Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I need some help with my computer

Go down 
+2
Esco
parker lewis
6 posters
AuthorMessage
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

I need some help with my computer Empty
PostSubject: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 8:14 pm

I just had to reboot everything after a crash. I need some safe freeware for reloading my itunes from my ipod. I have almost 12000 on my ipod, and I would really like to avoid rebuilding my library on my desktop.

I know the software exists, much appreciated to anyone who can help.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 8:22 pm

i have the software. now for an MJ hater like you, no soup!
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 8:47 pm

LOL no software required man. just plug in your ipod, go to Start>My Computer>double click Ipod. Now that you have that window up just go to Tools and click Folder Options. In folder options click the View tab and then look for the "show hidden files & folders" and click the bubble, then click apply. After you go through all that easy bullshit under the window where your Ipod is open you will see IPOD CONTROL, click that then you will see a folder labeled MUSIC click that, and in all the F00, F01, F02 ect ect folders will be your music, NOW just drag and drop into itunes... you can thank me later.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 8:56 pm

NOTE: also if you want to make everything go faster and not have to drag and drop each individual F00, F01 ect folder.. highlight them all, right click and select properties. Then uncheck the "HIDDEN" box and click apply. Then just drag the folders into itunes. Oh and I hope you have a fucking great processor because with 12k songs this is going to take you a long ass time.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2009, 11:16 pm

So, after your second post, I can just drag the solid "Music" folder? Thank you, Esco. This collection took years to build, and I lost alot of files outright in the crash.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 12:31 am

Kid Joe wrote:
So, after your second post, I can just drag the solid "Music" folder? Thank you, Esco. This collection took years to build, and I lost alot of files outright in the crash.

I guess it should work, but to be on the safe side, just UNHIDE all the F00,F01,F02 ect folders and drag those into itunes and then wait, and wait, and wait some more and then you'll have your collection back in itunes. Since your computer crashed you could try too google some hard drive recovery programs, it could help get your other stuff back.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 1:06 pm

After shutting down my computer, now it won't play any of the music, because the original files can't be found. Any idea?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 1:08 pm

Do I need to send them all to my desktop?
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 2:00 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
Do I need to send them all to my desktop?

SHIT yea man I forgot about that, I instantly assumed you had itunes configured that whenever you add a song to itunes, its instantly makes a copy of that song/file in your itunes directory. You can either save them to a folder on your desktop and then import them into itunes... or you can go to itunes, then click edit> preferences. Then go to the ADVANCED TAB and check "COPY FILES TO ITUNES MUSIC FOLDER WHEN ADDING TO LIBRARY".

Here's a picture for reference

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The 1st circle is where the music file will be saved if you just drag from your IPOD into ITUNES. The 2nd circle is the check box that enables that feature.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 2:06 pm

You would only have two songs from A.W.O.L.

Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 2:08 pm

Shon wrote:
You would only have two songs from A.W.O.L.

Shaking My Head

Ha, I got a hold of those back then when I was using Limewire to download individual songs. Is the cd worth picking up?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 2:14 pm

Indeed. Every AZ album (next to 9 Livez, download that one first) is worth picking up
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 2:15 pm

Shon wrote:
Indeed. Every AZ album (next to 9 Livez, download that one first) is worth picking up

Hmm, I'll have to check some songs on youtube. Reason being I expected a lot more from what everyone was talking about Doe Or Die, it wasn't that great to me as everyone says it is.
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 2:15 pm

shoulda bought a mac then the crash woulda never happened.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 2:16 pm

Shon wrote:

Shon, you know as well as i do that 9 Lives is worth owning.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 2:19 pm

Oh, thanks Yogi. That really helps alot. I'll just jump back a couple years and fix that.

Never PC again, to be serious. Macs never crash? No viruses at all? I figured it was just less likely.
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 2:23 pm

i've used 1 since the 80's and I can't remember having to re-boot. They are definitely worth the extra cash. My oldest one right now is prolly 10 yrs old and aside from being slow compared to my newest 1 it works perfectly.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 2:26 pm

Fucking amazing, Esco. I hope you're making some money at this shit, man.

I can't thank you enough. You are hereby exempt from all my smartass bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 2:27 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
Oh, thanks Yogi. That really helps alot. I'll just jump back a couple years and fix that.

Never PC again, to be serious. Macs never crash? No viruses at all? I figured it was just less likely.

That's bull, I have an Imac G5 and it crashed. Had to go and buy a system recovery program to get all the shit off the comp. It's not that they don't crash, they're just not too likely to crash, and If you manage to get a virus on a Mac you're a complete retard. Downside about Mac's is that with the 2G's you spend on one, you can build your own NASA type PC.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 2:28 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
Fucking amazing, Esco. I hope you're making some money at this shit, man.

I can't thank you enough. You are hereby exempt from all my smartass bullshit.

Hmm, I'll bill you later lol, and nah, where I live there isn't really that many people so its kind of hard to find clientele if I do decide to get into that business. Maybe when I move into my school dorms I'll find some dumb kids who don't know shit about computers and squeeze some cash out of them. It's come at a cost though, I've fucked up a few computers learning how to get a lot of shit done.
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 2:32 pm

Esco wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:

That's bull, I have an Imac G5 and it crashed. Had to go and buy a system recovery program to get all the shit off the comp. It's not that they don't crash, they're just not too likely to crash, and If you manage to get a virus on a Mac you're a complete retard. Downside about Mac's is that with the 2G's you spend on one, you can build your own NASA type PC.

I have a G3 power mac, a G4 iMac, an intel MacBook, and an intel iMac. My kids use all of them and they have never even crashed them.

I have DL'd every type of file and never ended up with a virus. And if it were to somehow you can now use the TimeMachine application to restore your comp to pre crash condition effortlessly.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 2:35 pm

^^ yea Time Machine is the shit, I've never gotten a virus on one either but I was pissed that my Mac crashed that one time since they're so reliable.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 2:45 pm

"
"

Yeah, but 9 Livez is the only AZ album under 4 stars, IMO
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 2:47 pm

Shon wrote:
"
"

Yeah, but 9 Livez is the only AZ album under 4 stars, IMO

Have you heard Legendary and G.O.D.?
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 2:48 pm

Esco wrote:
^^ yea Time Machine is the shit, I've never gotten a virus on one either but I was pissed that my Mac crashed that one time since they're so reliable.

Time machine is dope... I bought my intel imac on craigs list and the dude had all kinds of pc crap on it so i used my macbook time machine back up to restore the imac and was able to clone all my apps, picts and music in just 6 hours... it was like working on my other computer with no effort. also cleared all the other dudes id, apps and prefs.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 3:06 pm

yOGi420™ wrote:

Bull. I've worked on a Mac for 8 hours a day for the past 8.5 years. They crash just as much as a PC depending on age. Old Macs crap out faster than old PC's though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 3:51 pm

9 Lives is the only Az album I own...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 4:11 pm

"Have you heard Legendary and G.O.D.?"

No, I haven't heard anything post Undeniable (unless N4L came out after that, I don't remember.) C. Tran was saying Legendary was good, though. What is G.O.D.?
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 9:26 pm

Alan wrote:
yOGi420™ wrote:

Bull. I've worked on a Mac for 8 hours a day for the past 8.5 years. They crash just as much as a PC depending on age. Old Macs crap out faster than old PC's though.

Shaking My Head you're trippin' i've owned my G4 iMac about that long and never had a crash.... You must be doing something wrong.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2009, 4:04 pm

yOGi420™ wrote:
Alan wrote:
yOGi420™ wrote:

Shaking My Head you're trippin' i've owned my G4 iMac about that long and never had a crash.... You must be doing something wrong.

LOL...yeah I'm doing something wrong. Good one. lol

I have been working on a Mac for 8.5 years and much longer including school. I assume you don't use your Mac for anything but surfing the web and listening/downloading/ripping music. Try using it for graphics, prepress, web & video. It will crash. Any computer will crash if you push it to it's maximum memory and processor usage the majority of it's waking time. Just in my job from the past 6 years or so, I'd guess the Mac crashed about 75 times. Bad crashes too in many different ways. I've seen multiple Macs die...much quicker than most older PCs. So I call BS on your theory. You don't have much of an argument here. lol
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2009, 11:29 am

I think I'm fucking retarded. I shut my computer down again, and the files are gone again...

I'll try your instructions again, Esco. Can you think of anything you missed? I'm running a brand new itunes dl, except for the mods you suggested.

Thanks again. sorry for being so needy, here.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2009, 11:47 am

I'm going to go ahead and create some folders on my C Drive. This doesn't double the storage, does it?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2009, 12:23 pm

God I hate iTunes. This is why I catalog all my music directly through Windows Explorer.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2009, 2:09 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
I'm going to go ahead and create some folders on my C Drive. This doesn't double the storage, does it?

wtf, i don't know man, you can try saving the songs from your ipod onto a folder in the C drive and then drag and drop into itunes, if that doesn't work, then you're definitely doing something wrong lol.
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2009, 5:12 pm

Alan wrote:
yOGi420™ wrote:
Alan wrote:
yOGi420™ wrote:

I have been working on a Mac for 8.5 years and much longer including school. I assume you don't use your Mac for anything but surfing the web and listening/downloading/ripping music. Try using it for graphics, prepress, web & video. It will crash. Any computer will crash if you push it to it's maximum memory and processor usage the majority of it's waking time. Just in my job from the past 6 years or so, I'd guess the Mac crashed about 75 times. Bad crashes too in many different ways. I've seen multiple Macs die...much quicker than most older PCs. So I call BS on your theory. You don't have much of an argument here. lol

Actually I run my business with mine as well as video/audio editing, photography, word processing, advertisement stuff for my business, accounting, and book keeping. the trick is to max out the ram so you don't have those issues. I can run sweveral large programs at once and still not have issues (ie. final cut, photoshop, illustrator, quicken, playing iTunes, and running safari all at once is quite normal for me... in fact i have all those open now except for quicken). I would not spend the money on one if i was just gonna surf the web... Only 8.5 years.... you're new to the mac world. Hahahhahahhahahha!!!!
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2009, 6:30 pm

yOGi420™ wrote:
Alan wrote:
yOGi420™ wrote:
Alan wrote:
yOGi420™ wrote:

Actually I run my business with mine as well as video/audio editing, photography, word processing, advertisement stuff for my business, accounting, and book keeping. the trick is to max out the ram so you don't have those issues. I can run sweveral large programs at once and still not have issues (ie. final cut, photoshop, illustrator, quicken, playing iTunes, and running safari all at once is quite normal for me... in fact i have all those open now except for quicken). I would not spend the money on one if i was just gonna surf the web... Only 8.5 years.... you're new to the mac world. Hahahhahahhahahha!!!!

Damn man, didn't know you could really ride a computer manufacturer's dick like that...lol. But seriously, no computer is perfect. They all crash. They aren't magical devices that never fail. And if you spend top dollar on your machine to make it run better, that doesn't mean 99% of the rest of the world does....hence more crashing.
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2009, 10:06 am

Alan wrote:
yOGi420™ wrote:
Alan wrote:
yOGi420™ wrote:
Alan wrote:
yOGi420™ wrote:

Damn man, didn't know you could really ride a computer manufacturer's dick like that...lol. But seriously, no computer is perfect. They all crash. They aren't magical devices that never fail. And if you spend top dollar on your machine to make it run better, that doesn't mean 99% of the rest of the world does....hence more crashing.

I didn't realize that computers had dicks... Maybe i've been lucky but I haven't had a problem that wasn't cure with a re-start. That is that fact that I'm basing my rebuttals on. And my dad has had the same luck, he's been buying macs (apple) since they were released in 85 I believe it was. he like me hasn't had any fatal crashes either which rules out the whole "older macs crash more than pcs" thing you are trying to convince people of. Like I said before, maybe you are doing something wrong, a user can definitely screw up a good machine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2009, 10:34 am

Alan wrote:
God I hate iTunes. This is why I catalog all my music directly through Windows Explorer.

whats wrong with iTunes, thats that shit. I cant use Windows for music
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2009, 10:48 am

iTunes is the shit!! I haven't had problems with it in a long time and the on;y prob I had was a few years ago I was burning mp3 cds to play in my car stereo and for a while some of the albums wouldn't play for some reason. That issue was solved thfough updates soon after I noticed the problem though
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 3:49 pm

