Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mic Tyson

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Mic Tyson Empty
PostSubject: Mic Tyson   Mic Tyson Icon_minitimeFri 28 Dec 2012, 11:00 am

I know i'm late!!! As it is known around these parts I am not a fan of Sean P by any means. So my expectations for his music is non existent for the msot part. I purchased this mp3 album only because it was $5 on amazon and the samples sounded str8. Well after one listen the production really carries this album mroe than anything else. Sean P sounds at home on those beats and they made him listenable for me. His rapping about rapping is very repetitive but the production made me want to keep listening and how he sounded over them. Dope album. This has been a consistent year for rap music.

Mic Tyson DDM2230DLXLP
Back to top Go down

Mic Tyson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mic Tyson   Mic Tyson Icon_minitimeFri 28 Dec 2012, 11:32 am

Rapping about rapping? He's not Rakim..... I don't think he ever does that. His lines are hilarious in the best way...not a punchline like celph titled, copywrite etc. He is one of the only dudes I am hooked on everything he's saying. These type of albums and rappers definetly appeal to me more in todays hip hop climate....i need my fix. Tell me you liked Shut The Fuck Up part 2
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Mic Tyson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mic Tyson   Mic Tyson Icon_minitimeFri 28 Dec 2012, 11:44 am

rez'82 wrote:
Rapping about rapping? He's not Rakim..... I don't think he ever does that. His lines are hilarious in the best way...not a punchline like celph titled, copywrite etc. He is one of the only dudes I am hooked on everything he's saying. These type of albums and rappers definetly appeal to me more in todays hip hop climate....i need my fix. Tell me you liked Shut The Fuck Up part 2

He is not talking about nothing but how dope he is and how wack you are over and over again. Rapping about rapping and rapping rapping over rapping. I liked STFU 2. The beats on that thang is crazy and his delivery was dope over them.
Back to top Go down

Mic Tyson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mic Tyson   Mic Tyson Icon_minitimeFri 28 Dec 2012, 11:48 am

yeah not much substance and what you siad is a common theme but he makes it worth listening to....he isn't common sense...but he stays entertaining (to me anyway)
Back to top Go down

Mic Tyson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mic Tyson   Mic Tyson Icon_minitimeFri 28 Dec 2012, 11:51 am

it's just ruff, hardcore, aggressive.....makes me proud to be a hip hop fan ya know. I love the first track
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Mic Tyson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mic Tyson   Mic Tyson Icon_minitimeFri 28 Dec 2012, 12:17 pm

rez'82 wrote:
it's just ruff, hardcore, aggressive.....makes me proud to be a hip hop fan ya know. I love the first track

I agree. Albums like this and Action Bronson doing that street east coast ish over some dope ass beats makes me happy.

Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Mic Tyson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mic Tyson   Mic Tyson Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2013, 8:15 pm

I just got this album and I love it. Sean went out on a limb with these beats but it was a pay-off. It reminds me of an MF DOOM album
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

Mic Tyson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mic Tyson   Mic Tyson Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jan 2013, 10:20 am

I've already weighed in on the other Mic Tyson thread but I just wanted to add that this album is one of those that you listen to all the way through every time. It helps that it's so short. But yeah, P is just one of those rappers where you just can't help but love everything he's saying. He is a great example of why lyricism doesn't always make you a good rapper. His blunt, in-your-face delivery is just believable. I believe it when he says he's gonna fuck my mother. And to me, that's what is most important.
Back to top Go down

Mic Tyson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mic Tyson   Mic Tyson Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jan 2013, 10:37 pm

Wanduras wrote:
I believe it when he says he's gonna fuck my mother. And to me, that's what is most important.

you are a good son...
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Mic Tyson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mic Tyson   Mic Tyson Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jan 2013, 11:20 pm

Man, I revisited this on Spotify recently, and I'll tell you one thing, I may have shortchanged this a little. Not sure what I was expecting when I initially checked it out, but it's pretty good. 4 stars here and another good addition to my collection.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mic Tyson Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mic Tyson   Mic Tyson Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mic Tyson
Page 1 of 1