Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yo Lounge!!!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Yo Lounge!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Yo Lounge!!!!!   Yo Lounge!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 10 Feb 2012, 1:43 pm

I was wondering how did K-Rino get so known in Austraila? I mean out of all continents i'm just curious of how he gets that much luv from over/under (haha) there. Or is he not as big over there as I may be assuming?
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

Yo Lounge!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yo Lounge!!!!!   Yo Lounge!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 10 Feb 2012, 7:46 pm

I just spent so damn long typing a huge reply to this and then the page fucked up when I tried to send it and I lost it ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!.... I need to go punch something right now, I really do, I am fuckin maddddddddd.

I will just have to be brief now after all that wasted effort...

He's probably not as big as you are thinking, yet still does have some following here.
Theres been dudes out here following rap-a-lot since early days, starting out with Geto Boys some caught on to Terrorists and Nip and then K-Rino thru those albums. Then as time goes on others have joined the party. And because cds were always so expensive to buy over here (and many still are) someone might buy an album, their friend would buy something else, and so on, and then sharing and swapping would happen, tape dubs etc... Knowledge of music would spread around like that and word of mouth, and still does now.

Then the internet coming along, people can explore on there and link up on forums, I guess that ties in too and all these things over time would have helped in building up in people being aware of his music.

K-Rino was brought out here maybe 4 years ago and did 2 shows, one in Adelaide and one in Sydney. This could have helped a bit in becoming more known however he was obviously known before the shows but to how many out of those who attended I dont know. The Adelaide show was successful (maybe 300 people?) and Syndey show only about 40 people... That may be due to poor promotion and in my opinion possibly an ignorance from the hip hop crowd from this city... but out of a city of however many million people, if only 40 peeps show up you know something has gone wrong. But overall, I dont reckon he's that well known here.

Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Yo Lounge!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yo Lounge!!!!!   Yo Lounge!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri 10 Feb 2012, 8:03 pm

Lounge wrote:
I just spent so damn long typing a huge reply to this and then the page fucked up when I tried to send it and I lost it ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!.... I need to go punch something right now, I really do, I am fuckin maddddddddd.

I will just have to be brief now after all that wasted effort...

He's probably not as big as you are thinking, yet still does have some following here.
Theres been dudes out here following rap-a-lot since early days, starting out with Geto Boys some caught on to Terrorists and Nip and then K-Rino thru those albums. Then as time goes on others have joined the party. And because cds were always so expensive to buy over here (and many still are) someone might buy an album, their friend would buy something else, and so on, and then sharing and swapping would happen, tape dubs etc... Knowledge of music would spread around like that and word of mouth, and still does now.

Then the internet coming along, people can explore on there and link up on forums, I guess that ties in too and all these things over time would have helped in building up in people being aware of his music.

K-Rino was brought out here maybe 4 years ago and did 2 shows, one in Adelaide and one in Sydney. This could have helped a bit in becoming more known however he was obviously known before the shows but to how many out of those who attended I dont know. The Adelaide show was successful (maybe 300 people?) and Syndey show only about 40 people... That may be due to poor promotion and in my opinion possibly an ignorance from the hip hop crowd from this city... but out of a city of however many million people, if only 40 peeps show up you know something has gone wrong. But overall, I dont reckon he's that well known here.

I hate when that shit happens too...lol. Sometimes I sit there for a few seconds in awe. It's an anger in its own lane of anger...lol.

Thanks for the response. I was just wondering. I thought Rino toured more over there...guess not. Of course we use to do the same thing in the hoods. One buy everybody get.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yo Lounge!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yo Lounge!!!!!   Yo Lounge!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yo Lounge!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: