Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop Empty
PostSubject: For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop   For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2012, 10:43 am

Putting that wack ass "Ratchet" single under the seat I have a strong feeling that James Todd will be returning to his extra long hip-hop roots on this new album Authentic Hip-Hop (scheduled release date is Feb,12th 2013) as is shown by this smooth r&b backed track featuring Joe "Take It"!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authentic_Hip-Hop

the entire track listing is up above! an easy blind buy for me after an extremely sub par 2012, it's time to get 2013 started nicely......

Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop   For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2012, 10:47 am

I hope he does take it back. That's how he's been promoting it. This track is pretty nice... mood music.

How did you take the storm, Powell?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop   For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2012, 10:51 am

What's up Parker....we got killed over here man.....I'm still trying to gather up all the loses man, and to top it off I had a brand new son (my 3rd boy) arrive the day after the hurricane..lol, so with the bad comes some good news too I guess.....how did you do?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop   For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2012, 10:55 am

Didn't really catch anything worse than the usual Labor Day-type winds. Far enough inland. I just noticed we hadn't heard from you & KJ since. Figured that's why. Glad your family's alright.
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop   For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2012, 11:43 am

It's a song for the ladies. Let's hear one authentic song before we get too excited. One stupid ass terrible attempt to stay relevant, and one song talking about how he would fuck a woman and telling her she can cum does not make it look like this will be real rap.

That said, it is a good song.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop   For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2012, 11:51 am

LL always had that track, though. So hope still lives...

If he puts in work like on BAD, he'll destroy everything.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop   For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2012, 11:53 am

SteveT wrote:
It's a song for the ladies. Let's hear one authentic song before we get too excited. One stupid ass terrible attempt to stay relevant, and one song talking about how he would fuck a woman and telling her she can cum does not make it look like this will be real rap.

That said, it is a good song.

actually it's a song for anyone who has had sex...if you've ever in your life had sex then that song should appeal to you...now if you've never slept with anyone then that song might offend you or make you feel uncomfortable....which might partially explain your answer stevie....

I Need Love is an all-time classic HIP-HOP love song so your point right here is not relevant is it???
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop   For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2012, 12:54 pm

Wasn't Exit 13 his album returning to the roots, bla bla bla?

So this isn't new, we've been through this before.
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop   For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2012, 1:47 pm

So the song appeals to you Powell? You want LL to make you cum all night and let you shop all day?

That explains a lot my Down Low Brother.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop   For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2012, 2:34 pm

SteveT wrote:
So the song appeals to you Powell? You want LL to make you cum all night and let you shop all day?

That explains a lot my Down Low Brother.

Nah I like to make my wife cum all night and shop during the day....and maybe while she's doing her thang, a few slow jams might be blaring in the background and this might be one of them...

I already prefixed this thread with the words GROWN FOLKS which automatically eliminates dudes like you and SRP...so anything you two clowns are saying here is not relevant (oh no there goes that word of the day again...lol)
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop   For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2012, 2:41 pm

for a dude who only checks out about 10 albums a year, at the most, complaining about the quality in hip hop seems silly.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop   For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2012, 2:42 pm

Chipper Jones wrote:
for a dude who only checks out about 10 albums a year, at the most, complaining about the quality in hip hop seems silly.

2012 was weak tranny....get over it....lol
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop   For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2012, 2:51 pm

lol... OK Powell... I love LL as much as the next dude... no homo... but all this talk about "grown folks" "authentic" hip hop was the same chatter you guys were talking when Exit 13 dropped so I don't know why anyone is hyping this up like it is something new, different, or fresh.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop   For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2012, 2:56 pm

SyRuP Sippa wrote:
lol... OK Powell... I love LL as much as the next dude... no homo... but all this talk about "grown folks" "authentic" hip hop was the same chatter you guys were talking when Exit 13 dropped so I don't know why anyone is hyping this up like it is something new, different, or fresh.

no hype for me just anticipation over an all-time great dropping a new release......I'll reserve my judgement on it until I hear it....why don't you do the same?? anytime a GOAT emcee is dropping anything new shouldn't it be discussed on a hip-hop forum??
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop   For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2012, 2:57 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Chipper Jones wrote:

2012 was weak tranny....get over it....lol

I agree, see my topic. But Cormega said it was a good year for hip-hop, everyone else here agreed.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop   For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2012, 3:13 pm

D.Powell wrote:
SyRuP Sippa wrote:

no hype for me just anticipation over an all-time great dropping a new release......I'll reserve my judgement on it until I hear it....why don't you do the same?? anytime a GOAT emcee is dropping anything new shouldn't it be discussed on a hip-hop forum??

I'm looking forward to it like the next man. Not trying to criticize anyone's anticipation, was just wondering why some people seemed overly excited about it since it sounded like more of the same from Cool J (Which is a good thing IMO, just nothing new).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop   For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For The Grown Folks-Authentic Hip-Hop
Page 1 of 1