Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Premo & Bumps

Go down 
+6
mistadave
T. Myers
Wayne
Half
E. Taylor
Tic706
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Premo & Bumps Empty
PostSubject: Premo & Bumps   Premo & Bumps Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2012, 8:30 pm

Thoughts or ratings on the new album?
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Premo & Bumps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Premo & Bumps   Premo & Bumps Icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2012, 12:55 am

I'd have to go somewhere around 3.5. I was really hoping to love the album, but it's just a little bit of a letdown for me personally. Bumps bored me after a while and I don't feel like Premier was at his best either. That being said, It's still a very solid album. I just cant see it getting a ton of spins when the new wears off.

I've been giving alot of spins to Obie Trice "Bottoms Up" and Mello Music Group "Self Sacrifice". The Obie is really a nice little come back album. Takes me back to his first 2 albums. The MMG is incredible and is my album of the year as of right now.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Premo & Bumps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Premo & Bumps   Premo & Bumps Icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2012, 2:26 am

Off one listen I agree with you Taylor. It comes off kinda uninspired, But then again I don't feel its an album. Its just a collection of songs they did together. Its funny how Premo gets this undying luv but no one mentions lackluster production on his record like this. Some of the songs really standout but not many. And Bumps seems to be just going through the motions on most trks.

3.25-3.5 seems like a good initial rating.

Last edited by Tic706 on Sat 07 Apr 2012, 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Premo & Bumps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Premo & Bumps   Premo & Bumps Icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2012, 8:26 pm

I'd go 3. Some cool beats but Bumpy sounds old as fuck on this album. I'll probably forget what it sounds like by next week. 3 might be too high but I still have respect for these guys and what they were trying to do. Nothing really engaging on the album though. No tracks were bad per se, but yeah many boring ones.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Premo & Bumps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Premo & Bumps   Premo & Bumps Icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2012, 10:14 pm

I still may check this one out.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Premo & Bumps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Premo & Bumps   Premo & Bumps Icon_minitimeSat 07 Apr 2012, 9:19 am

For some reason, i had/have no desire to peep this album.
Back to top Go down
mistadave
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

Premo & Bumps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Premo & Bumps   Premo & Bumps Icon_minitimeWed 11 Apr 2012, 6:34 am

Definitely a good one, but too many highs & lows...Bumpy sometimes barks like the good ol' days, sometimes sounds annoying...Preemo did some nice beats, but some others aren't really up to his standards. 3.5 stars.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Premo & Bumps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Premo & Bumps   Premo & Bumps Icon_minitimeSat 14 Apr 2012, 4:12 pm

Well, I just got finished listening to this (via Spotify). For starters, I was going to cop this one blindly, and I'm glad I didn't. Premo's production on this one is rather lackluster, but definitely not wack. Well let's just say the production is ok but NOTHING spectacular. Bumps is Bumps, nothing more or less and he does come off rather uninspired on this album. 3 stars would be a good rating for this. Overall I'm not adding it to my collection and I don't expect to see this one any year end best album of 2012 lists.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

Premo & Bumps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Premo & Bumps   Premo & Bumps Icon_minitimeSat 14 Apr 2012, 7:43 pm

I liked the joint he did with Statik better.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Premo & Bumps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Premo & Bumps   Premo & Bumps Icon_minitimeWed 09 May 2012, 3:51 pm

On my 3rd spin of this album it sounds better. Maybe some of my pre-hype had to calm down. Feeling some of rhymes Bumps is spittin about the rape of the culture.

3.5 as of now.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

Premo & Bumps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Premo & Bumps   Premo & Bumps Icon_minitimeWed 09 May 2012, 4:53 pm

I agree with the majority. I find it's a solid album, but a bit underwhelming overall. It could have been better. I still enjoy it, but it doesn't live up to expectations.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Premo & Bumps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Premo & Bumps   Premo & Bumps Icon_minitimeWed 09 May 2012, 6:31 pm

The only track I can still remember the sound of is weAreAtWar (or however they randomly capitalized letters in that shit). Totally forgettable. And I'm a big fan of Bumpy and Premier and hope they keep making music. They just made a weak project in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Premo & Bumps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Premo & Bumps   Premo & Bumps Icon_minitimeSat 12 May 2012, 1:02 pm

I actually like this more after giving it a rest for a while. Maybe I had to let my expectations come back down. After the initial disappointment, I feel it's a pretty decent album.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Premo & Bumps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Premo & Bumps   Premo & Bumps Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2012, 12:03 am

You know, I may revisit this one also, and that will determine if I'm going to buy it or not.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Premo & Bumps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Premo & Bumps   Premo & Bumps Icon_minitimeSun 20 May 2012, 6:32 pm

I bought this today, and after 3 listens, it has grown on me. 4 stars for this one.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

Premo & Bumps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Premo & Bumps   Premo & Bumps Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2012, 11:50 pm

Need to give this one some more spins.

Last edited by Jack of Spades on Tue 18 Sep 2012, 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Premo & Bumps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Premo & Bumps   Premo & Bumps Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jun 2012, 3:03 am

Basically, this isn't bad but shoulda coulda been a whole lot better in every way.

Probably Premier's worst presentation as a full length. But, still, not terrible. Just Blah.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Premo & Bumps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Premo & Bumps   Premo & Bumps Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 9:06 pm

Man, I'm still bumping this joint, and it keeps getting better with each listen. It's still on my list for one of 2012's best albums. I *may* bump this up to 4.5 stars, but right now it still remains at a strong 4 stars.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Premo & Bumps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Premo & Bumps   Premo & Bumps Icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012, 6:51 am

this album was decent....I've got it at 3.75 stars....a perfect representation of hip-hop music in 2012.....even trying to recapture old school magic doesn't fully work as is evidenced here....it has its moments but Preemo and Bumps miss out on creating a truly classic effort....3.75 stars sums it up best IMO!
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Premo & Bumps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Premo & Bumps   Premo & Bumps Icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012, 9:12 am

You're a De La Soul fan, have you heard "Plug 1 & Plug 2 Present: First Serve"? It's a concept album, Prince of Thieves or Ace style. The production is amazing.

Ohnomite! by Oh No is real good, too.

I think KRS' album is his best in years... probably since Return of the Boom Bap.

Killer Mike, Planet Asia, Reks... I think you might like most of these.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Premo & Bumps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Premo & Bumps   Premo & Bumps Icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012, 9:13 am

I mean those aren't exactly my favorites, I'm just trying to think of what you might like.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

Premo & Bumps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Premo & Bumps   Premo & Bumps Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 8:46 pm

After three spins, I can get into this. Bump's delivery is consistant and subject matter is relevant.
The beats on this album were all beats that were rejected by other artists (save for one track produced by Bumpy). This fact gives the album a bit of a compilation feel to it. But it's still a good effort. I think if the beats were fresh, the album would have been a banger.

Real rating - 3.75 stars
My bias rating - 4.0 stars
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Premo & Bumps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Premo & Bumps   Premo & Bumps Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2012, 9:26 pm

Jack of Spades wrote:
After three spins, I can get into this. Bump's delivery is consistant and subject matter is relevant.
The beats on this album were all beats that were rejected by other artists (save for one track produced by Bumpy). This fact gives the album a bit of a compilation feel to it. But it's still a good effort. I think if the beats were fresh, the album would have been a banger.

Real rating - 3.75 stars
My bias rating - 4.0 stars

4 stars is my rating also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Premo & Bumps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Premo & Bumps   Premo & Bumps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Premo & Bumps
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-