Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Talib Kweli- Prisioner of Consciousness

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Talib Kweli- Prisioner of Consciousness Empty
PostSubject: Talib Kweli- Prisioner of Consciousness   Talib Kweli- Prisioner of Consciousness Icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2013, 9:34 pm

I found this album to be a bit lackluster. The first listen, couldn't keep my attention. I listened to it again and produced the same result. I figured the 3rd time around, I'll have to listen to it at home and read the lyrics. I haven't done it yet, so at the moment I give the album 2.5 stars. The beats were decent, but the lyrics weren't doing it for me. Has anybody purchased this album? What are your thoughts on it?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Talib Kweli- Prisioner of Consciousness   Talib Kweli- Prisioner of Consciousness Icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2013, 10:40 pm

I listened to it on Spotify. Boring. There's a lot of dope music this year, so a fail on the first spin just doesn't warrant further effort right now.

I've always been a fan of his, so I'm sure I'll revisit it eventually out of sheer loyalty.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Talib Kweli- Prisioner of Consciousness   Talib Kweli- Prisioner of Consciousness Icon_minitimeWed 29 May 2013, 10:51 am

Gutter Rainbows>>>>>> all his other albums including Train Of Thought
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Talib Kweli- Prisioner of Consciousness   Talib Kweli- Prisioner of Consciousness Icon_minitimeThu 30 May 2013, 11:34 pm

Dang! Trotter wrote:
Gutter Rainbows>>>>>> all his other albums including Train Of Thought

Well, that statement is just bold enough for me to revisit that album. I haven't felt any Kweli album since Ear Drum but now I feel like I should give Gutter Rainbows another shot.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Talib Kweli- Prisioner of Consciousness   Talib Kweli- Prisioner of Consciousness Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jun 2013, 12:30 pm

That statement clearly isn't true but Whatever.....lol    Is this Talib's greatest effort?  No, but when I hear folks saying that they would rather hear Nore's CD instead of this one and that this is boring, I ain't going for that.   I would say 3.5/4 after 2 spins.    I'll check this out again soon to make sure I'm not crazy....lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talib Kweli- Prisioner of Consciousness   Talib Kweli- Prisioner of Consciousness Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Talib Kweli- Prisioner of Consciousness
Page 1 of 1