Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Boy Jones & RZA - Just Can't Get It Right [Prod. by RZA]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

Boy Jones & RZA - Just Can't Get It Right [Prod. by RZA] Empty
PostSubject: Boy Jones & RZA - Just Can't Get It Right [Prod. by RZA]   Boy Jones & RZA - Just Can't Get It Right [Prod. by RZA] Icon_minitimeThu 23 Aug 2012, 2:10 am

Now this ish is dope. I remember when dude was going by "YDB" and it sounded like he was trying extra hard to impersonate his pops. Now this sounds much less forced and you can hear the ODB seeping through naturally imo.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/singles/id.21686/title.rza-boy-jones-just-cant-get-it-right
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Boy Jones & RZA - Just Can't Get It Right [Prod. by RZA]   Boy Jones & RZA - Just Can't Get It Right [Prod. by RZA] Icon_minitimeThu 23 Aug 2012, 3:52 am

Boy Jones did a track with 9th Prince on his last album and he killed it. Rza is smart to invest time into him. For a little young bunny he got a very strong voice. I'd take him over Childish Gambino, ASAP Rock or any other of these new young rappers
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Boy Jones & RZA - Just Can't Get It Right [Prod. by RZA]   Boy Jones & RZA - Just Can't Get It Right [Prod. by RZA] Icon_minitimeThu 23 Aug 2012, 4:33 am

No. This is horrible. Somebody needs to sit this kid down and work on composition. Stop wasting dope beats on him until he actually writes something.

And, it sounds to me like he's still emulating his pop quite a bit. I don't want to hear anyone else flowing like that. Dirty did it & it was a sort of magic. There's no formula that can just be plugged into. That muthafucka was a one in a billion, so just stop it. It won't ever work.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Boy Jones & RZA - Just Can't Get It Right [Prod. by RZA]   Boy Jones & RZA - Just Can't Get It Right [Prod. by RZA] Icon_minitimeThu 23 Aug 2012, 4:05 pm

Have you heard his previous ish? Where he is full-on impersonating his daddy with the voice undualtions and everything? He's not doing that anymore save for a couple towards the end. He's just rapping well in his own voice on this, which (shockingly) sounds somewhat like his father's.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Boy Jones & RZA - Just Can't Get It Right [Prod. by RZA]   Boy Jones & RZA - Just Can't Get It Right [Prod. by RZA] Icon_minitimeThu 23 Aug 2012, 5:36 pm

I think I did hear it. It was a couple years ago, right?

Nothing really wrong with his voice. He has no lyrics. As in, he just doesn't have ANY. And that's definitely ODBs flow. But Dirty kicked it with skill and made it seem natural. This kids forcing it. There's certainly potential, I just hope they're not blowing smoke up his ass. He needs to be groomed.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Boy Jones & RZA - Just Can't Get It Right [Prod. by RZA]   Boy Jones & RZA - Just Can't Get It Right [Prod. by RZA] Icon_minitimeThu 23 Aug 2012, 5:54 pm

Yeah a year or two. Idk the flow doesn't really seem as forced to me anymore. I didn't think his lyrics were all that bad; though, sure, they could be better. Maybe I'm being naive, but I don't think RZA would sign him and put him out there like that if he didn't think Boy Jones was ready.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boy Jones & RZA - Just Can't Get It Right [Prod. by RZA]   Boy Jones & RZA - Just Can't Get It Right [Prod. by RZA] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boy Jones & RZA - Just Can't Get It Right [Prod. by RZA]
Page 1 of 1