Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who was Baatin?

Go down 
+2
Dang! Trotter
Jason
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Who was Baatin? Empty
PostSubject: Who was Baatin?   Who was Baatin? Icon_minitimeMon 03 Aug 2009, 4:07 pm

RIP.

Not trying to bring down a man's reputation after death, but who was Baatin? Was he a dope rhymer? As good as Elzhi? My attempt to peep slum village was spoiled by them only sending me the DVD of a CD/DVD I ordered a few years back and since then I never really peeped them. Where to start?
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

Who was Baatin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who was Baatin?   Who was Baatin? Icon_minitimeMon 03 Aug 2009, 4:40 pm

No, he wasn't that good. None of the original SV members were better than average on the mic, Dilla's production was the centerpiece. All they had to do was not fuck up bad enough to ruin it. Basically just keep a certain vibe, and they can be entertaining in a certain way. If you know you like Elzhi, I'd start with Slum Village's self-titled album from '05. Go back to Fantastic, Vols. 1 & 2 for Dilla's production.
Back to top Go down

Who was Baatin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who was Baatin?   Who was Baatin? Icon_minitimeMon 03 Aug 2009, 4:55 pm

I can't get into to them..to me they just part of the crowd.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Who was Baatin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who was Baatin?   Who was Baatin? Icon_minitimeMon 03 Aug 2009, 7:56 pm

I never felt Slum Village at all. I also never felt J Dilla's beats. Well, he never was a stand out producer. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

Who was Baatin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who was Baatin?   Who was Baatin? Icon_minitimeMon 03 Aug 2009, 9:11 pm

I enjoyed Fantastic Vol. 2 & Detroit Deli. But lyrically Elzhi is my favorite. Dilla was nice behind the boards.
Back to top Go down

Who was Baatin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who was Baatin?   Who was Baatin? Icon_minitimeMon 03 Aug 2009, 10:15 pm

I liked Baatin. He wasn't better than Elzhi but he was dope IMO. His death is a bad loss for hip-hop.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Who was Baatin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who was Baatin?   Who was Baatin? Icon_minitimeMon 03 Aug 2009, 11:03 pm

Baatin had a cool voice imo, he was a pretty good mc but its said to see another from Detorit go...Dilla, Proof, Baatin, Bugz, when will it end?

and also, i think T3 and Baatin (and Elzhi) were good MC's for Slum Village. They had smooth laid back flows that went well with Dilla's beats. You should check out their discog in order IMO, there pretty solid albums good for chillin to
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Who was Baatin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who was Baatin?   Who was Baatin? Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 2:29 pm

"Baatin had a cool voice imo, he was a pretty good mc but its said to see another from Detorit go...Dilla, Proof, Baatin, Bugz, when will it end? "

Blade Icewood, too
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Who was Baatin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who was Baatin?   Who was Baatin? Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 6:18 pm

Shaun wrote:
"Baatin had a cool voice imo, he was a pretty good mc but its said to see another from Detorit go...Dilla, Proof, Baatin, Bugz, when will it end? "

Blade Icewood, too

forgot about that i have one of his albums somewhere gotta find that give it a spin its been a while

did u ever listen to the East Side Chedda Boyz?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Who was Baatin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who was Baatin?   Who was Baatin? Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 7:54 pm

I've never heard a Blade Icewood album, or song for that matter, lol. Is it any good?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Who was Baatin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who was Baatin?   Who was Baatin? Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 8:15 pm

lol Blade Icewood was pretty cool i havent spun his album in forever though, the Eastside Chedda Boyz are another group from Detroit i dont think there still makin new stuff....they werent that good really but they had a couple decent songs. i only asked cuz ive seen them open for someone before a loooong time ago and i thnk Blade was there too

this song is pretty dope
Blade Icewood - All to You
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6kXclY8zTM

he did a few songs with Royce before

Last edited by Slang Editorial on Tue 04 Aug 2009, 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Who was Baatin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who was Baatin?   Who was Baatin? Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 8:18 pm

Oh yeah, I've heard the Eastside Chedda Boyz. Not Blade solo, though. I'll check that link out
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Who was Baatin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who was Baatin?   Who was Baatin? Icon_minitimeTue 04 Aug 2009, 8:21 pm

i found the Blade CD i have and am listening now lol
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

Who was Baatin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who was Baatin?   Who was Baatin? Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009, 9:17 pm

You guys are sleeping on Baatin? And for Jason to say he wasn't good? GTFOH!!!! That dude was your rapper's favorite rapper. He could manipulate his voice to sound anyway he wanted on the mic and still deliver.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Who was Baatin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who was Baatin?   Who was Baatin? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who was Baatin?
Page 1 of 1