Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I think I know why Kendrick Lamar is hyped so much

Go down 
AuthorMessage

I think I know why Kendrick Lamar is hyped so much Empty
PostSubject: I think I know why Kendrick Lamar is hyped so much   I think I know why Kendrick Lamar is hyped so much Icon_minitimeTue 25 Dec 2012, 10:57 pm

I bought that Good Kid M.A.A.D city album, and I've come to the conclusion that the reason why he gets so much hype is because he addresses issues that no body has touched on. I enjoyed O.D, and I thought he was going to be a regular underground rapper. After playing Good Kid, I realized that he has a dope way of telling a story. I didn't get into Good Kid until the 6th song, I mean, I liked the beat for Poetic Justice, and how he approached "women" as a subject, and the Janet Jackson beat was pleasing to these ears, but when I heard The Art of Peer Pressure, and the rest of disk 2, I felt like this kid is mentioning something that has never really been mentioned in the hood. No one pays attention to that "hood nerd" or the kid who wasn't claiming or who wasn't all in the streets, and he was that kid. He had something to prove, especially when he was with "the homies" (Bitch Don't kill My Vibe, and The Art of Peer Pressure), and there are kids in the hood who went through that, but didn't have a voice. He brought that voice to the forefront, and I respect him for that. He brings another much needed human element to hip hop, and that's what makes him dope. Any thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: I think I know why Kendrick Lamar is hyped so much   I think I know why Kendrick Lamar is hyped so much Icon_minitimeThu 27 Dec 2012, 5:22 pm

The reason why it was hyped as much as it was cause of Dre. The hood nerd thang been touched a thousand times. Growing up in the hood and wanted to expand the mind but still prove you weren't some softee. That reminds me of...oh yeah...KRS ONE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I think I know why Kendrick Lamar is hyped so much   I think I know why Kendrick Lamar is hyped so much Icon_minitimeFri 28 Dec 2012, 4:55 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
The reason why it was hyped as much as it was cause of Dre. The hood nerd thang been touched a thousand times. Growing up in the hood and wanted to expand the mind but still prove you weren't some softee. That reminds me of...oh yeah...KRS ONE

That may be true. Dre DID sign him, and even made an appearance on Good Kid. KRS One was the first to do it, but at least Kendrick hasn't gotten all preachy...yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think I know why Kendrick Lamar is hyped so much   I think I know why Kendrick Lamar is hyped so much Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I think I know why Kendrick Lamar is hyped so much
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: