Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kanye West- Yeezus

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Kanye West- Yeezus Empty
PostSubject: Kanye West- Yeezus   Kanye West- Yeezus Icon_minitimeTue 18 Jun 2013, 7:18 pm

I just finished listening to the album, and a lot of it is lol. He made me laugh when he said 'I speak swag=hili". I was hoping the album had more substance to it. He mostly brags about "bitches" and riches. If I wanted to hear that from him, I would have bought a JayZ cd. The beats are definitely on some next level strange ish, so I can respect the production. I also found it interesting that "I Am A God" received complaints based on the title alone. He basically said a lot of the things that other rappers would say, and being a celebrity will give a person a god complex. Why is it that when Kanye says it, all of a sudden, he's a spoiled douchebag? People are definitely playing favorites when it comes to Kanye in general. I was hoping for his album to be something you sit down and give it your undivided attention to. I wanted this album to have depth and substance. Some of it does (3 songs) but the rest doesn't do it for me. Maybe it's because there are too many bitches and p*ssies sprinkled throughout the album. It gives me the idea that he may be over compensating a bit. I'm glad I streamed it first.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Kanye West- Yeezus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye West- Yeezus   Kanye West- Yeezus Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jun 2013, 12:35 pm

Good points Scott. I agree, even though I caught that slight at Jay. I have it a a 3.5 maybe 3.75 pushing it.
Back to top Go down

Kanye West- Yeezus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye West- Yeezus   Kanye West- Yeezus Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jun 2013, 8:35 pm

Also it seems he was trying too hard on a lot of the album, most notably the songs about sex. I don't think calling women bitches and talking about "fuckin'" is really his thing. I'm sad that he didn't even write Black Skinhead. Originally I was going to buy it blind. I'm glad I didn't. I would have gotten upset with the purchase and I would have tried to sell it on Amazon, or get store credit from my local music shop.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

Kanye West- Yeezus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye West- Yeezus   Kanye West- Yeezus Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jun 2013, 9:35 pm

I'm kinda bummed he didn't write Black Skinhead too, but I'm not too mad it. I'm sure he played a role in the creative process for it, and neither Lupe nor Cyhi could have come close to pulling that song off if they performed. Overall I'm just glad it exists I guess, its a great track.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

Kanye West- Yeezus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye West- Yeezus   Kanye West- Yeezus Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jun 2013, 12:26 pm

I'll revisit this again this week.   It won't get any money from me though.   808s is the only Kanye coaster that I want to own.   I don't like the lyrical content, the beats and there is no replay value, IMO. 0 for 3 in those 3 categories.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kanye West- Yeezus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kanye West- Yeezus   Kanye West- Yeezus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kanye West- Yeezus
Page 1 of 1