Hip-Hop 4 Life
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Subject Matters

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
avatar

Posts : 5489
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 41
Location : Soul Heaven

PostSubject: Subject Matters   Tue 28 Feb 2012, 1:26 pm

Here's an idea for a new thread I will be starting this Friday. I will post songs that I feel are creative, interesting, original, or pure entertainment that deals with a certain subject. All I ask from you guys to spark some convo is to rate the song or comment on how the rapper(s) delivered the subject/concept. This will only run on Friday-Sunday like the ole school thread did.

Also I am open to suggestions just send them to my inbox. And I will mention who gave me the idea for that song when I post it.

I will also post the same songs on FB in Wayne's Music City grp.

What you think?

_________________
There's A God On The Mic
"Pretty soon hip hop won't be so nice, no Ice Cube...just Vanilla Ice"
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
avatar

Posts : 3549
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 41
Location : Yogi's Mama's Bedroom

PostSubject: Re: Subject Matters   Tue 28 Feb 2012, 1:40 pm

Not a bad idea, I'm down with it.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
avatar

Posts : 5489
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 41
Location : Soul Heaven

PostSubject: Re: Subject Matters   Tue 28 Feb 2012, 1:48 pm

Subject matter is the main reason I am a hip hop head. I like all variations of the art but give me some dope creative fun subject matter and i'm good. I have already came up with a lot of songs. Can't wait to share and discuss them.

_________________
There's A God On The Mic
"Pretty soon hip hop won't be so nice, no Ice Cube...just Vanilla Ice"
Back to top Go down
Xcel
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
avatar

Posts : 579
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 26
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: Subject Matters   Tue 28 Feb 2012, 3:24 pm

Tic706 wrote:
Subject matter is the main reason I am a hip hop head. I like all variations of the art but give me some dope creative fun subject matter and i'm good. I have already came up with a lot of songs. Can't wait to share and discuss them.

Lyrical content/substance is probably the main reason I'm a hip hop head too. People like K-Rino (thanks for recommending me him) making songs like "Who Killed Realness?" and "A Long Way To Go" is just a good exemplification of why I love music so much. It's one thing to entertain but orchestrating art that is just pure and unadulterated is something I'll always get sucked into...
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
avatar

Posts : 5489
Join date : 2010-12-29
Age : 41
Location : Soul Heaven

PostSubject: Re: Subject Matters   Tue 28 Feb 2012, 5:59 pm

Xcel wrote:
Tic706 wrote:
Subject matter is the main reason I am a hip hop head. I like all variations of the art but give me some dope creative fun subject matter and i'm good. I have already came up with a lot of songs. Can't wait to share and discuss them.

Lyrical content/substance is probably the main reason I'm a hip hop head too. People like K-Rino (thanks for recommending me him) making songs like "Who Killed Realness?" and "A Long Way To Go" is just a good exemplification of why I love music so much. It's one thing to entertain but orchestrating art that is just pure and unadulterated is something I'll always get sucked into...

True dat. And to add on for me it does not have to be "lyrical" in a deep sense or vocab sense for me to enjoy it. For example a song like AMG's "Lick'em Low Lover". Where he talks about being a kid and catching his father eating pussy and how it turned him to the lick'em low lover. I get a kick out of fun subjects like that also.

_________________
There's A God On The Mic
"Pretty soon hip hop won't be so nice, no Ice Cube...just Vanilla Ice"
Back to top Go down
MURDERGHOST
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
avatar

Posts : 747
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 39
Location : Southern California

PostSubject: Re: Subject Matters   Tue 28 Feb 2012, 7:44 pm

Sounds like a good idea...


Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
avatar

Posts : 2725
Join date : 2010-10-28
Age : 33
Location : North Chesterfield, VA

PostSubject: Re: Subject Matters   Tue 28 Feb 2012, 8:18 pm

MURDERGHOST wrote:
Sounds like a good idea...


Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
avatar

Posts : 10096
Join date : 2009-05-06
Age : 27
Location : Eardrum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Quality

PostSubject: Re: Subject Matters   Tue 28 Feb 2012, 8:51 pm

I'd participate

_________________
[19:13:27] Steve : "AND THE COLONIALS DROPPED TEA in the WATER! HOW DID NAS LOSE TO JAY-Z???""
[19:13:57] Steve : that was mj KJ impression

[22:07:07] Dang! Trotter has joined the chat on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
[22:07:33] Dang! Trotter : I don't like Nicholas Cage's hair.
[22:07:39] Dang! Trotter is Disconnected on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
avatar

Posts : 6865
Join date : 2009-06-12
Age : 241
Location : A Clean, Well-Lighted Place

PostSubject: Re: Subject Matters   Tue 28 Feb 2012, 9:53 pm

Do it.. do it... do the John Wall

_________________
a.k.a AFutureWithoutAPast, Kendrick Davis

"Besides, I have other words: gorilla, parakeet, giraffe, and also... monkey" - Kool Keith
"They call me the Cinco de Mayo killa 'cause I May put 5 in ya" - K-Rino
"It's hard to focus, perhaps the last opus/If younger heads quote this then it ain't all hopeless" - Dalek
"If this is what makes Mims hot, and this is why I'm not/Put a bullet in my brain bury me with Tupac" - Reks
"And I won't say I'm the best since Rakim & Pac n' them/Better yet, I'm the best since Mozart & Bach n' them" - Celph Titled
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Subject Matters   

Back to top Go down
 
Subject Matters
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Subject Untitled - The Journey (EP)
» Subject Esq. / Sahara
» Versus - Stuff That Matters
» Keith Moon Foundation
» RIP Amie Street

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: