Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Has Odd Future fell off ?

Go down 
+2
SteveT
Dang! Trotter
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Has Odd Future fell off ? Empty
PostSubject: Has Odd Future fell off ?   Has Odd Future fell off ? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Apr 2013, 1:40 pm

Well I haven't heard much buzz on Tyler's The Wolf which dropped in March. Now I don't follow OF but you don't have to to know when their albums are hot. Ive heard a few albums(like NUMBERS) they recently dropped fell flat. I actually stole this topic from an IGN forum board, yeah., and they made remarks that they were sizzling out. Now these are video game playing teenagers, their core fanbase, starting to lose interest in their music.

So what you think.
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Has Odd Future fell off ?   Has Odd Future fell off ? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Apr 2013, 1:45 pm

They were an internet band in a music scene with the attention span of a baby on cocaine. Of course they fell off.

Labels don't try and build anything worthwhile anymore, just make a few quick bucks then on to the next young idiot who can make them some quick money.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Has Odd Future fell off ?   Has Odd Future fell off ? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Apr 2013, 1:58 pm

Depends on how you define 'falling off'. Wolf almost doubled Goblin's sales. They still get millions of views on their YouTube videos, and their show Loiter Squad is popular on Adult Swim. Earl's new album seems to have some internet buzz about it, though I can't claim to be super in touch with what most teens are into. I think they found a niche and have a pretty strong cult following.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Has Odd Future fell off ?   Has Odd Future fell off ? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Apr 2013, 3:46 pm

thelundquist wrote:
Depends on how you define 'falling off'. Wolf almost doubled Goblin's sales. They still get millions of views on their YouTube videos, and their show Loiter Squad is popular on Adult Swim. Earl's new album seems to have some internet buzz about it, though I can't claim to be super in touch with what most teens are into. I think they found a niche and have a pretty strong cult following.

Whats that? 200,000 copies? If kids on an IGN board stated they were falling off then what can I say? Now they are still relevant, but I don't think they'll ever reach the heights of Eminem or the Wu in their prime. I think certain members will excel on a solo level but as a whole they are beginning to putter. On another note from what I heard of The Wolf sounds decent.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Has Odd Future fell off ?   Has Odd Future fell off ? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Apr 2013, 4:51 pm

Less than that, probably round 120k. And I'm not saying they haven't fallen off, more so playing devil's advocate. They seem popular to me, but I'm not certain what constitutes popularity, so if people more in the know say they're falling off then I, like you, can't really argue against it. I definitely don't expect them to reach Em or Wu heights, but I don't really expect anyone to anymore.

Yeah, Wolf is dope, probably the best release from that camp so far. The production is a big step-up from Goblin. I'm looking forward to Earl's new album too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Has Odd Future fell off ?   Has Odd Future fell off ? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Apr 2013, 6:04 pm

Wolf is definitely better than most of their shit. That mixtape with the donut on it is the only thing that might be better.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Has Odd Future fell off ?   Has Odd Future fell off ? Icon_minitimeMon 29 Apr 2013, 10:55 pm

I can't really speak on whether they have fallen off because i think I was late to the party on OF anyway. I never really thought they were big, I just thought they were the latest craze for the wannabe counterculture kids.

I have heard a pretty decent amount of their material from the earliest stuff to now and to me, WOLF stands head and shoulders above the rest. It was the first really cohesive album I have heard from the camp. As Lundquist said, it is clearly the best overall production too, and I usually like their sound anyway. I don't think it will change anyone's mind that doesn't like Tyler or the camp, but if you were on the fence this album would prob sway you to their side.

And I think Earl's album prob has the most hype out of any of their previous releases.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Has Odd Future fell off ?   Has Odd Future fell off ? Icon_minitimeTue 30 Apr 2013, 10:34 am

The production was stepped up on Wolf huh? I may peep it then. To me that is what holds them back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has Odd Future fell off ?   Has Odd Future fell off ? Icon_minitimeWed 01 May 2013, 1:03 am

Only Odd Future albums I enjoy is Earl Sweatshirt's EARL and Domo Genesis & Alchemist's No Idols

Might check out this new album one day
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Has Odd Future fell off ?   Has Odd Future fell off ? Icon_minitimeWed 01 May 2013, 9:26 pm

Tic706 wrote:
The production was stepped up on Wolf huh? I may peep it then. To me that is what holds them back.

Kev, if you didn't like their beats before you may still not like WOLF. The style remains the same but it's better. You will still find the same detuned piano riffs and crazy synths but it sounds way more polished, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has Odd Future fell off ?   Has Odd Future fell off ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has Odd Future fell off ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: