Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B)

Go down 
+8
D.Powell
KJ Styles
T. Myers
Myestro
Blades
SyRuP Sippa
Wayne
Tic706
12 posters

Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs
Ghetty Green
Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B) Vote_lcap73%Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B) Vote_rcap
 73% [ 8 ]
Book Of Thugs
Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B) Vote_lcap27%Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B) Vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B) Empty
PostSubject: Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B)   Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B) Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jan 2012, 6:57 pm

Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B) 159591201;encoding=jpg;size=300;fallback=defaultImage

vs.

Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B) 51udzxgd2EL._SL500_AA300_
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B)   Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B) Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jan 2012, 6:59 pm

Trick Daddy Dollars
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B)   Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B) Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jan 2012, 7:01 pm

Oh God, no vote on either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B)   Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B) Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jan 2012, 7:04 pm

Oh god what, Wayne? You act like this shit is toxic or something and it's borderline offensive. What happened to Mr. Nice Guy?
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B)   Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B) Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jan 2012, 7:05 pm

A Guest wrote:
Oh god what, Wayne? You act like this shit is toxic or something and it's borderline offensive. What happened to Mr. Nice Guy?

I'm ALWAYS a nice guy (lol). I'm just not a fan of either of these two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B)   Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B) Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jan 2012, 7:07 pm

Nah, man, you were acting like my grandmother when she heard me playing rap music. "Oh, God". How can you listen to Rick Ross but not Trick Daddy? Obviously you haven't heard enough of the dude to judge if you're acting like his album is polio...
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B)   Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B) Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jan 2012, 7:10 pm

A Guest wrote:
Nah, man, you were acting like my grandmother when she heard me playing rap music. "Oh, God". How can you listen to Rick Ross but not Trick Daddy? Obviously you haven't heard enough of the dude to judge if you're acting like his album is polio...

I no longer listen to Rick Ross homie, and check out this post I submitted on hiphopdx.com a few weeks back. It's real talk:

You know, I'm going to speak my peace on this one (in my second post on this site). I'm definitely being honest and it damn sure doesn't have anything to do with me "hating" on Rick Ross, naw, I'm NOT going to call him that, I'll call him "Officer Ricky". I'll admit, last year, for some reason (probably the production) he grew on me, and he grew on me to a point where I bought Trilla, Deeper Than Rap, Teflon Don, and the MMG compilation album (the comp I bought this year). I stayed away from his first album, Port Of Miami, because I didn't like it at all. Now, leading up to the supposed announced December release of God Forgives, I Don't (and its delay), I came to the realization that, although it took a while unfortunately, this guy raps about THE SAME THINGS over and over on usually great production with NO ARTISTIC growth whatsoever, and to think I was going to buy a 5th album with that same stuff was absolutely out of the question. THEN, even though I was aware of his, uh, background, I started thinking back to when it was reported that he was a CO back in the day, and how he denied it multiple times, then came back and admitted it, that activity right there does NOT sit well with me at all. Add up all of this and I'm clearly not a fan of this guy any longer. Maybe, just maybe, had he been up front and honest in the beginning I would have a little respect for him, but that ship has sailed completely. Some say "well, it's all about the music". In some cases, it is, but when you deny something only to admit it later, MOST people will look at you a little different and from there it's no longer "all about the music". It still puzzles me the amount of cosigns this guy receives from artists I like and been supporting for a long time (Nas & Jay-Z, my #1 and #2 favorite artists of all time, respectively, Jadakiss, Kanye West, Styles P, etc), not to mention how in demand he is, smh. I sold all of his albums, as they'll never return to my collection. They never should've been there in the first place. And again, this is not me hating.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B)   Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B) Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jan 2012, 7:21 pm

Ces Cru
Back to top Go down
Blades
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Blades

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B)   Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B) Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jan 2012, 7:41 pm

Ghetty Green, might be my fav album from the 3-6 camp
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B)   Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B) Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jan 2012, 8:16 pm

N/A
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B)   Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B) Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jan 2012, 8:17 pm

Wayne, I apologize because I wasn't being clear.

What I meant was the mere fact that you gave Rick Ross a chance in the first place as opposed to displaying abject disgust at the mention of two albums to me if pretty offensive when the only difference between Trick Daddy and Rick Ross is some east coast co-signs and the era in which they were released. It comes off as hypocritical from a guy whose opinion I hardly ever agree with but usually respect because I know that you're honest (unlike Powell and KJ who will puss out and lie when they know they'll get called out on their bullshit). You owned No Limit albums, I'm assuming you've heard some 3-6, I just don't understand what's so terrible about these two rappers that your reaction would be "oh, god". That's all.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B)   Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B) Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jan 2012, 9:58 pm

Pat pretty easily.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B)   Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B) Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jan 2012, 10:26 pm

A Guest wrote:

What I meant was the mere fact that you gave Rick Ross a chance in the first place as opposed to displaying abject disgust at the mention of two albums to me if pretty offensive when the only difference between Trick Daddy and Rick Ross is some east coast co-signs and the era in which they were released. It comes off as hypocritical from a guy whose opinion I hardly ever agree with but usually respect because I know that you're honest (unlike Powell and KJ who will puss out and lie when they know they'll get called out on their bullshit). You owned No Limit albums, I'm assuming you've heard some 3-6, I just don't understand what's so terrible about these two rappers that your reaction would be "oh, god". That's all.

Well, I've certainly heard enough Trick Daddy in my time to know I don't care for his music, and Project Pat? Don't get me started on that guy (lol). I have cousins who still like him and 3-6 to this day, and back then, when they played it (sometimes in an effort to get me to check it out more), that's when I would hear it and even then I wasn't impressed. I'll admit, DJ Paul & Juicy J make some good, albeit VERY similar, beats, but that's where it begins and ends for me.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B)   Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B) Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jan 2012, 10:40 pm

Project Pat for me.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B)   Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B) Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jan 2012, 11:29 pm

What Wayne said
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B)   Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B) Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 12:13 am

A Guest wrote:

the only "puss out" here is you lil jeffrey...the town crier is crying again and as usual no one is listening....we just don't believe you mayne.....
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B)   Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B) Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 12:14 am

Oh and Trick Daddy wins BY DEFAULT!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B)   Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B) Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 12:31 am

Why don't you go make up some bullshit Powell? Tell me how you were there when KRS One knocked out dude from PM Dawn or something interesting. Otherwise shut the fuck up and go back to collecting Social Security checks....
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B)   Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B) Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 1:32 am

PROJECT PAT!!!!!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B)   Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B) Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 6:45 am

A Guest wrote:
Why don't you go make up some bullshit Powell? Tell me how you were there when KRS One knocked out dude from PM Dawn or something interesting. Otherwise shut the fuck up and go back to collecting Social Security checks....

I win this "debate" again and as usual with this BEYOTCH......easily, by default and otherwise....
Back to top Go down
MURDERGHOST
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
MURDERGHOST

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B)   Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B) Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 9:50 am

Ghetty Green...
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B)   Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B) Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 10:22 am

Gonna go with Project Pat on this one....but I do like the Trick as well...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B)   Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B) Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012, 9:14 pm

Ghetty Green
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B)   Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Album 1999 Round 1: Ghetty Green vs. Book Of Thugs (B)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Topic of the Day-
Jump to: