Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slept On Gems

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Slept On Gems Empty
PostSubject: Slept On Gems   Slept On Gems Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2009, 9:00 am

I just wanted to make a thread with albums that have been slept on in general, so don't come in here talking about how dope Tanya Morgan is, I'm talking about albums that no one on here ever talks about but deserve a lil recognition.

My pick for today is:

E-Dub: The Prezident

E is from detroit, and was briefly signed to Universal records. He had a nice regoinal buzz going with his answer record to Destiny Child's "Bills, Bills, Bills" which he put out himself. After he got signed to Universal, things went south. The people that produced "Bills" refused to let E put that on his album, and his follow up single "Gangsta, Gangsta" (produced by Swizz Beatz) was going nowhere fast. To help his buzz, he enrolled in the Blaze Battle, to be bested by a 19 year old Eyedea. This battle is sort of infamous because Eyedea knew pretty much every puncline E was going to say as he said it, as well as E using written rhymes that eneded up on the Prezident. Anyway, this album also features production by a fresh out of Dre's camp Scott Storch and some local people. Overall this is a dope gangster rap record and I picked it up for a penny on amazon awhile back.

Here's the video for "Gangsta, Gangsta" because that's all I could find by dude:

Back to top Go down

Slept On Gems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slept On Gems   Slept On Gems Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2009, 9:27 am

I got that CD... I liked it... it was cool for what it was though he was jumping on the trends at the time...
Back to top Go down

Slept On Gems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slept On Gems   Slept On Gems Icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2009, 9:34 am

I totally agree with you there, SRP. It's dope for what it was, it would have been nice to see another album from dude and see what he's really all about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Slept On Gems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slept On Gems   Slept On Gems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slept On Gems
Page 1 of 1