Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Game - Jesus Piece

Go down 
+8
Highsmith
Tic706
T. Myers
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
parker lewis
Dang! Trotter
SteveT
Wayne
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

The Game - Jesus Piece Empty
PostSubject: The Game - Jesus Piece   The Game - Jesus Piece Icon_minitimeTue 11 Dec 2012, 9:52 pm

Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: The Game - Jesus Piece   The Game - Jesus Piece Icon_minitimeTue 11 Dec 2012, 10:10 pm

Wayne, how hard is it to copy and paste the review here!?
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: The Game - Jesus Piece   The Game - Jesus Piece Icon_minitimeWed 12 Dec 2012, 1:10 am

^ cant get mad at him for directing ppl to his blog. That being said The Game fell the fuck off. Lucky for him he got a reality show to compensate income. But what fucken' "gangster" wants cameras to pierce his private life?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: The Game - Jesus Piece   The Game - Jesus Piece Icon_minitimeWed 12 Dec 2012, 1:20 am

Priest should beat him down for this album art...
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: The Game - Jesus Piece   The Game - Jesus Piece Icon_minitimeWed 12 Dec 2012, 1:35 am

this came in the mail today, can't wait to hear it.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: The Game - Jesus Piece   The Game - Jesus Piece Icon_minitimeWed 12 Dec 2012, 3:47 am

I thought you weren't gonna peep this out, Wayne???
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: The Game - Jesus Piece   The Game - Jesus Piece Icon_minitimeWed 12 Dec 2012, 3:50 am

I only peeped out the song Celebration, I dig it, but god damn Tyga & Chris Brown just annoys the fuck out of me. Dope song tho, love that Bone Thugs feel. I'm gonna cop this album one of these days, hate that it cost $5 extra for 3 songs. I hate when they do that crap, same thing with the new Big Boi...Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: The Game - Jesus Piece   The Game - Jesus Piece Icon_minitimeWed 12 Dec 2012, 9:19 am

Chipper Jones wrote:
I only peeped out the song Celebration, I dig it, but god damn Tyga & Chris Brown just annoys the fuck out of me. Dope song tho, love that Bone Thugs feel. I'm gonna cop this album one of these days, hate that it cost $5 extra for 3 songs. I hate when they do that crap, same thing with the new Big Boi...Shaking My Head

Best Buy version has 4 extra songs.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: The Game - Jesus Piece   The Game - Jesus Piece Icon_minitimeWed 12 Dec 2012, 10:35 am

Game is in full identity crisis on this album. I want to like it but he uses so many new school rappers delivery style on this album. He goes from Ross to Pusha to Kanye to Big Sean to 2 Chainz and its very obvious. Lyrically he is on point but the delivery he uses for multiple trks erk me. And there are too many guest that do not really add nothing to the songs.
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: The Game - Jesus Piece   The Game - Jesus Piece Icon_minitimeWed 12 Dec 2012, 11:07 am

Same with R.E.D. album re: styles, and that was one of the best albums of the year.
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: The Game - Jesus Piece   The Game - Jesus Piece Icon_minitimeWed 12 Dec 2012, 11:26 am

This is easily top 5 of the year, with Life is Good, Trophies, R.A.P. Music, & Wu-Block. 4.5 stars at a minimum. Unfortunately the Amazon version only has 12 tracks, but I like the meaner, leaner Game.
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: The Game - Jesus Piece   The Game - Jesus Piece Icon_minitimeWed 12 Dec 2012, 11:33 am

Name me King is the undisputed track of the year - only track 1 off R.A.P. music can compete.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: The Game - Jesus Piece   The Game - Jesus Piece Icon_minitimeWed 12 Dec 2012, 11:52 am

I will check this out either today or tomorrow once I finish with Big Boi. I can't see this being any different than the guest appearance driven Red Album but I will check this out anyway.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The Game - Jesus Piece   The Game - Jesus Piece Icon_minitimeWed 12 Dec 2012, 1:53 pm

Chipper Jones wrote:
I thought you weren't gonna peep this out, Wayne???

I decided to check it out, solely to get that review on my blog, just in case someone wanted to know my thoughts on the album.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: The Game - Jesus Piece   The Game - Jesus Piece Icon_minitimeWed 12 Dec 2012, 1:54 pm

Tic706 wrote:
Game is in full identity crisis on this album, he uses so many new school rappers delivery style on this album, he goes from Ross to Pusha to Kanye to Big Sean to 2 Chainz and its very obvious, the delivery he uses for multiple trks erk me, and there are too many guest that do not really add nothing to the songs

Cosign.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: The Game - Jesus Piece   The Game - Jesus Piece Icon_minitimeSun 16 Dec 2012, 1:59 am

Hmmmmmmm. I think I like it better than the "RED" album but that's about it. His first 3 are all better. This definitely has some dope material though. Tracks 7-12 stand out to me along with "Blood Diamonds". Really digging Kendrick's appearance too. To me "Celebration" is God awful!!!
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: The Game - Jesus Piece   The Game - Jesus Piece Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 11:21 pm

is this album even remotely good? Not sure i trust Steve considering he likes Blueprint 3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Game - Jesus Piece   The Game - Jesus Piece Icon_minitimeMon 17 Dec 2012, 11:44 pm

I'm fine with Game switching it up and trying to rap like other people like he did on the red album. Gives it some variety. Nice break from his own style (name dropping). If it's at the same level as that album (3.5ish) i'll be happy
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: The Game - Jesus Piece   The Game - Jesus Piece Icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec 2012, 2:09 am

It's solid. Not great but not bad. I would tell you to check it out and see what you think.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: The Game - Jesus Piece   The Game - Jesus Piece Icon_minitimeTue 18 Dec 2012, 12:52 pm

I will say between 3 and 3.5. You can't have guests outshining you on every track. You also expect better results from someone who is on their 5th album. That being said, Scared Now, Ali Bomaye, Jesus Piece, Name Me King, See No Evil, Can't Get Right, Hallelujah, Blood Diamonds, Blood Of Christ and Dead People are ok or fairly decent. So between 3 and 3.5 for me. ....And Celebration gets a Thumbs Down from me.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: The Game - Jesus Piece   The Game - Jesus Piece Icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 1:06 am

RED album was doo doo. I guess I'll check this out when I get a minute but it sounds fucking horrible from what y'all are sayin.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: The Game - Jesus Piece   The Game - Jesus Piece Icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2012, 3:33 pm

Man, idk...I really had low expectations for this but I thought the shit was jammin for the most part. It gets weak towards the end but overall I was diggin it. Def way better than RED Album, IMO. 3.5 for me.
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

PostSubject: Re: The Game - Jesus Piece   The Game - Jesus Piece Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2013, 8:30 pm

Late to the party but I am LOVING this record.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: The Game - Jesus Piece   The Game - Jesus Piece Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jan 2013, 1:28 am

This joint has really grown on me. I'm moving it up to 4.0.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Game - Jesus Piece   The Game - Jesus Piece Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Game - Jesus Piece
Page 1 of 1