Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where Should I Start?: Intro

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Where Should I Start?: Intro Empty
PostSubject: Where Should I Start?: Intro   Where Should I Start?: Intro Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 9:10 pm

I'm pretty new to this underground hip hop. I basically listened to whatever was on the radio until a couple of years ago. Even then I was listening to mostly trash. I want to start a new daily thread. I'll list an underground or old school artist I don't know much about and you give me an idea on which album to start listening to. Let me know what you think about this idea.

I'll do about 3 of these later tonight to get it started.
Thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Should I Start?: Intro   Where Should I Start?: Intro Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 9:29 pm

why dont you just ask everyone for recommendations, this way you get albums from artists you have never even heard of and you can pick which ones you like and find out more about them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Should I Start?: Intro   Where Should I Start?: Intro Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 9:33 pm

Well those are the artists I'm going to be asking about. People have gave me recommendations and I don't know where to start. Or, just artists that I hear get mentioned in other discussions, but I just don't know where to start with them.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Where Should I Start?: Intro   Where Should I Start?: Intro Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 9:53 pm

Hmm sounds like a good idea, thing is, that if you ask for recommendations daily you're going to end up having a shit-load of music on your hands to listen to, and spinning different record after different record kinda makes you appreciate shit less, or that's what happened to me. Just let us know if you're looking for a specific sound(east,west,south) and we'll let you know what's the good shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Should I Start?: Intro   Where Should I Start?: Intro Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 10:04 pm

Esco wrote:
Hmm sounds like a good idea, thing is, that if you ask for recommendations daily you're going to end up having a shit-load of music on your hands to listen to, and spinning different record after different record kinda makes you appreciate shit less, or that's what happened to me. Just let us know if you're looking for a specific sound(east,west,south) and we'll let you know what's the good shit.

Co-sign...that shit could get out of hand quick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Should I Start?: Intro   Where Should I Start?: Intro Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 10:17 pm

Yeah I understand that. And I'm not going to ask about every artist I've ever heard of. Most of these artists I have sampled a little bit (off of recommendations or just seeing their names), and would like to look more into them.
Point being, this is the shit that I would be looking up anyway, I just want to know where to start.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where Should I Start?: Intro   Where Should I Start?: Intro Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 10:18 pm

Also, the daily thread would just be a start. If it becomes too much, I will spread them apart.
I'll just see how it works out and go from there.
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Where Should I Start?: Intro   Where Should I Start?: Intro Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2009, 10:25 pm

good way to go at it. there are members here that know just about any1 you'd ask about cuz our tastes are so different. You'll be getting some good recs i'm sure. there is a guru of about every region here
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Where Should I Start?: Intro   Where Should I Start?: Intro Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2009, 8:09 am

LOL, 2 years ago i joined the amazon thread and asked the same question. About a week later i had a list of over 100 albums that i had to sample and read reviews on. Then after sampling all and seeing what i thought i liked the best i had to make a to buy list. I've knocked about 60 of them off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where Should I Start?: Intro   Where Should I Start?: Intro Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where Should I Start?: Intro
Page 1 of 1