Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)

Go down 
+12
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Wayne
Myestro
Shaun
D.Powell
Wanduras
parker lewis
thelundquist
Half
Laced With Slang
TheHazardous
Tic706
16 posters

Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below
Sin-A-Matic
Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Vote_lcap45%Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Vote_rcap
 45% [ 5 ]
Speakerboxxx/Love Below
Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Vote_lcap55%Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Vote_rcap
 55% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Empty
PostSubject: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 9:47 pm

Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) 26565706;encoding=jpg;size=300;fallback=defaultImage

vs.

Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) 619qg21NlUL._SL500_AA300_
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 11:11 pm

Pronounced OUTKAST
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 11:21 pm

damn, havent heard the Logic
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 11:26 pm

Logic wins over one of the biggest musical disappointments in my life
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jul 2012, 11:41 pm

sin-a-matic
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jul 2012, 12:21 pm

Kast
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jul 2012, 12:43 pm

I don't dig Louis Logic. Too nerdy.

I'm one of the folks who really dug The Love Below. I probably won't take it too far, but I'll take it here.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jul 2012, 12:54 pm

Kast by default and most likely either way.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jul 2012, 1:19 pm

Wanduras wrote:
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jul 2012, 1:56 pm

Sin-a-matic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jul 2012, 4:50 pm

Of course a 5 star album is going to lose to some sub par bullshit.

And, how the fuck can you say "most likely either way"? How many of you have heard a fucking VERSE by Louis Logic? Let alone enough to judge a goddamn album. This is why I hardly post here anymore.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jul 2012, 5:01 pm

A Guest wrote:

And, how the fuck can you say "most likely either way"? How many of you have heard a fucking VERSE by Louis Logic? Let alone enough to judge a goddamn album. This is why I hardly post here anymore.

I would assume that when people say "by default and either way" its because they REALLY like the album they are voting for and are quite sure that listening to the other album isn't going to change their mind. That was the case for me here. I opt not to vote otherwise. Would people voting NA make you wanna post more? That doesn't make any sense to me. What do you care anyway? We can't all hear every fucking album that was ever released. I say if you love an album, vote for it.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jul 2012, 5:04 pm

Half wrote:
Logic wins over one of the biggest musical disappointments in my life

This...exactly!
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jul 2012, 6:31 pm

Outkast.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeFri 20 Jul 2012, 9:06 pm

Louis Logic easily

Diablos>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any song on Speakerboxxx/Love Below
Back to top Go down
MURDERGHOST
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
MURDERGHOST

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012, 1:41 am

Have not heard the Louis Logic... No vote...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012, 3:57 am

Wanduras wrote:
A Guest wrote:

I would assume that when people say "by default and either way" its because they REALLY like the album they are voting for and are quite sure that listening to the other album isn't going to change their mind. That was the case for me here. I opt not to vote otherwise. Would people voting NA make you wanna post more? That doesn't make any sense to me. What do you care anyway? We can't all hear every fucking album that was ever released. I say if you love an album, vote for it.

How in the fuck can you possibly know that you won't like something you've never heard. That's fucking retarded, Juan. "I've never eaten green beans, but I can't possibly like them more than cake." Now, maybe that sounds like a reasonable guess, but actually, it's how children think. And posting N/A is actually honest instead of disregarding some shit they've never heard. MAYBE, just MAYBE somebody could take the time to youtube like 3 songs and make a snap judgement, because that would be far better than "Well, Jeff likes this so it must suck" or "This can't possibly beat the second worst album by Outkast".
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeSat 21 Jul 2012, 9:47 am

Hey jeffrey:

you're fuckin ridiculous "mayne"....

"And, how the fuck can you say "most likely either way"? How many of you have heard a fucking VERSE by Louis Logic? Let alone enough to judge a goddamn album. This is why I hardly post here anymore."

affraid He He

U are a funny human being...I'm not sure about what sex you are but you're funny nonetheless....

Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2012, 1:26 am

Never heard the Logic. No vote. I'm an Outkast stan but this kast album never did hit with me at all. I probably only really like 6 songs from the entire double album.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2012, 7:50 am

I've actually been listening to this Louis Logic album over the past day on youtube just like jeffrey suggested and I have heard a few cuts on it that I like....but not enough to change my mind here and I don't love this Outkast album either.....'Kast would maintain the vote this round and I will see what happens next

by the way people I thought we've gone over this default voting in the past.....as long as you're admitting that you're voting on DEFAULT...then that should never be a problem because NO ONE on this forum has heard every hip-hop album ever created not even jeffrey and the idea of this is CROWD PARTICIPATION so if you say NO VOTE because you haven't heard one of them, then you have no number going towards the final outcome which means that you may as well have said nothing...as long as you've heard at least one of the albums then a BY DEFAULT vote should be fine....if you haven't heard either one of the albums and then you make a vote like lil jeffrey has done in the past then that is when your vote isn't worth jack shit......
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2012, 9:49 am

I still think you should default if it's an album you really like. If it's just an album you heard, but don't think it's too great and you vote for it, then the outcome just becomes the album that most people have heard wins.

The tournament is "Best Album XXXX" not "Most Heard Album XXXX"
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2012, 2:37 pm

parker lewis wrote:
I still think you should default if it's an album you really like. If it's just an album you heard, but don't think it's too great and you vote for it, then the outcome just becomes the album that most people have heard wins.

The tournament is "Best Album XXXX" not "Most Heard Album XXXX"

it's all about heads in here giving their opinions...if it's the most heard album then so be it....but from what I've noticed though in the end it all evens out...normally the quality will rise to the top...Non-Phixion won the last one and that is a quality underground project....so it normally evens out in the end...
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2012, 4:16 pm

N3R0N0N wrote:
Wanduras wrote:
A Guest wrote:

How in the fuck can you possibly know that you won't like something you've never heard. That's fucking retarded, Juan. "I've never eaten green beans, but I can't possibly like them more than cake." Now, maybe that sounds like a reasonable guess, but actually, it's how children think. And posting N/A is actually honest instead of disregarding some shit they've never heard. MAYBE, just MAYBE somebody could take the time to youtube like 3 songs and make a snap judgement, because that would be far better than "Well, Jeff likes this so it must suck" or "This can't possibly beat the second worst album by Outkast".

I'm not sure if you're only addressing me here or if that last part was directed at someone else but I've never made any decision based on what YOU like. I could give a fuck what anybody likes except me. And I can see your point, and it makes sense to certain degree. But still, I stand by my decision. It is very possible that Louis Logic is dope but I would have to have listened to and loved his album for years to be better than this Kast album, one which I have formed many memories and good times around. A bunch of you may think this album is weak but I love it. And no spin or two of another dope album is going to change my mind. How often does one of your favorite albums get dethroned by a quick listen of someone's rec? Shit just doesn't work that way. There are better cooks out there than my mom but I can tell you right now that NO ONE is ever going to make a better chicken soup for me. These competitions are all about opinions and if a quick listen is going to change my opinion, it's not going to be about something that I believe strongly in. That may be childlike thinking, but it's no more childlike than throwing a tantrum over some bullshit like this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2012, 7:22 pm

I was just stating my opinion, and stating why I find voting without knowledge in bad taste, regardless of the arena. No tantrum, no insults, no nothing. Just stating my opinion, sir. And yeah, shit does work that way. K Rino's Blood Doctrine was easily my favorite hip hop album of all time for awhile after one spin due to some one's rec from Amazon's forums. Maybe some people aren't that open minded...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2012, 7:23 pm

D.Powell wrote:
I've actually been listening to this Louis Logic album over the past day on youtube just like jeffrey suggested and I have heard a few cuts on it that I like....but not enough to change my mind here and I don't love this Outkast album either.....'Kast would maintain the vote this round and I will see what happens next

by the way people I thought we've gone over this default voting in the past.....as long as you're admitting that you're voting on DEFAULT...then that should never be a problem because NO ONE on this forum has heard every hip-hop album ever created not even jeffrey and the idea of this is CROWD PARTICIPATION so if you say NO VOTE because you haven't heard one of them, then you have no number going towards the final outcome which means that you may as well have said nothing...as long as you've heard at least one of the albums then a BY DEFAULT vote should be fine....if you haven't heard either one of the albums and then you make a vote like lil jeffrey has done in the past then that is when your vote isn't worth jack shit......

Props to you for checking it out, Powell. I don't think you like any of this other albums, but I figured there'd be a few tracks you'd enjoy on this one.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2012, 8:34 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Wanduras wrote:
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeSun 22 Jul 2012, 9:36 pm

What E Taylor said, I am a fan of Outkast but not this double album. This isn't even worth a default vote compared to the other CDs in their discography.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2012, 12:20 am

Since it's close, not going to vote by default. Never heard Sin-A-Matic, but I don't listen to that Kast ever anyway.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2012, 12:53 am

big boi & 3k's first solo albums both pretty much sucked imo. I liked a handful of songs from them, but really didnt like the rest. I got Speakerboxxx/Love Below 1st day, and only heard sin-a-matic in the past couple months, but logic blows this "outkast album" out the water imo.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2012, 9:46 am

N3R0N0N wrote:
I was just stating my opinion, and stating why I find voting without knowledge in bad taste, regardless of the arena. No tantrum, no insults, no nothing. Just stating my opinion, sir. And yeah, shit does work that way. K Rino's Blood Doctrine was easily my favorite hip hop album of all time for awhile after one spin due to some one's rec from Amazon's forums. Maybe some people aren't that open minded...

Another case of agree to disagree, i guess. For the record, tho, it is insulting to tell people that they think like a child and are close-minded. You may say that those are your opinions but they're still insulting. Like if I said it was my opinion that someone was a fag. And no I'm not calling you a fag, it's just an example.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jul 2012, 6:54 pm

Everybody has moments of immaturity, and decisions/biases that aren't based in logic. I was just trying to point out that, hey, maybe you're not thinking about this rationally. I provided context first, then said that it was a childish mentality. If I was trying to insult you, I would just say "that's childish". To be clear. But no harmful intent meant.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2012, 4:43 pm

It's all good, Geoffrey. Honestly, this whole discussion has only made me want to check out that Louis so I guess it was worth it, lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)   Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A) Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2012, 8:09 pm

I doubt you'd like it lol.
Back to top Go down

Best Album 2003 Round 1: Sin-A-Matic vs. Speakerboxxx/Love Below (A)
Page 1 of 1