Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ricanstruction

Go down 
+7
parker lewis
D.Powell
SteveT
Half
Myestro
Laced With Slang
Dang! Trotter
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Ricanstruction - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ricanstruction   Ricanstruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012, 7:39 am

If E.Taylor is giving this some props it might be worth a look....

Pounds, gametheory, J.Harris, Highsmith, etc chime in on this one people

is this better than Trophies and Life Is Good both of which are classic material for me in 2012?? I doubt it is and I even doubt that this is above average and thats based on Chino's pretty unspectacular history and trotter's ability too overhype most albums.....lol
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Ricanstruction   Ricanstruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012, 7:45 am

Now Nas has put a visual attached to an extremely DOPE ass single......thanks Nas, shit remains tied for one of the albums of the year (2012) for me....gotta love dope ass hip-hop music mayne!

Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Ricanstruction   Ricanstruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012, 2:13 pm

The only thing that bothered me about this album and Chino as of late is his new found latino-pride. I mean on his first album he rarely mentioned he was latino. He never put him in the same boat as other latino rappers, he even had a click called Gravity composed of Black rappers. Matter of fact he had a track on his 1st LP called WHO AM I, were he states "Who am I/I can't decide/Am I black or White/ how do I identify/ . Well,I guess its definite Chino is a latino now.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Ricanstruction   Ricanstruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012, 9:01 pm

I wouldn't put it above "Trophies" and to me, it's right there with the Nas but I'm not sure I like it more. It is what it is, a really dope album with above average production, crazy punchlines, and some great story telling tracks. The very first track, "Father's Day", will really hit you if your a father. Like I said, I don't consider myself a big Chino fan at all, but I can't deny that I really like this album. I've still got to spin the 2nd disc some more though. If I was you Powell, I would check it out and do it with an open mind. You may be surprised. I was.
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Ricanstruction   Ricanstruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012, 10:04 pm

This shit is no where near the same level as Nas. For one, that's a dumb comparison.

Two, with Powell's close-minded ass, you have seen him countless times hate something just for being compared to one of his favorites.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Ricanstruction   Ricanstruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012, 10:20 pm

The Nas album is not that great. If you're a die hard fan, I'm sure it's nice to get a new album from him. It is his best in awhile I'll give it that.

For my taste I'd definitely say this album swamps Nas'.
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Ricanstruction   Ricanstruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012, 10:32 pm

One, Untitled is a classic. Plain and simple.

Two, you know old ass Powell. You know his tastes. He shits all over any artist (See, Gift of Gab) for ever being compared to his favorites.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Ricanstruction   Ricanstruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012, 10:36 pm

I really could care less if Powell ever listens to this or anything else. Honestly, I don't even think he'd enjoy Chino's vocal style. And I really didn't care for Untitled hardly at all.
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Ricanstruction   Ricanstruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012, 10:57 pm

You could care less? So you care a decent amount now? Or is it that you couldn't care less, haha.

Anyway, the last part of this thread has been an ode to Powell's old ass, so that is why I am saying what I'm saying.

I don't know why you don't like Untitled. Aside from Project Roach (which sucks) it's pretty good beats, and it indicts white, mainstream culture.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Ricanstruction   Ricanstruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012, 11:00 pm

I think it was the beats that turned me off about it, I don't really remember. I know I only listened to it a handful of times then just didn't care to anymore.

And I didn't exactly mean I don't care if people take recs & listen to albums. It's just not a priority.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Ricanstruction   Ricanstruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012, 11:29 pm

Hey white stevie go eat your own dick...nobody asked you for any opinions on anything

once you have lied to everyone on here about what you are then you no longer are a voice worth listening too.....

Hey E.Taylor thanks for the info man!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Ricanstruction   Ricanstruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2012, 11:32 pm

parker lewis wrote:
The Nas album is not that great. If you're a die hard fan, I'm sure it's nice to get a new album from him. It is his best in awhile I'll give it that.

Life Is Good is a classic effort in my opinion.....the production is strong and the lyricism as usual is top notch...what more would do you want from a hip-hop album??
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Ricanstruction   Ricanstruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2012, 8:57 am

D.Powell wrote:
parker lewis wrote:

Life Is Good is a classic effort in my opinion.....the production is strong and the lyricism as usual is top notch...what more would do you want from a hip-hop album??

It's really getting there for me. I haven't updated my Top 10 in a minute but Nas is def climbing. It's hard to explain but I just keep playing it. I'll take a break, but then when I come back it seems to stay spinning for a min. And as much as I love Trophies, it's gonna have to move down because it's just not an "all the time" kind of album, and that has to hold some weight.

I just realized that this is still a Chino thread and we keep talking Nas and OC...lol.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Ricanstruction   Ricanstruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2012, 9:02 am

Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty sure Nas will finish in my 10 for the year, I'm just seeing it around the 8-10 spots right now. It's definitely some of the best beats he's worked on since Stillmatic. His lyrics and delivery just don't seem very passionate to me. Kind of like he just threw it together.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Ricanstruction   Ricanstruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2012, 9:06 am

As for Trophies, I think Brown puts too much emphasis on lining everything up perfectly. Even though these guys are all using the same equipment, there's something to be said for laying down a manual drum track and just letting it ride with some human imperfection.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Ricanstruction   Ricanstruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2012, 10:25 am

Anybody not liking this is just holding a grudgeof some sort. I guarentee if Steve was to come across this album and nobody here was talking about it he'd be giving it praise.

Its easy to hate what people love
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Ricanstruction   Ricanstruction - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Oct 2012, 8:05 pm

"During a recent interview with Truth505, the New York emcee spoke about the new disc, his goals with music and why he felt his mind became the mind of an English professor. "

This was written by some writer at HipHopDX. Chino is a NewYork rapper? First he's from Oregon, raised in New Jersey, now lives in Cali. How in the fuck did this get published?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ricanstruction   Ricanstruction - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ricanstruction
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2