Cory wrote:
Alan wrote:

whats wrong with iTunes, thats that shit. I cant use Windows for music

Most people have no problems with it, but these are my problems with iTunes:

1. Slow functionality
2. Slow playback since it has to add the files to it's own library
3. Won't recognize all album art and replaces high res art I manually placed
4. Slow CD encoding...slowest I ever used
5. Re-catalogs my music in ways I would never catalog it automatically
6. Makes backup DVD burning a chore
7. iPod functionality is retarded and takes way too much time. I'd rather use Winamp for my iPod.
8. Music libraries are a waste of time IMO

Give me just a basic music playing that plays music on the fly without bother.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 3:57 pm

yOGi420™ wrote:
Alan wrote:
yOGi420™ wrote:
Alan wrote:
yOGi420™ wrote:
Alan wrote:
yOGi420™ wrote:

I didn't realize that computers had dicks... Maybe i've been lucky but I haven't had a problem that wasn't cure with a re-start. That is that fact that I'm basing my rebuttals on. And my dad has had the same luck, he's been buying macs (apple) since they were released in 85 I believe it was. he like me hasn't had any fatal crashes either which rules out the whole "older macs crash more than pcs" thing you are trying to convince people of. Like I said before, maybe you are doing something wrong, a user can definitely screw up a good machine.

Maybe you're just a slow worker. I make those graphics programs my bitch and stretch every bit of processor speed I possibly can out of my work schedule when needed. Multiple computers simultaneously actually. I actually haven't met a faster worker than me with those programs. If it doesn't crash at least once every few months, I'm either not working fast enough, don't have enough work to do, or working on a slow computer (which I don't buy).
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 4:06 pm

I have to say that the aesthetics of itunes are top of the line. It is basically my stereo, and I can't complain about the playability. What is a real drag is some of the mechanics are just not user friendly. They have gotten bette, though, and I'm sure improvements will continue.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 4:27 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
I have to say that the aesthetics of itunes are top of the line. It is basically my stereo, and I can't complain about the playability. What is a real drag is some of the mechanics are just not user friendly. They have gotten bette, though, and I'm sure improvements will continue.

If you want to amazing quality music download Winamp, and get the DFX audio enhancer plugin. Makes your mp3 sound soooo much better.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 5:13 pm

Esco wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:

If you want to amazing quality music download Winamp, and get the DFX audio enhancer plugin. Makes your mp3 sound soooo much better.

Not to mention it's 5X faster at every function it performs.
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 5:14 pm

Kid Joe wrote:

I also use iTunes as my personal jukebox. I love the airtunes feature and I currently have 2 of the airport expresses one connected to my home stereo which sends my music throughout the different rooms in my house and 1 connected to the stereo in my garage. So I can choose to either play it inside, out in the garage, on my computer or any combination of the three. Also the fact that i can play any of the music libraries from the 4 different comps i have running on the airtunes from any one of them is very convenient. Plus the way itunes stores/sorts the music in the save folder (artist/album/tracks) makes finding where everything is to easy. It also rips cds in any one of several formats and qualities. To some it up... iTunes>any other single application for playing, storing or ripping music out there. To top it off it makes iPod use seamless with the same format of organization.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 5:37 pm

yOGi420™ wrote:
Kid Joe wrote:

I also use iTunes as my personal jukebox. I love the airtunes feature and I currently have 2 of the airport expresses one connected to my home stereo which sends my music throughout the different rooms in my house and 1 connected to the stereo in my garage. So I can choose to either play it inside, out in the garage, on my computer or any combination of the three. Also the fact that i can play any of the music libraries from the 4 different comps i have running on the airtunes from any one of them is very convenient. Plus the way itunes stores/sorts the music in the save folder (artist/album/tracks) makes finding where everything is to easy. It also rips cds in any one of several formats and qualities. To some it up... iTunes>any other single application for playing, storing or ripping music out there. To top it off it makes iPod use seamless with the same format of organization.

LMAO!! Sorry, you just spank to Macs too hard man. I guess all there is to say is I disagree entirely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need some help with my computer   I need some help with my computer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need some help with my computer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Cold Kickin' It-
Jump to: