Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!!   Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 06 Jan 2012, 1:48 pm

Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!!   Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 06 Jan 2012, 4:44 pm

Good article, but I knew about the greatness of Premo all along. Glad you finally recognize though.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!!   Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 06 Jan 2012, 5:51 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Good article, but I knew about the greatness of Premo all along. Glad you finally recognize though.

LOl...I always recognized. He's in my top 5 fav producers of all time. You betta recognize.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!!   Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 06 Jan 2012, 5:53 pm

Tic706 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

LOl...I always recognized. He's in my top 5 fav producers of all time. You betta recognize.

I didn't know that, but that's cool. I know you have Kanye rated that high too though.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!!   Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 06 Jan 2012, 7:51 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Tic706 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

I didn't know that, but that's cool. I know you have Kanye rated that high too though.

1. Dr. Dre
2. DJ Quik
3. Rza
4. DJ Premier
5. Kanye West
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!!   Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 06 Jan 2012, 9:07 pm

Tic706 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Tic706 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

1. Dr. Dre
2. DJ Quik
3. Rza
4. DJ Premier
5. Kanye West

Not a bad list, Kanye would be Top 15 for me though personally. Mine goes like this....

1. DJ Premier
2. Dr Dre
3. Marley Marl
4. RZA
5. Pete Rock

Back to top Go down
Blades
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Blades

PostSubject: Re: Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!!   Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 06 Jan 2012, 11:26 pm

Seeing Kanye mentioned before Pete Rock made me throw up in my mouth a little
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!!   Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 06 Jan 2012, 11:39 pm

Blades wrote:
Seeing Kanye mentioned before Pete Rock made me throw up in my mouth a little

Well swallow that shit. I respect Pete as a producer and his GOAT status. Ye just has more range and I listen to his music more than anyting Pete Rock made excpet for TROY. That song is untouchable.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!!   Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jan 2012, 1:47 am

ummm... read the article pretty dope.. makes me want to go read some of the others... glad to see him finally claim his texas roots...
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!!   Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jan 2012, 1:49 am

In terms of range I'd say they're about even, but Pete's beats are more capable of making stars out of people moreso than Kanye's.

And Mecca & The Soul Brother >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Any Kanye album
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!!   Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jan 2012, 1:51 am

SyRuP Sippa wrote:
ummm... read the article pretty dope.. makes me want to go read some of the others... glad to see him finally claim his texas roots...

Premo has never denied his Texas roots. It's just that with the success of Gang Starr he stayed in New York, and that brought him immediate buzz in the Big Apple and eventually worldwide.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!!   Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jan 2012, 3:18 am

KJ Styles wrote:
In terms of range I'd say they're about even, but Pete's beats are more capable of making stars out of people moreso than Kanye's.

Who was a made a "star" by Pete Rock beats? I mean seriously who the fuck has Pete Rock beats made a star or even big mainstream other than TROY?

Nice try. You luv making shit up just to defend your fav's. No one attacked Pete or said Ye was better as fact. I just said I prefer Ye over Pete. Why does that bother you so much?

Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!!   Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jan 2012, 3:21 am

Back to the article. I really enjoyed reading it. So far all of them have been on point and very informative. Its funny reading how Canibus and Rah Digga turned down some of Premo's best beats.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!!   Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jan 2012, 4:19 pm

Tic706 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Who was a made a "star" by Pete Rock beats? I mean seriously who the fuck has Pete Rock beats made a star or even big mainstream other than TROY?

Nice try. You luv making shit up just to defend your fav's. No one attacked Pete or said Ye was better as fact. I just said I prefer Ye over Pete. Why does that bother you so much?

It doesn't bother me that you like Ye better. I was just pointing out facts. I think Pete is superior to Ye but opinions are like anuses, everybody's got them.

Pete Rock is like Premo in the way that he can take lesser known MC's like CL Smooth and make legendary tracks with them. That's what I mean. Most of Kanye's greatest tracks were with guys like Jay-Z and Common who would be dope with or without him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!!   Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jan 2012, 6:54 pm

Premo is dope, but I can't stand reading interviews with him anymore. A lot of the shit he says in articles like this are invalidated by him saying shit like "J. Cole and Drake are bringing lyricism back" and putting Take Care as his #11 album of 2011. He is a musical genius, but he is only a human and sometimes I think he buys into his own hype.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!!   Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jan 2012, 8:32 pm

A Guest wrote:
Premo is dope, but I can't stand reading interviews with him anymore. A lot of the shit he says in articles like this are invalidated by him saying shit like "J. Cole and Drake are bringing lyricism back" and putting Take Care as his #11 album of 2011. He is a musical genius, but he is only a human and sometimes I think he buys into his own hype.

I don't agree with his opinion on that, but I don't agree with 95% of your rap opinions but I read them anyway. When did he ever claim to be more than human?
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!!   Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jan 2012, 8:34 pm

Tic706 wrote:
Back to the article. I really enjoyed reading it. So far all of them have been on point and very informative. Its funny reading how Canibus and Rah Digga turned down some of Premo's best beats.

While I liked Rah Digga's first album, she's an idiot for that move. She'd never find a better producer, and we all know Canibus is notoriously awful at picking beats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!!   Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat 07 Jan 2012, 9:06 pm

It's not about claiming to be more than human, it's about considering yourself the authority on hip hop, as he does day in and day out. Maybe he's earned that to some people, but guess what, when he says the shit he does and picks out who he feels is dope or whatever, he's an authority on bullshit IMO. Still makes dope beats, still a legend, blah blah blah, but I don't give a fuck what he has to say on a lot of shit anymore. Even in his own lane, he seems completely out of touch on certain shit. Again, dude is entitled to his opinion, as is everybody else, I just take that shit with a pound or two of salt knowing what I know about his tastes.
Back to top Go down
mistadave
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!!   Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jan 2012, 6:29 am

A Guest wrote:
It's not about claiming to be more than human, it's about considering yourself the authority on hip hop, as he does day in and day out. Maybe he's earned that to some people, but guess what, when he says the shit he does and picks out who he feels is dope or whatever, he's an authority on bullshit IMO. Still makes dope beats, still a legend, blah blah blah, but I don't give a fuck what he has to say on a lot of shit anymore. Even in his own lane, he seems completely out of touch on certain shit. Again, dude is entitled to his opinion, as is everybody else, I just take that shit with a pound or two of salt knowing what I know about his tastes.

I agree with this. I think that there's something I can't understand about legendary Premo, you can't make guest apperances on other's albums (Dj JS-1, and so on), doin' skits about the integrity of Hip Hop, we don't sell out, no talent required, and stuff like that and then put Take Care as one of the best album of the year.

No way.

Anyway, my list goes down to...

1) Dj Premier
2) Rza
3) Pete Rock
4) Dr. Dre
5) Marley Marl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!!   Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Premier On The Cut!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1