Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

What's Going On With These Indie Beats?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: What's Going On With These Indie Beats?   Sat 21 Jan 2012, 4:22 pm

OK, so 90% won't know this, but a couple years ago Tech N9ne put out a song on one of his EPs that used the same beat as an Ap.9 song. As in, not the same sample, not the same movements and melodies, but the. exact. same. beat. "Bar for bar" as SRP so eloquently put it. The fills, change-ups, everything was the exact same. Today I noticed that a beat on T Rock's I Grind I Hustle (Whacha Mean) uses another EXACT SAME BEAT as Haystak/Jelly Roll's "Where Was You?". In both instances, the producers are listed as being different people...what the fuck is going on here?
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?

PostSubject: Re: What's Going On With These Indie Beats?   Sat 21 Jan 2012, 4:56 pm

Hmmm, I didn't know it was billed to different producers... or maybe I did... someone is stealing beats though and I'm assuming one side or the other is keeping quiet. Who is billed as doing the t-rock beat and jelly roll one?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's Going On With These Indie Beats?   Sat 21 Jan 2012, 5:21 pm

Darksyde I think did the T Rock one but I can't find the credits right now and All Around Productions is credited (and has a TAG) on the Haystak/Jelly Roll beat but I don't have linears for either OBVIOUSLY so I'm not positive. All Around is David Ray's production company and I don't think he'd steal shit but who knows anymore.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?

PostSubject: Re: What's Going On With These Indie Beats?   Sat 21 Jan 2012, 5:48 pm

ccording to Freddy Machete (the producer of the beat), this is why this happened:

"HERE IT IS AND ITS SIMPLE: I did a lot of work with P.9 because I produced an entire album of his that my company is putting out (not reality check). A few months into that project I get the word that
Lynch will be using a few beats and Tech will be using the "last song" beat and I sign them off to strange. So I tell P.9 we aren't using those beats AT ALL.Then P.9 and I fall out of communication (don't know why) Next thing I know Reality Check drops (a project which I have nothing to do with except the few tracks I produced on it) and low and behold here we are and the same beat is on both albums. STRANGE OWNS LEGAL RIGHTS TO THAT BEAT. I SIGNED IT OVER TO THEM WELL BEFORE THE RELEASE OF REALITY CHECK AND HAD NO KNOWLEDGE OF THAT BEAT BEING ON REALITY CHECK. THE ONLY PEOPLE I GAVE LEGAL OR EVEN SPOKEN CONSENT TO USE THAT BEAT WAS TECH N9NE AND STRANGE MUSIC. Being in this game as a producer is difficult, you don't always get the courtesy you deserve and a lot of rappers assume all beats are for the taking. There is also a lack of professionalism in the rap game. If everyone gave producers their propers like Strange does (I.e. Upfront money, royalties, and a contract) this wouldn't happen."
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?

PostSubject: Re: What's Going On With These Indie Beats?   Sat 21 Jan 2012, 5:48 pm

dunno what's the deal with the t-rock shit though... t-rock kills that shit... I wonder if they both took that shit from another song we ain't heard?
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?

PostSubject: Re: What's Going On With These Indie Beats?   Sat 21 Jan 2012, 5:52 pm

also, and I think we talked about this before, but freddy machete stole that shit from:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ7qXHjxj_0&ob=av2e

even though he claims he never heard that joint before making his beat...SURE...lol...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

PostSubject: Re: What's Going On With These Indie Beats?   Sat 21 Jan 2012, 5:55 pm

Yeah, i pointed out that Tech N9ne/AP.9 shit when Tech's EP dropped. It's a dirty game.

[11:03:51] @ Jeff : if I was selling popsicles for $1,000
[11:04:00] @ Jeff : and you get a free blowjob from a hooker with that popsicle
[11:04:05] @ Jeff : I'm pretty sure that's still prostitution
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's Going On With These Indie Beats?   Sat 21 Jan 2012, 6:01 pm

Yeah SRP you should really check out that new T-Rock it's really dope
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?

PostSubject: Re: What's Going On With These Indie Beats?   Sat 21 Jan 2012, 7:14 pm

I bumped a disc off of it I think... somehow... don't remember how... it was really dope... that song whatcha mean is kkkrazy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's Going On With These Indie Beats?   Sat 21 Jan 2012, 7:24 pm

My favorite is the song with C-Mob and Bootleg. Shit is dooooope.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?

PostSubject: Re: What's Going On With These Indie Beats?   Sat 21 Jan 2012, 7:26 pm

C-Mob has a new extra mags out I want to peep too.. I'll check if spotify has it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's Going On With These Indie Beats?   Sat 21 Jan 2012, 7:34 pm

I don't think either of the Extra Mags are that good, honestly, wayyy too many weak rappers. Vol 2 is by far the better of the two, more Walkin Sins shit on there plus his features with T Rock/II Tone/Lord Infamous and that style which works much better. But for every song like this:

there's a song like this:

Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon

PostSubject: Re: What's Going On With These Indie Beats?   Sun 22 Jan 2012, 6:59 am

As far as indie beats I do hear alot of the same beats over and over. Like the beat from the song off AOTPs first song on their first album. I think one producer dicovers a beat then others will seek that shit out. Mainstream beats become synomous with the artist that performs on it, or either an original beat they can copyright.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's Going On With These Indie Beats?   

Back to top Go down

What's Going On With These Indie Beats?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1