Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Domo Genesis & Alchemist

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

Domo Genesis & Alchemist Empty
PostSubject: Domo Genesis & Alchemist   Domo Genesis & Alchemist Icon_minitimeThu 02 Aug 2012, 12:36 am

Dropped No Idols earlier today. After 1 spin I'm really feeling this. Alchemist has been on a roll and Domo definitely held it down (this is coming from someone who ain't really feeling OF). This reminds me a lot of Covert Coup, which is a personal classic...

http://limelinx.com/ds86j

Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Domo Genesis & Alchemist   Domo Genesis & Alchemist Icon_minitimeThu 02 Aug 2012, 6:17 pm

Domo Genesis is pretty dope for the most part. I think OF gets a bad rap because they have a lot of obnoxious, in your face type shit but some of their crew has pretty dope albums under the radar, Domo being one and Mellowhype as well. I'm def checkin this out soon, like you said, Al has been on fire lately. And if its even close to Covert Coup it should be dope.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Domo Genesis & Alchemist   Domo Genesis & Alchemist Icon_minitimeThu 02 Aug 2012, 6:43 pm

Just heard those 3 tracks you posted...shits dope. DLing now...
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Domo Genesis & Alchemist   Domo Genesis & Alchemist Icon_minitimeSun 19 Aug 2012, 2:05 pm

No Domo Genesis is mediocre. Alchemist fucked-up jumping on the OF bandwagon
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Domo Genesis & Alchemist   Domo Genesis & Alchemist Icon_minitimeSun 19 Aug 2012, 2:53 pm

This shit was pretty dope. I don't like it nearly as much as Covert Coup but only because I like Curren$y a lot more. Domo and Al def connected. I don't think Al is jumping on any bandwagons, Trotter. He just recognizes who would sound good over his beats and he scored again IMO.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Domo Genesis & Alchemist   Domo Genesis & Alchemist Icon_minitimeSun 19 Aug 2012, 4:39 pm

C'mon, Domo sounds plain as fuck. He's not even comparable to the weakest member of Monsta Island Czars. Voice, flow, wordplay is all mundane. I admit Tyler and Earl got something, but not Domo and the other dudes are just plain rappers. Trust me, Al didnt do an album with Domo cause of his skill. He prolly wanted to do an album with Tyler or Earl but took whoever was available. You're sounding like those RapGenius OF fans.

And a dude created a thread on RapGenius on how mediocre Domo was and Al wasted his beats on No Idols and a moderator took down that thread. Reason why I gave up on that site.

Alchemist should do an album with Spiega of MIC. That would be a perfect match.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Domo Genesis & Alchemist   Domo Genesis & Alchemist Icon_minitimeSun 19 Aug 2012, 5:09 pm

I, in no way sound like anyone on RapGenius. That site is almost certainly entirely comprised of employees that work for the OF and TopDawgEnt labels. I merely have my opinions. Of course Domo sounds plain to you, you like way out there shit like Billy Woods. That shit is un-listenable to me. I can't really speak on MIC because I've never bumped their shit except for MF Grimm and a few features on Doom's shit. And I don't have any super radical opinions that favor OF anyway, I just dig some of their shit. Domo is no genious or anything but his work with Al was dope to me.
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

PostSubject: Re: Domo Genesis & Alchemist   Domo Genesis & Alchemist Icon_minitimeSun 19 Aug 2012, 5:40 pm

The album is dope regardless of how you feel about OF going into it. Domo knew he was making a tape with a legendary producer and he stepped his game up...but thats just how I see it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Domo Genesis & Alchemist   Domo Genesis & Alchemist Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Domo Genesis & Alchemist
Page 1 of 1