Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Apollo Brown/OC "Trophies"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Apollo Brown/OC "Trophies" Empty
PostSubject: Apollo Brown/OC "Trophies"   Apollo Brown/OC "Trophies" Icon_minitimeSat 12 May 2012, 1:11 pm

What's your ratings? I'm about 10 spins into this one and I believe this album is deserving of all the praise it's been getting. To me, not a weak track really on the album. "The Formula" is rediculous. Love the strings on that track. Apollo's beats are sick as always and OC holds it down. Mello Music just doesn't put out garbage. That "Self Sacrifice" album and the Stik Figa are also holding a spot in my top 6 of the year right now.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Apollo Brown/OC "Trophies"   Apollo Brown/OC "Trophies" Icon_minitimeSat 12 May 2012, 2:54 pm

4.5 stars for this one.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Apollo Brown/OC "Trophies"   Apollo Brown/OC "Trophies" Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2012, 10:38 am

I really need to step my MMG game up. Aside from this and Gas Mask I haven't really heard any of their other releases. I guess I'll start with Self Sacrifice and work my way back from there depending on what i like.

Anyway, OC has aged like a fine wine. I'd say he's just as sharp today as he was when Word...Life dropped. He's quietly worked his way into my top 20. He's got about 4 albums(including Trophies) that around 4.5 stars or more to me.

Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Apollo Brown/OC "Trophies"   Apollo Brown/OC "Trophies" Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2012, 10:42 am

I plan to check out more from MMG also. OC definitely has aged like fine wine, and this album (which I did cop yesterday) is certainly excellent.

Let me know how that Self Sacrifice sounds Terry.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Apollo Brown/OC "Trophies"   Apollo Brown/OC "Trophies" Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2012, 12:10 pm

Self-Sacrifice is dope!
Stik Figa is really good!
DTMD is solid as ----!
Diamond District is stupid good!
Yu is solid.
Apollo Brown "The Reset" is really good!
Oddissee coming out June 12th is going to be fire.

MMG is really killing things right now. Check them all out when you can get around to it.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Apollo Brown/OC "Trophies"   Apollo Brown/OC "Trophies" Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2012, 12:11 pm

I forgot Apollo Brown/Hassaan Mackey "Daily Bread"-It's really dope too.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Apollo Brown/OC "Trophies"   Apollo Brown/OC "Trophies" Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2012, 12:12 pm

I'll check those joints out also E. Taylor.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Apollo Brown/OC "Trophies"   Apollo Brown/OC "Trophies" Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 4:24 pm

Holy Crap. This shit is amazing. I LOVE the intro and then BOOM! Shit starts off fire with The Pursuit and never stops bangin. I don't like to give albums classic status until they have time to marinate but this shit sounds like its gonna get there. Def 4.5 out the gate. My favorite joints are probably The Pursuit, The First 48, People's Champ, Just Walk, and The Formula but they are really just barely outshining the rest of the album. Fuckin real hip hop gotdammit.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Apollo Brown/OC "Trophies"   Apollo Brown/OC "Trophies" Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 4:27 pm

And yeah, I def have some more MMG to check out. I got this, Stik, DTMD, yU, The Left, a few Oddisee solos...damn, I guess I kinda have a lot, lol. But I still got a lot more to go!
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Apollo Brown/OC "Trophies"   Apollo Brown/OC "Trophies" Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jun 2012, 7:02 pm

Wanduras wrote:
Holy Crap. This shit is amazing. I LOVE the intro and then BOOM! Shit starts off fire with The Pursuit and never stops bangin. I don't like to give albums classic status until they have time to marinate but this shit sounds like its gonna get there. Def 4.5 out the gate. My favorite joints are probably The Pursuit, The First 48, People's Champ, Just Walk, and The Formula but they are really just barely outshining the rest of the album. Fuckin real hip hop gotdammit.

WELL said.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Apollo Brown/OC "Trophies"   Apollo Brown/OC "Trophies" Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jun 2012, 11:02 am

I'm giving this 3.5, with a disclaimer that pretty much everyone should like it more than I do.

I just cannot feel this guy's beats. I've used the word 'generic' before and I'm sticking with that. I'm not trying to insult anyone else's taste (I hope we're all beyond that at this point, anyway). I understand why he gets so much praise... I hear what people like about it. I just don't.

OC delivers a slightly above average performance...

This is after one solid, attentive listen. I'm sure that's all the time I have for "Trophies".
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Apollo Brown/OC "Trophies"   Apollo Brown/OC "Trophies" Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2012, 8:58 pm

I would say 3.5 is a pretty high rating for an album that you don't think you'll ever listen to again, Parker. And I don't think anybody would be offended by your opinions, it's pretty clear that your tastes are way different than most people.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Apollo Brown/OC "Trophies"   Apollo Brown/OC "Trophies" Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2012, 9:23 pm

Ah, yeah... I didn't mean to say its so bad I can't hear it again. I more was saying that there has been so much I like more lately that I can't see spending any more time on this. If that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apollo Brown/OC "Trophies"   Apollo Brown/OC "Trophies" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Apollo Brown/OC "Trophies"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-
Jump to: