Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Idiotic Article Anyone? (Kanye the GOAT...)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

Idiotic Article Anyone? (Kanye the GOAT...) Empty
PostSubject: Idiotic Article Anyone? (Kanye the GOAT...)   Idiotic Article Anyone? (Kanye the GOAT...) Icon_minitimeSun 03 Mar 2013, 9:13 pm

One of the worst arguments for GOAT I've ever seen. Good for a chuckle, could very possibly make you angry...

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/2013/02/kanye_west_is_the_goat.php
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Idiotic Article Anyone? (Kanye the GOAT...)   Idiotic Article Anyone? (Kanye the GOAT...) Icon_minitimeMon 18 Mar 2013, 8:16 pm

As Mr. Burns would say: "Kanye West is the GOAT of nothing!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idiotic Article Anyone? (Kanye the GOAT...)   Idiotic Article Anyone? (Kanye the GOAT...) Icon_minitimeThu 21 Mar 2013, 8:32 am

Kanye did change the game. He made it ok for a regular Black dude to rap about being regular. Nobody was rapping about college experiences before him. At the time rap was all up in the idea of getting shot and going to jail. He wasn't a gangster, and I respect Kanye for that. I wouldn't call him the GOAT though.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Idiotic Article Anyone? (Kanye the GOAT...)   Idiotic Article Anyone? (Kanye the GOAT...) Icon_minitimeThu 21 Mar 2013, 9:11 am

He brought those types of lyrics to a new generation, but he didn't exactly pioneer the 'Everyman' hip-hop. Native Tongues had been doing that shit for years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Idiotic Article Anyone? (Kanye the GOAT...)   Idiotic Article Anyone? (Kanye the GOAT...) Icon_minitimeThu 21 Mar 2013, 9:21 pm

parker lewis wrote:
He brought those types of lyrics to a new generation, but he didn't exactly pioneer the 'Everyman' hip-hop. Native Tongues had been doing that shit for years.

True, but he brought it back into the spotlight again.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Idiotic Article Anyone? (Kanye the GOAT...)   Idiotic Article Anyone? (Kanye the GOAT...) Icon_minitimeSat 23 Mar 2013, 5:57 pm

Jay-Z ruined Never Let Me Down??????
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Idiotic Article Anyone? (Kanye the GOAT...)   Idiotic Article Anyone? (Kanye the GOAT...) Icon_minitimeSat 23 Mar 2013, 7:33 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Jay-Z ruined Never Let Me Down??????

He didn't exactly stick to the theme I think is what they meant.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Idiotic Article Anyone? (Kanye the GOAT...)   Idiotic Article Anyone? (Kanye the GOAT...) Icon_minitimeSun 24 Mar 2013, 12:15 am

Ok, I had to re-read it. You're probably right. I do think it's harsh to say he ruined the track though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idiotic Article Anyone? (Kanye the GOAT...)   Idiotic Article Anyone? (Kanye the GOAT...) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Idiotic Article Anyone? (Kanye the GOAT...)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: