Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles....

Go down 
+2
Dang! Trotter
D.Powell
6 posters
AuthorMessage
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles.... Empty
PostSubject: KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles....   KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles.... Icon_minitimeSat 16 Mar 2013, 3:28 pm

#HIP-HOP LEGEND!
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles....   KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles.... Icon_minitimeWed 20 Mar 2013, 3:46 pm

Wow! KRS just rambles on like an old man. He started with 911 and then goes into his battle of MC Shan scratch
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles....   KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles.... Icon_minitimeWed 20 Mar 2013, 9:41 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
Wow! KRS just rambles on like an old man. He started with 911 and then goes into his battle of MC Shan scratch

lol...yeah he kinda reminds me of you just rambling on and on and on and on about how Ricanstruction has changed the course of hip-hop history for the new millenium??? Get The Fuck Out
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles....   KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles.... Icon_minitimeThu 21 Mar 2013, 1:09 am

lol... He wasn't 'taken out of context'... so much as he spoke without context. He should censor himself more. He drank his own Kool-Aid long ago, talks too much without thinking shit through. That's why he's left defending some ignorant shit like that, blaming a 'devil' media for not applying these 'contexts' that only ever existed in his own head.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles....   KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles.... Icon_minitimeThu 21 Mar 2013, 7:20 am

parker lewis wrote:
lol... He wasn't 'taken out of context'... so much as he spoke without context. He should censor himself more. He drank his own Kool-Aid long ago, talks too much without thinking shit through. That's why he's left defending some ignorant shit like that, blaming a 'devil' media for not applying these 'contexts' that only ever existed in his own head.

there's a bunch of disadvantaged folks throughout the good ol US of A that feel the way he feels Parker....maybe being white and living in Geneva,N.Y. has gotten you confused man....but come to the hood and learn my dude....lol, it could be an eye opening experience....ya think???
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles....   KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles.... Icon_minitimeThu 21 Mar 2013, 7:23 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneva,_New_York

are you serious mayne???

He He

no wonder you just don't know....lol
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles....   KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles.... Icon_minitimeThu 21 Mar 2013, 7:47 am

Up to your old tricks, Powell... I don't disagree with him. Never said any such thing.

HE'S the one backtracking & apologizing for being 'taken out of context' because he can't handle the backlash.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles....   KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles.... Icon_minitimeThu 21 Mar 2013, 10:11 am

I don't see where he said he couldn't handle the back lash, it seems to me that he's just clearing up a misconception that was out there about him, that's all, he's making sure his stance is clear to those that might be misinformed, but if he seems nervous to you then so be it......

I think his comment about "cheering" for 9/11 was not a good look so I appreciate his explanation on it because I lost a couple of friends that day myself just like a bunch of other people did.....and I think his views on those hip-hop battles he had is fascinating hip-hop history...if you look at the video (trotter) you will see it was edited in such a way that it might have skipped around some of his statements and just went straight into his battle discussions which is why it might look like he skipped from one subject to the next...anyone with slight common sense can clearly see the edit (trotter)
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles....   KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles.... Icon_minitimeThu 21 Mar 2013, 12:50 pm

D.Powell wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneva,_New_York

are you serious mayne???

He He

no wonder you just don't know....lol

Laughing My Ass Off

That's whats poppin' in Geneva? That was funny. Not saying anything is wrong with living in what seems like a nice area but its still funny looking at what Parker listens too.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles....   KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles.... Icon_minitimeFri 22 Mar 2013, 9:28 am

I think you got me mixed up with Shaw... I don't really listen to too much gangsta rap or trap music. Mostly intellectual I'd say. Not so strange? Anyway, it's definitely not as bad as bigger cities, but just because there's a picture of a nice hotel doesn't mean everything's gravy. People have problems all over.

Back to the KRS video, basically I was saying what does he expect trying to express some shit like that at a conference for The New Yorker? Of course those yuppie fucks are gonna jump all over him for it.

That's the ignorance & Kool-Aid drinkin I'm talking about. In hip-hop circles and even most situations that are primarily black folks he's considered a teacher, or at least somebody worth listening to. He doesn't seem to understand that when he gets up in front of a mainstream audience they're not seeing him in that same light. Just seems like he plays himself in those situations.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles....   KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles.... Icon_minitimeFri 22 Mar 2013, 2:12 pm

He's said he cheered when the towers went down cause the upper crust that those towers represent fucked over the poor, but yet it was the upper crust that brought those towers down and he admitted it was an inside job. This isn't like an Indian shooting an European land grabber with an arrow, this is like a powerful faction changing the course of history for their greedy war mongering agenda.

.......And he talks about is battle with MC Shan
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles....   KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles.... Icon_minitimeFri 22 Mar 2013, 2:22 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
He's said he cheered when the towers went down cause the upper crust that those towers represent fucked over the poor, but yet it was the upper crust that brought those towers down and he admitted it was an inside job. This isn't like an Indian shooting an European land grabber with an arrow, this is like a powerful faction changing the course of history for their greedy war mongering agenda.

.......And he talks about is battle with MC Shan

ummm dipstick the video was EDITED, to go on to the other statements he made after his comments about 9/11......what part aren't you getting??

KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles.... 578644

Last edited by D.Powell on Fri 22 Mar 2013, 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles....   KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles.... Icon_minitimeFri 22 Mar 2013, 2:23 pm

[quote="parker lewis"]I think you got me mixed up with Shaw... I don't really listen to too much gangsta rap or trap music. Mostly intellectual I'd say. Not so strange? Anyway, it's definitely not as bad as bigger cities, but just because there's a picture of a nice hotel doesn't mean everything's gravy. People have problems all over.

What problem is that? People having a hard figuring what cheese to drink with their wine ?

As an upstste NY native myself the only cities catching wreck is Utica, Syracuse, Buffalo, Albany, Rochester, and WaterTown is getting up there too. Im not counting cities like Kingston which are close to the big city. Overall West Ny ain't that rough. Most homocides are done by transplants from East NY. As far as Geneva I put prolly isn't as tough as Sachett's Harbor.
Utica by far is the toughest city in upper NY

Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles....   KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles.... Icon_minitimeFri 22 Mar 2013, 3:51 pm

lol... Utica's definitely nasty. No doubt. Geneva's pretty well flooded with crack, heroin... Obviously it's not densely populated enough for real crazy motherfuckers to slip through the cracks.

I'm not trying to compete. I've been all over. I know it's pretty nice here. Just sayin, I still grew up on welfare, government housing, food stamps... my mom got caught on the pipe for years, lost everything & had to rebuild. I've lost nearly a dozen friends to dope. Forever.

It's not a competition dumbfucks.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles....   KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles.... Icon_minitimeFri 22 Mar 2013, 4:42 pm

parker lewis wrote:
lol... Utica's definitely nasty. No doubt. Geneva's pretty well flooded with crack, heroin... Obviously it's not densely populated enough for real crazy motherfuckers to slip through the cracks.

I'm not trying to compete. I've been all over. I know it's pretty nice here. Just sayin, I still grew up on welfare, government housing, food stamps... my mom got caught on the pipe for years, lost everything & had to rebuild. I've lost nearly a dozen friends to dope. Forever.

It's not a competition dumbfucks.

I agree on one thing there are alot of Whites on PA in upstate NY. There are a lot of Whites, typically Russian immrigants , 1st,2nd,3rd, generation living in the projects in Utica. Lotta grimy ass White dudes. In the midwest its different. Whites still got their head up their asses thinking only Blacks on welfare and shit. The idea of a government projects filled with Whites is observed. Utica is really depressing, its a ghost town from when I was growing up, old abandoned warehouses and factories, boarded up houses. The economy relies on the colleges to survive. And people wonder why New York vote Democratic.

In Indianapolis you got good-ol GOD fearing Republicans in extremely nice nieghborhoods. Theres neighborhoods here so tailored you wouldn't believe. In Naptown its clear as day--Whites over here/ Blacks over there. Living on government assistance is a cardinal sin. Whites try to keep Blacks out the downtown area. Oh theres whites on PA too, their just more hidden. But the majority of the strip clubs and prostitutes on the street are White.
The sex industry is big here. Republicans dirty little secret. Theres close to 20 strip clubs here which is alot for a city this size.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles....   KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles.... Icon_minitimeFri 22 Mar 2013, 4:47 pm

Also in Naptown there are 2 Gay bath houses. One only being 4 blocks north of the state capital building. Theres more gay establishments than you'd think in corn country.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles....   KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles.... Icon_minitimeFri 22 Mar 2013, 8:27 pm

It's funny that every few years or so, KRS is forced to defend his 911 comments. This is really the only thing that the critics have on him these days. Kris has always been about controversy. Many people epecially(sp?) the media always takes whatever he says out of context. I really think a lot of what he says is over peoples heads. When you boast as much as Kris does, they're going to be many people trying to discredit you.

Good clip. When he started to talk about his battles and the Juice Crew - that brought back some fond memories. Thanks!

BTW, it was JUST ICE that tossed Prince B off the stage!
Back to top Go down
chingy > nas
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
chingy > nas

PostSubject: Re: KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles....   KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles.... Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jul 2013, 2:11 pm

that bum should just shut up and go away
he got his career ended by the almighty 50 cent soulja boy and nelly
these days he rambles in college auditoriums to a crowd of maybe 10 people at most
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles....   KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles.... Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jul 2013, 7:10 pm

What's the matter with your emcee Marley Marl
Don't you know that he's out of touch!
What's the matter with your DJ emcee Shan
On the wheels of steel Marley sucks!
You better change what comes out your speaker
You better off talkin 'bout the wack Puma sneaker.
'Cause Bronx created Hip Hop, Queens will only get dropped,
You're still tellin' lies to me.
Everybody's talkin' bout the Juice Crew funny,
but you're still tellin' lies to me.

That's whats happinen!

Oh yeah, And Roxanne Shante is only good for steady fuckin'
Back to top Go down
chingy > nas
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
chingy > nas

PostSubject: Re: KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles....   KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles.... Icon_minitimeSun 04 Aug 2013, 3:03 pm

nobody knew who that bum was back then
his washed up career would be lucky to go dog bowl these days
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles....   KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles.... Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2013, 11:40 pm

Haters keep on hatin'
Back to top Go down
chingy > nas
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
chingy > nas

PostSubject: Re: KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles....   KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles.... Icon_minitimeFri 16 Aug 2013, 4:00 am

that washed up bum krs1 should just have shut once rap legend nelly ended his career
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles....   KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles.... Icon_minitimeSat 17 Aug 2013, 6:41 pm

Laughing  @ "Rap Legend" Nelly.
Back to top Go down
chingy > nas
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
chingy > nas

PostSubject: Re: KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles....   KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles.... Icon_minitimeWed 28 Aug 2013, 11:58 am

krs 1 career was dead when puff daddy revived it with "step into a world"

puff daddy went on to sell millions of records and made a lot of money

krs 1 last 5 cds went imitation concrete brick combined
Back to top Go down
chingy > nas
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
chingy > nas

PostSubject: Re: KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles....   KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles.... Icon_minitimeSat 08 Feb 2014, 7:38 pm

that bum krs 1 career was ended 3 seperate times. his last cd flopped faster than kevin federlines rap career failed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles....   KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KRS-One clears up his 9/11 comments and speaks about his battles....
Page 1 of 1