good albums in this tourney. They don't stand a chance. I can tell from the response for this comp being added now that no regular good true albums will compete with it. If one one these reg albums lose to an true predictable great ALBUM by one artist or grp that all fair. But to lose to an comp album full of dope highly regarded artist and full of different dream collabs its not fair.

Plus like like also said since like '92-'93 it said no comp albums or soundtrks unless there are no albums left. I try to keep some integrity in this tourney. If I change that rule what other rules can be manipulated?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1999 Pre List   Best Album Of 1999 Pre List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jan 2012, 3:52 pm

the thing is kev the album is not a collection of random songs. In fact, i think all of the songs were solely made for that ALBUM and didnt appear anywhere else. Soundbombing II is a cohesive album throughout, it aint no random songs thrown into a comp. The album was specifically made as an album
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1999 Pre List   Best Album Of 1999 Pre List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jan 2012, 5:44 pm

Laced With Slang wrote:
the thing is kev the album is not a collection of random songs. In fact, i think all of the songs were solely made for that ALBUM and didnt appear anywhere else. Soundbombing II is a cohesive album throughout, it aint no random songs thrown into a comp. The album was specifically made as an album

I hear you. And maybe I threw random around too much. Whether they were random or not they are songs composed by a different artist per trk. Not every other trk or a few trks but every trk is composed by different artist or variations. Its an comp album. I'm not saying it does not play as an album. I understand that the label put this album together to showcase their talent. But its still an comp album.
Back to top Go down
昇龍拳_الله
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
昇龍拳_الله

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1999 Pre List   Best Album Of 1999 Pre List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 08 Jan 2012, 6:54 pm

The Amazing Jeckel Brothers
Best Album Of 1999 Pre List - Page 3 Jack_Jeckel

Mail Dominance
Best Album Of 1999 Pre List - Page 3 Esham_Mail_Dominance

Section 8
Best Album Of 1999 Pre List - Page 3 MC%2BEiht%2BSection%2B8

Thuggin' - Magic
Best Album Of 1999 Pre List - Page 3 Magic_thuggin_cover

74 Minutes of Bump
Best Album Of 1999 Pre List - Page 3 Gangsta_Blac_74_Minutes_of_Bump

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1999 Pre List   Best Album Of 1999 Pre List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan 2012, 8:48 pm

I woulda said Mail Dominance but it wouldn't have stood a chance anyway...

hey Kev, maybe for 2000 you could have a thread like this then have a play in where people nominate then vote on which 64 albums make it? I know it's extra work, but I would be willing to count the votes...I'm not sure how many options are allowed on the polls but it would be one way of doing it.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1999 Pre List   Best Album Of 1999 Pre List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan 2012, 9:15 pm

Cool idea guest man. I'd try to help too if needed. I'm just busy as fuck so I can't be on here a lot. Also I know that 2000 and beyond is gonna be full of shit I've never heard of so I'm pretty interested. Still working through the albums from 96 I felt compelled to check out.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1999 Pre List   Best Album Of 1999 Pre List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan 2012, 10:04 pm

A Guest wrote:
I woulda said Mail Dominance but it wouldn't have stood a chance anyway...

hey Kev, maybe for 2000 you could have a thread like this then have a play in where people nominate then vote on which 64 albums make it? I know it's extra work, but I would be willing to count the votes...I'm not sure how many options are allowed on the polls but it would be one way of doing it.

I'll keep that in mind. Thats pretty much how its done now. You guys choose, suggest, and cosign most of the picks. That was the point of this pre list. For you guys opinions and to help me with obvious omission. In the 00's I already have in mind the brackets will increase to the 128 for certin yrs. There is just many more albums that dropped this decade and taste will be wide spread.

Also honestly if you and anyone else really want to help. Create listamaina list of your fav albums for every year on Amazon. Like I have said I check Pounds and mine every year for most of the albums. I would luv to have more list to check.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1999 Pre List   Best Album Of 1999 Pre List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan 2012, 10:17 pm

How about I post it on here? Listmanias are really fucking tedious, but I can post shit on here, just pm me and I can pm you back or post it in a thread so people can hate on/co-sign shit I put. Pounds is a good one too because his tastes are different then most of the shit people put on here.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1999 Pre List   Best Album Of 1999 Pre List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan 2012, 10:47 pm

A Guest wrote:
How about I post it on here? Listmanias are really fucking tedious, but I can post shit on here, just pm me and I can pm you back or post it in a thread so people can hate on/co-sign shit I put. Pounds is a good one too because his tastes are different then most of the shit people put on here.

Mos def. Whenever I do a prelist post your top 25 or however many albums from that said year. That will help me big time if more did the same. That way when certain albums are listed multiple times on different list that shows it is cosigned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1999 Pre List   Best Album Of 1999 Pre List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan 2012, 10:50 pm

Cool, I'll try to avoid the more common stuff and I'll start with 2000 when it comes. I'll post it in order as well so it's more obvious.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1999 Pre List   Best Album Of 1999 Pre List - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jan 2012, 2:31 pm

ill do this too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1999 Pre List   Best Album Of 1999 Pre List - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Album Of 1999 Pre List
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3