Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I really just like broke rappers in their 30's

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

I really just like broke rappers in their 30's Empty
PostSubject: I really just like broke rappers in their 30's   I really just like broke rappers in their 30's Icon_minitimeSun 14 Oct 2012, 2:35 pm

I admit I am bias against these new young rappers. But still they haven't did much to impress me. I can't get excited over K.Dot, Big Krit, School Boy Q. I am not their demographic any. Too me the broke older gods are making the best music . Well I can't say they're broke Megalon could be a millionaire for all I know.

The last rap group in my opinion to really bring something new to the table was SCFBros.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I really just like broke rappers in their 30's   I really just like broke rappers in their 30's Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2012, 10:03 am

Super Chronic Flight Bros are definitely "different". I don't really know what to say about this. I'm open to listen to older rappers as well, but it is refreshing to check out young rappers like Lute, AbSoul, and Schoolboy Q. It helps me see how the hip hop legacy is progressing. I think it's doing pretty good, it's just that these days anybody could put something out, and throw it up on the net, which equals a whole lot of crap to sift through to get to the goods. Crate digging has changed, that's all. I'm happy for it, mostly.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: I really just like broke rappers in their 30's   I really just like broke rappers in their 30's Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2012, 10:08 am

Both of you should check these kids out.

https://hiphopforlife.forumotion.com/t10148-joey-bada-pro-era

And also check on Flatbush Zombies, trotter specifically.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: I really just like broke rappers in their 30's   I really just like broke rappers in their 30's Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2012, 10:22 am

I hate Flatbush Zombies and I don't like Joey Badass. I think rappers that emerged in the late 90's makes the best music. Rappers like Apathy,MF Doom, Sunz Of Man,BusDriver,Immortal Tech. Elzhi, Talib. Not feeling these new rappers. Maybe its because they have such a fucking hype machine behind them and theres no way they can live up to these expectations. Seriously, rappers that emerged in the 90's didn't have a hype machine unless they were really good. But I guess its needed to keep people interested.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: I really just like broke rappers in their 30's   I really just like broke rappers in their 30's Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2012, 10:26 am

Neither of these crews have any sort of hype machine. They hustle. I'm not sure what you don't like about Pro-Era & Joey if you like the late 90s time period of EastCoast lyricists. That's exactly what they're doing.

I don't like Flatbush Zombies, either. I just know you get into some different shit sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: I really just like broke rappers in their 30's   I really just like broke rappers in their 30's Icon_minitimeFri 19 Oct 2012, 7:44 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Neither of these crews have any sort of hype machine. They hustle. I'm not sure what you don't like about Pro-Era & Joey if you like the late 90s time period of EastCoast lyricists. That's exactly what they're doing.

I don't like Flatbush Zombies, either. I just know you get into some different shit sometimes.

"Hustle". These muthafuckas just upload videos on YouTube. Rappers in the 90's hustled. Could you imagine how hard someone like Apathy had to hustle just to get his name out there
before the internet and Eminem blew up?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: I really just like broke rappers in their 30's   I really just like broke rappers in their 30's Icon_minitimeFri 19 Oct 2012, 7:53 pm

Joey Bada$$ just spent the whole summer on the road. Yeah he got shine off a Facebook video, but if that's why you don't like him you're being spiteful.

Shitting on him for that is the same as loving him for it. Just listen to the music.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: I really just like broke rappers in their 30's   I really just like broke rappers in their 30's Icon_minitimeSat 20 Oct 2012, 2:31 am

Man. these dudes rap its not like they really work. Theres too many Black rappers anyway. We need more Blacks creating underwater radar systems. The game is overcrowded. Fuck these new rappers,
Back to top Go down
mrmikeoxlong
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
mrmikeoxlong

PostSubject: Re: I really just like broke rappers in their 30's   I really just like broke rappers in their 30's Icon_minitimeSat 20 Oct 2012, 9:37 pm

Well If you don't just tag earl sweatshirt as part of the "OFWG" crew and look as his earlier shit and even his "EARL" album the kid shows talent and skill for being only 14 when kitchen cutlery was record and 16/17 for his EARL album.

Besides him Hivesinquirysquad are pretty sick and both their albums are free from their bandcamp.

http: // hivesinquirysquad . com /track/dreamer (Fuck this 7 day rule bullshit)

Haven't really heard to many good new rappers come up on the scene since this SWAG shit came around then again I don't really dig deep enough besides youtube
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: I really just like broke rappers in their 30's   I really just like broke rappers in their 30's Icon_minitimeSat 20 Oct 2012, 9:45 pm

I highly doubt he made something worth listening to at age 14. Last teen rapper worth a damn was Shyheim, and he wasn't even that good. P was probably the last good one. No thanks.
Back to top Go down
mrmikeoxlong
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
mrmikeoxlong

PostSubject: Re: I really just like broke rappers in their 30's   I really just like broke rappers in their 30's Icon_minitimeSat 20 Oct 2012, 10:09 pm

http: //www . youtube . com/ watch?v=MDfitgmnXJ8

its 1:04 I'm sure you can at least give it a listen
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: I really just like broke rappers in their 30's   I really just like broke rappers in their 30's Icon_minitimeSat 20 Oct 2012, 10:19 pm

Glad you like it.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: I really just like broke rappers in their 30's   I really just like broke rappers in their 30's Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 6:07 am

Earl says random stuff. He does have some clever wordplay every now and then but not no MC. Seems like a shy kids with a vocabulary. Theres no weight behind his words though.
Back to top Go down
mrmikeoxlong
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
mrmikeoxlong

PostSubject: Re: I really just like broke rappers in their 30's   I really just like broke rappers in their 30's Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 8:24 am

Kool Keith and Doom both say random shit but I can see where you're coming from, but he is someone I'm keeping an eye on because he may release some dope shit.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: I really just like broke rappers in their 30's   I really just like broke rappers in their 30's Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 3:29 pm

mrmikeoxlong wrote:
Kool Keith and Doom both say random shit but I can see where you're coming from, but he is someone I'm keeping an eye on because he may release some dope shit.

A lot of rappers say random shit but Earl doesn't have the cadence of a true MC that controls the MIC. Not to mention the younger crowd has blown his skill level out of proportion. He seems to shy, even in his videos he's not looking in the camera. And its easier for Earl or any other young rapper to flip wordplay due to so many rappers that came before them. For instance, how many rappers could Kool Keith or Zev Love X (Doom) draw inspiration from when they started rapping in the 80s? Wu-Tang, Nas,Jay-Z, Tupac,Busta,Eminem,Onyx,Das Efx, have not yet been on the rap scene.
Back to top Go down
mrmikeoxlong
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
mrmikeoxlong

PostSubject: Re: I really just like broke rappers in their 30's   I really just like broke rappers in their 30's Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct 2012, 9:57 pm

I see where you are coming from and Earl is shy its just the kind of person he is, at least in this current moment and time. I'm still a fan of his music that won't change but I do agree with you that kids around my age(18) hype up all these rappers because they are the only rappers they know. When their rapper list consists of Earl/OFWG, lil wanye, drake, 2 chaniz,50 cent, rick ross and chris brown(R&B really) of course they are going to say Earl is the best rapper they have ever heard also most of them are just caught up in the OF hype.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I really just like broke rappers in their 30's   I really just like broke rappers in their 30's Icon_minitimeWed 24 Oct 2012, 8:53 am

parker lewis wrote:
Joey Bada$$ just spent the whole summer on the road. Yeah he got shine off a Facebook video, but if that's why you don't like him you're being spiteful.

Shitting on him for that is the same as loving him for it. Just listen to the music.

I checked out Joey Bada$$ and I like it, I like it alot. I think I'll have to find some time to do a bit of digging.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I really just like broke rappers in their 30's   I really just like broke rappers in their 30's Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I really just like broke rappers in their 30's
Page 1 of 1