Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water"

Go down 
+2
Z-membu
Alan
6 posters

Chali 2na
3.0-Below
Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water" Vote_lcap33%Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water" Vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water" Vote_lcap17%Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water" Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water" Vote_lcap33%Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water" Vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water" Vote_lcap0%Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water" Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water" Vote_lcap0%Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water" Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water" Vote_lcap17%Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water" Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water" Empty
PostSubject: Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water"   Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water" Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 4:16 pm

I'm actually not even sure if this has been officially released yet, but I got a review...lol.

With this album (his debut solo?), I learned I like Chali 2na a bit more in smaller doses with Jurassic 5. He does have a pretty ill rhyme style and when he rips it, he rips it right. But when he tries to do his slow flow, he falls flat IMO. He's also not that great with hooks or changing up his style too much. There were definitely some bangers when he stayed true to his normal style, but that only makes you realize he only has the one very good style. The production was nice, but could have been better and didn't really make the album more cohesive.

My rating: 3.5 stars
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water"   Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water" Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 4:41 pm

Was not feelin this album, i thought it was a big let down. i thought he was just boring and the beats where bland, i had high expectations
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water"   Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water" Icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2009, 4:45 pm

Cory wrote:
Was not feelin this album, i thought it was a big let down. i thought he was just boring and the beats where bland, i had high expectations

To be honest, I was disappointed overall too. I really liked a few tracks more towards the front half, but shit got pretty choppy towards the end and I wasn't feeling some of the styles he was using there. It would have been better had he not tried to include so much variety on there and just spit like he knew he could. Oh well...
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water"   Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water" Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2009, 11:41 pm

You're just used to one type of style from him. You have to hear this album with the point of view that the whole album is a departure from the Jurassic 5 days. And you know conscious rappers are never that good with hooks because they focus on thier lyrics.

Oh well. I thought his style was sick ever since I heard him with Brother J on Return From Mecca.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water"   Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water" Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009, 12:04 pm

Naw, don't listen to Alan, this album was dope as hell. I dl from a site a couple weeks ago. Welcome To the Fish Market, even though was just cameo tracks already released was fire too.
Actually I haven't heard the album yet, but me and Alan's taste varies. I'll probably like it. Remember,Alan didn't like Kong's Shackles Off-smh
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water"   Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water" Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009, 12:55 pm

Oh Trotter... no one liked Kongcrete's album.. lol
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water"   Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water" Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009, 2:35 pm

Zoltar wrote:
You're just used to one type of style from him. You have to hear this album with the point of view that the whole album is a departure from the Jurassic 5 days. And you know conscious rappers are never that good with hooks because they focus on thier lyrics.

Oh well. I thought his style was sick ever since I heard him with Brother J on Return From Mecca.

Nah, I only like that one style from him so far. I gave this album a good honest 3 listens. I paid attention to it. Most of the material falls flat to me, and I don't dig it. Lyrics? I thought there were plenty of faults in that department as well...and he can be very corny at times. The whole thing was just rather disappointing IMO.

Dang! Trotter wrote:
Naw, don't listen to Alan, this album was dope as hell. I dl from a site a couple weeks ago. Welcome To the Fish Market, even though was just cameo tracks already released was fire too.
Actually I haven't heard the album yet, but me and Alan's taste varies. I'll probably like it. Remember,Alan didn't like Kong's Shackles Off-smh

You think you'd dig this Trotter? I have my doubts....doesn't really seem like your bag, but then again, you often surprise me with what you do end up liking. And if you're saying you DL'ed a Chali 2Na "featuring" compilation, I would think I'd like that more than his solo album here....because he does his thing dope as a guest artist more than a solo artist IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water"   Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water" Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009, 4:13 pm

He was my fav member of Jurassic 5. I was thinking about checking this album out, but a consensus 3.5 rating makes me skeptical to do so.

Nevertheless, I'll download it and then decide if it's worth a purchase or not.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water"   Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water" Icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2009, 4:25 pm

I dig this album. 3-75 ish. "4 Be Be" is an easy standout song.
Back to top Go down
Purple Haze
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Purple Haze

PostSubject: Re: Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water"   Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water" Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 9:42 pm

Alan wrote:
I'm actually not even sure if this has been officially released yet, but I got a review...lol.

With this album (his debut solo?), I learned I like Chali 2na a bit more in smaller doses with Jurassic 5. He does have a pretty ill rhyme style and when he rips it, he rips it right. But when he tries to do his slow flow, he falls flat IMO. He's also not that great with hooks or changing up his style too much. There were definitely some bangers when he stayed true to his normal style, but that only makes you realize he only has the one very good style. The production was nice, but could have been better and didn't really make the album more cohesive.

My rating: 3.5 stars

Co-sign. This describes how I felt about this project word for word. I was listening to this today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water"   Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chali 2na - "Fish Outta Water"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-
Jump to: