Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop

Go down 
+4
Laced With Slang
Esco
Norfeest
Shaun
8 posters
AuthorMessage

N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Empty
PostSubject: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 12:40 pm

No one's on so I'm blogging, deal with it.

The problem with the current state of hip hop isn't that it's "dead", it's that every one is proclaiming it is. Think about this: if hip hop is urban/poor/ethnic america's voice in popular culture, then when hip hop does that voice goes with it. Right now, maybe that voice isn't really speaking on the ills of the culture the ways it once did. I'm not here to argue that. I'm here to argue the ill effects of pioneers of this culture proclaiming it's death. When people like Nas, Ghostface Killah, and KRS One publically discuss the impending (or recent, depending on the mc's view) death, they're sending a very bad message to the public. One: that the voice of urban culture is dead or dying, and basically there's nothing our youth can do to resuscitate their position in having a urgently necessary media outlet to discuss the injustices hoping to draw some attention and (MAYBE) change some things in their neighborhood. Two: that any hopes, dreams, aspirations, etc. of doing anything to alleviate said concerns about their cultures appearance in the popular culture are moot. In siding with corporate america's views that hip hop culture was just a fad and can dissapear because of a few medicore years in music, these forefathers are taking a very dangerouse stance on what their culture's place in America. After all the things Wu Tang, Nas, and especially KRS One has preached in media outlets over the 30 years since hip hop debuted we should expect more then a hasty surrender in the face of adversity.

Face facts: what are these "death of hip hop" proclamations accomplishing? Who are they benefitting? What are they doing other than sending a contradicting message to the public and downing what's already a wounded culture? Recently artists have gained mainstream acceptance as hip hop as become decidedly less "scary" to radio, MTV, etc. Finally, the acceptance hip hop longed for has been gained, but at the cost of it's potency and it's initial purpose. Granted, hip hop has always wanted to party, but it's also never minced words or mixed it's messages, something ALL artists these days are far too content to do. Basically, the point here is that the video plays, the radio spins, all of it means nothing if artists aren't saying something. And the artists that know better, the ones that worked so hard to get to where hip hop is at now, are seemingly set on broadcasting the news of hip hop's early death instead of taking center stage and working within the new culture to get their messages heard. Maybe The Teacha should stick to teaching instead of trying to play coroner, it's do us all some good.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 1:26 pm

Whatever you say, M. Smith. With your blogs...
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 3:34 pm

Just out of curiosity, why do you care what Ghostface, Nas, or KRS think? From a musical standpoint, you have two options...listen or don't. At the end of the day, most people that were listening to hip hop when individuality was at its peak probably aren't going to dig all of the "follow the leader" behavior being exhibited today, but that doesn't make hip hop dead. That being said, kids aren't the only ones buying albums either. I think the lack of balance on the airwaves and TV stations is what have a lot of older heads turning their noses up at what they're hearing. That and the lack of creativity being displayed.

I think the creativity drop off is a hard thing not to acknowledge. Sure, there are creative acts out there, but they are no longer the majority...

If you were around when it started, saw the potential it held, witnessed its explosion, saw the rawness and unstoppable marketability of it, and then saw it all erased, replaced, and controlled by record labels...you'd be a little disgruntled if the outlets you utilized were ignoring any talent and putting on Soulja Boy and other similar wackness too.

But you weren't, so, to you it just comes off as people complaining or being salty...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 5:02 pm

Word^^^^^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 5:19 pm

Word X 2
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 5:19 pm

Sentence
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 5:25 pm

paragraph
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 6:38 pm

penis
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 6:44 pm

gay
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 8:09 pm

i kind of cosign nero and kind of co-sign Norf. Basically i think its annoying when rappers try to claim their doing "real hip hop" in every song they make and diss everything else. But its good to see someone like Nas speak out against the lack of creativity in hip hop and proclaiming it dead. Its just some mof his actions before and since then have been questionable and like it was mentioned in the other thread, hypocritical
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 10:04 pm

Co-SIGNAGE to Norf 1 billion percent

Slang and N3RO and Jason and Pounds and many others on here can never understand the pain we feel about the music we love so much because they can't relate to seeing it grow up and become an adult...they met it when it was already grown, so their love won't be the same as it would've if they saw it when it was a baby or a toddler...it's just an example of course but it makes sense here, which explains why the younger heads think hip-hop is more complex or has "evolved" and become stronger and better than ever, they think this bullshit going on right now is complete FIRE, and why would they think anything different if they weren't listening when Rakim was being played in the middle of the day along with Michael Jackson and Madonna as an example...hip-hop was at it's most diverse time period, it's most creative time period, it had the attention of the world then...it was the most fascinating music out at the time...now it's a shell of it's former self...NOT DEAD but a shell of it's former self..kinda like if Tyson was still boxing now, if you saw Tyson in '88 he was a fuckin MONSTER...but if you saw him boxing now at 45 you would find it hard to believe he was really that good, but he really was that good, you just had to have been lucky enough and blessed to have seen him then..it's the samething with hip-hop

listening to the "old" school now will give you an idea of the climate then but nothing will be the same as "being there" when it was exploding and going through it's different phases..

again Norf I feel ya dawg and agree 1 billion percent man...well said my dude!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 10:25 pm

Word again!!

Man just the feeling of rushing home from school to catch Rap City to see what videos they were going to show because you did not see a lot of same videos everyday. That was hip hop man, seeing some cat you never even heard of with his version of hip hop displayed in front of you. I miss that fa real.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 10:58 pm

Obviously either you didn't read any my post, or just flat out don't care what I'm saying.

The reason I care is as I stated. It's not all that great to keep hearing from the people that helped start a culture proclaim it's death prematurely. I gave plenty of valid reasons why it bothers me. All you guys have said is "you're too young to understand". Clearly I have a degree of understanding if you read my post.

There's a HUGE difference between saying "hip hop in popular culture has become creatively stagnant" and "hip hop is dead". Granted, the second one is catchier, but it's also a slap in the face to the founders' own legacies as well as the hard working mc's that follow in dudes' footsteps. You guys aren't even acknowledging any of the ill effects I'm speaking of in terms of hip hop as a CULTURE.

It's like this: I have a child. I take care of my son while he's young and eventually he grows up and becomes an adult. At which point, he's responsible for himself. Let's say he doesn't make decisions I agree with but he's still successful. I can either try to help him along and advise him to make wiser decisions and still set an example myself, or I can disown him and speak ill of him publically. I saw the potential in him as a child, helped raise him, and now he's not doing what I wish. It's a valid example.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 11:07 pm

lol Powell i agreed with u in the other thread about creativity declining, dont throw my name around like i said the opposite
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 11:09 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Word again!!

Man just the feeling of rushing home from school to catch Rap City to see what videos they were going to show because you did not see a lot of same videos everyday. That was hip hop man, seeing some cat you never even heard of with his version of hip hop displayed in front of you. I miss that fa real.

Kev, don't you get that same feeling when you cop an album and giving it a spin for the first time, isn't that hip hop too man?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 11:18 pm

wrote:
KRob86 wrote:
Word again!!

Kev, don't you get that same feeling when you cop an album and giving it a spin for the first time, isn't that hip hop too man?

Of course, I was just sharing one of the million experiences I luv about hip hop.

Jeff I feel what you are saying because it is a loaded statment to proclaim HHID but I think when most say this it is really reverse psychology. And believe me it has worked to some degree and made certain young/newer rappers want to step it up. Maybe it does need to be killed and later resurrected.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 11:27 pm

What? You really think that's right? Giving up? Shaking My Head

If anybody was paying attention, that post is about CULTURE, not MUSIC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 11:35 pm

Well the hip hop culture as a whole is in betta shape than the music, I can see that. But Jeff the music is like 90% focal point of the culture so that always seems to be the first thing to come to mind. No matter how much I hear HHID though I still support it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 11:40 pm

But that's my whole point, the culture IS doing better than the music and that's worth celebrating. Instead I see these guys that should be ecstatic about being regarded as founders of a movement sitting, crying, and bitching about what the next generation is doing to fuck up their legacy instead of doing something with the new podium they've been given. That's what I'm saying.

I'm not saying they don't have the right, I'm not saying I don't understand. I'm saying I expect better and if the situation was reversed they'd be pissed off too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 11:47 pm

Thats also the prob though Jeff who is giving or opening the door for these pioneers to be heard on a wider scale? I mean no one is checking on them except VH1 who I give mad props to for even taking the time to recognize. It's real bad on the east coast because the newer generation don't fuck with the pioneers of their coast like the south and west does. You rarely see Cube, Snoop, Bun B, Big Boi, or Cee Lo complaining because they still can get on 106 and park because they may be on one of these youngstas new shit.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 11:49 pm

alright its fucking simple, all these old cats just need to stop criticizing and just put in work to move out of the slump. Don't complain just help get it back to what it used to be, by putting more emphasis on MC'ing and trying to get rid of the bubblegum rap. As for legends complaining about their legacy being destroyed that's dumb, they've already established their position and it can't be tarnished, don't see what they're yapping about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSat 08 Aug 2009, 11:53 pm

Esco if the pioneers put in this "work" you just said who's going to push it to that other level? I mean think about your own peers how many of them are going to buy or check for the next Sticky Fingas album? Or KRS album? Without radio spins and video play to the average listener you are nobody.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 12:05 am

KRob86 wrote:
Esco if the pioneers put in this "work" you just said who's going to push it to that other level? I mean think about your own peers how many of them are going to buy or check for the next Sticky Fingas album? Or KRS album? Without radio spins and video play to the average listener you are nobody.

Oh sorry I meant to elaborate, they should work with artists that everyone else is listening too. This isn't actually that hard to do. What kids my age like, are cool dancing beats, so give them that, but throw Krs or Nas or Slick Rick on a track with real lyrics and have T-Pain on the hook. I mean, even TPain would try and step up his game if he was on the same track with any of those. They just have to, in the words of Luda, do it for hip hop. I mean as much as I hate soulja boi, if him and Preemo worked together and he soulja boi came proper with the lyrics wouldn't that be ok?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 12:15 am

I feel you esco but you know as well as I do y'all will be calling them sell outs then. Damned if they do....you know the rest. But that is a start and the west and south pioneers have been doing that for years.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 12:32 am

KRob86 wrote:
I feel you esco but you know as well as I do y'all will be calling them sell outs then. Damned if they do....you know the rest. But that is a start and the west and south pioneers have been doing that for years.

Exactly, Bun B jumps onto a track with almost any southern rapper, regardless if they're wack or not. Don't see why the NYC rappers won't do it
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 1:38 am

Esco wrote:
KRob86 wrote:

Oh sorry I meant to elaborate, they should work with artists that everyone else is listening too. This isn't actually that hard to do. What kids my age like, are cool dancing beats, so give them that, but throw Krs or Nas or Slick Rick on a track with real lyrics and have T-Pain on the hook. I mean, even TPain would try and step up his game if he was on the same track with any of those. They just have to, in the words of Luda, do it for hip hop. I mean as much as I hate soulja boi, if him and Preemo worked together and he soulja boi came proper with the lyrics wouldn't that be ok?

soulja boi and preemo.....i might throw up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 3:51 am

Just ignore these old grumpy eeyores around here who don't know shit but to complain and call it cool because their old.

This is all this is. Old fucks who feel entitled. Bitch and moan about shit other people do and then turn around and do the same exact shit.

Kev is just a typing contradiction and a joke.

Norf loves to contradict himself at every step. He throws a pussyfit when you read the implications in his vague ass comments - don't assume he says - and then he comes around and assumes everything about others. People's intentions being the most common. He drops his "opinion" but then lays it down as fact.

And powell, kev, and norf are all hypocritical idiots. Apparently only they can bitch and moan because their a little older and some how others didn't live a certain time period, bla bla bla. So they jump on N3ro, a kid who in relative terms has been listening to hip-hop as much as anyone on this forum, then they turn around and bitch and moan.

Don't know why people even bother with their bullshit.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 9:01 am

Esco wrote:
alright its fucking simple, all these old cats just need to stop criticizing and just put in work to move out of the slump. Don't complain just help get it back to what it used to be, by putting more emphasis on MC'ing and trying to get rid of the bubblegum rap. As for legends complaining about their legacy being destroyed that's dumb, they've already established their position and it can't be tarnished, don't see what they're yapping about.

Hey Esco why can't the younger cats put in some fuckin work man?? why do they continue to not honor the craft and disrespect it so much? I mean they are the reasons why we are even having this discussion right?? not the LEGENDS, but these newer cats who think what they are writing is ILL..lol..who think that their beats are really better than before..lol

Who are the stubborn little fuckheads with their heads up their respective booties man, let's not blame the LEGENDS my dude, they've created more than enough dopeness for these little idiots to learn from man, they've given more than enough examples of what dope should sound like, these younger ones are missing the point and in turn keeping the music and the culture as a whole DOWN!
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 9:04 am

I think they've mostly been preaching to the choir anyway, their own bitter ass fans who already thought Hip-Hop had become almost all shitty. I doubt they've had a big effect in convincing anyone who wasn't already shitting on modern Hip-Hop that it's dead or dying. But perhaps if they had taken the opposite tact they could have done something positive, to bridge the gap between different camps.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 9:17 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Just ignore these old grumpy eeyores around here who don't know shit but to complain and call it cool because their old.

This is all this is. Old fucks who feel entitled. Bitch and moan about shit other people do and then turn around and do the same exact shit.

Kev is just a typing contradiction and a joke.

Norf loves to contradict himself at every step. He throws a pussyfit when you read the implications in his vague ass comments - don't assume he says - and then he comes around and assumes everything about others. People's intentions being the most common. He drops his "opinion" but then lays it down as fact.

And powell, kev, and norf are all hypocritical idiots. Apparently only they can bitch and moan because their a little older and some how others didn't live a certain time period, bla bla bla. So they jump on N3ro, a kid who in relative terms has been listening to hip-hop as much as anyone on this forum, then they turn around and bitch and moan.

NO ONE on this forum is as hypocritical as you SRP.....real talk

this is the same idiot who on his amazon profile says he's from Boogie Down Texas which is an obvious reference to the past and the creators of the art form he claims he loves so much yet all I ever see this vagina do is down not only most of the east coast constantly, and the "old" school but also he continues to hate on one the Bronx's biggest representers KRS-One....you fake lil fruitcake, take that shit out of your profile man

Acknowledge your TEX-ASS roots and call that shit a day

your musical tastes since I have come on this forum have been fuckin HORRIBLE, and of course this is my opinion and I'm speaking for myself...your the same Beavis like character that said the best time in hip-hop culture has occurred after the year 2000 and I had to kill you when you said that too...your not only hypocritical but clueless as well, again this shit is a fact to me but it's my opinion as well, so don't get it twisted SRP

this is not to anyone else on this forum but your cactus eating ass...this is between myself and you...I honestly feel that you don't really understand this music nor culture completely by the idiotic shit you write on a daily basis, I've said this before that you just want to be "different" for the sake of being "different" there is no method to your plan, just a dude sitting in front of his computer, eating oreos, and trying to think about what new chaos you can create on the forum that particular day, like sweating KJ on a constant basis like your his bitch or something....THAT'S GAY my dude and although your not the only one who does it your the MAIN ONE and you do that shit with everyone...you live to create chaos on the hip-hop forum every single day, what kind of life is that?? you need a woman in your life man, some kids, a hobby, A JOB, a career, to go to school, anything that gives your life more meaning than trying to see how much drama you can create on a hip-hop forum....REAL TALK

And don't say I don't know you because your right I don't...I only know that BULLSHIT you type on here every single day and it's given me an idea of how you are as a person unless your just fuckin around which would then mean YOUR A FAKE..which one is it SRP, are you a fake?? or just a hip-hop forum chaos creator?? lol

Last edited by D.Powell on Sun 09 Aug 2009, 9:28 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 9:21 am

Jason wrote:
I think they've mostly been preaching to the choir anyway, their own bitter ass fans who already thought Hip-Hop had become almost all shitty. I doubt they've had a big effect in convincing anyone who wasn't already shitting on modern Hip-Hop that it's dead or dying. But perhaps if they had taken the opposite tact they could have done something positive, to bridge the gap between different camps.

Jason no one is trying to change your limited mind in terms of the FULL scope of hip-hop man...you aren't really capable of understanding anyway

Like I said before you are one of the ones who honestly believe this modern hip-hop is FIRE...I mean you mentioned Gift Of Gab in the same sentence as Nas before...that says everything I need to know from you man..it's pretty clear now

And for the record I don't think hip-hop is dead at all, it's just a shell of it's former self, it's still alive but it's just not as good as it once was...plain and simple!
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 9:25 am

D.Powell wrote:
Slang and N3RO and Jason and Pounds and many others on here can never understand the pain we feel about the music we love so much because they can't relate to seeing it grow up and become an adult

Not even sure why you added my name here, but if it makes you feel better...

And I have experienced this with rock (grunge/alternative/punk) music. The golden age (late 80s - early 90s) was a golden time for rock too. That genre is also arguably dying. Which is why I rarely listen to it anymore. And it is fucking sad.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 9:29 am

Powell, yours is the mind that is limited, you're locked into one time frame and one point of reference. You can't see shit outside of it. I much prefer where I am, thank you.

I'm able to appreciate, enjoy, and respect the same things you can, and I'm not caught up in not being able to do it the same way you do, because apparently that would mean living with a stick up my ass about everything not being the same as I want it to be.

The only modern Hip-Hop you give a real chance is the stuff that is a shell of its former self, second-rate rehashing of past styles, like Little Brother makes. Meanwhile I'm fully able to enjoy all the great music I hear, and not be caught up about what I don't like. Why would I want to see it from your perspective, when you're the one bitter and upset?
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 9:37 am

Jason wrote:
Powell, yours is the mind that is limited, you're locked into one time frame and one point of reference. You can't see shit outside of it. I much prefer where I am, thank you.

I'm able to appreciate, enjoy, and respect the same things you can, and I'm caught up in not being able to do it the same way you do, because apparently that would mean living with a stick up my ass about everything not being the same as I want it to be.

The only modern Hip-Hop you give a real chance is the stuff that is a shell of its former self, second-rate rehashing of past styles, like Little Brother makes. Meanwhile I'm fully able to enjoy all the great music I hear, and not be caught up about what I don't like. Why would I want to see it from your perspective, when you're the one bitter and upset?

Like I said "Silver Jews" you can't relate to what I'm saying and your not even funny so don't go there Jason...lol

I'm referencing the greatest time period in the history of hip-hop music man....unless you know of a better time period?? let's hear it Jason?? rec me some music from the "better or greater" time period man??

that's what I thought so shut the FUCK UP!! the truth shall set your dumb ass free lil man!
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 9:41 am

D.Powell wrote:
Jason wrote:

I'm able to appreciate, enjoy, and respect the same things you can, and I'm caught up in not being able to do it the same way you do, because apparently that would mean living with a stick up my ass about everything not being the same as I want it to be.

Like I said "Silver Jews" you can't relate to what I'm saying and your not even funny so don't go there Jason...lol

I'm referencing the greatest time period in the history of hip-hop music man....unless you know of a better time period?? let's hear it Jason?? rec me some music from the "better or greater" time period man??

that's what I thought so shut the FUCK UP!! the truth shall set your dumb ass free lil man!

And like I said, I'm glad I can't relate to what you're saying. You're the one caught up in trying to stack different eras against one another, not me. I never said this time period was better than that. What's the point of that? And why would I want your mentality? You can't relate to what I'm saying either, but you don't consider any perspective other than you own worth anything anyway. That's why you harp on the stupidest shit, like me listening to the Silver Jews or Gift of Gab, like that's supposed to mean something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 9:46 am

Powell is saying the garbage you hype up and love nowadays is the death knell of hiphop...and you act like it's jesus on the mic.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 9:46 am

Steve wrote:
Powell is saying the garbage you hype up and love nowadays is the death knell of hiphop...and you act like it's jesus on the mic.

Thanks, though I didn't need the translation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 9:48 am

Apparently you do dumb ass, since you still obstinately stick to your line of thought.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 9:50 am

Steve wrote:
Apparently you do dumb ass, since you still obstinately stick to your line of thought.

What do you expect to happen? Me to roll over and agree with him, disavow everything I've thought and said about Hip-Hop? I understand what he's saying, I just think it's bullshit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 9:55 am

SRP please show/tell me where i'm so contradictive?

And Powell I agree with your post when you were saying SRP lives just to create chaos on a internet forum. How fucking lame is that? I mean SRP you joke so much I don't even think people pay attention to you when you are actually making sense.

And to all the younger cats out there I hope you know and can tell I still support hip hop and I check for a good amount of the new artists you recommend. I also relaize that hip hop is thriving good underground and mid stream. Just wanted to get that out there before I am judged for two words or one sentence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 12:36 pm

Powell,
It's all about respecting people's opinion and you don't. Others don't either and when that happens I don't respect y'all or show respect. KJ is just easily aggravated so that's why he gets jabs thrown at him, but he's the one who turns the jabs into wars. You make it painfully obvious you have a hard time respecting other people's opinions through your posts and you obviously do not want a diversity of opinions on a forum. I don't expect you to change. That's all I have to say to you.

Kev,
It's simple man. You complain about one thing and then turn around and do it or support it. You try to call someone lame for e-thuggin, and then you appluad Rae for a bitch move and put down Joe instead. Or you talk shit about me and steve and not fighting? That's e-thuggin at it's best. You try to call terry out for not checking steve, but then you cosign bullshit and worst from your own e-friends. That's my problem with you. You were straight in my book until you turned into this walking contradiction.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 2:30 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

I'm not even sure why you're all on my sack. I wasn't complaining at all. Also, I haven't said anything to you to begin with.

How about you worry about what SRP loves to do instead of what Norf loves to do? You're acting like a schoolgirl right now.

Everything I say is my opinion. For some reason, you're the only one not cognizant of that. If it's a fact, I will back it up with facts. That's the case with most people.

The only idiot here is you. You won't get what I'm trying to say, though, because you're too busy trying to be combative. Nero is a grown fucking man. He had a problem with my post and he said so. I hadn't even reacted to it yet, but the point is he can (and does) speak for himself. Quit being a cum guzzling cheerleader, get Nero's dick off your tongue, and stay in your fucking place. Me having a problem with Nero (which I don't) has nothing to do with you. Unlike you, Nero and I can have a misunderstanding/disagreement and still remain cordial. He will tell you the same, I'm sure.

Fuck off...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 3:51 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Esco wrote:

Hey Esco why can't the younger cats put in some fuckin work man?? why do they continue to not honor the craft and disrespect it so much? I mean they are the reasons why we are even having this discussion right?? not the LEGENDS, but these newer cats who think what they are writing is ILL..lol..who think that their beats are really better than before..lol

Who are the stubborn little fuckheads with their heads up their respective booties man, let's not blame the LEGENDS my dude, they've created more than enough dopeness for these little idiots to learn from man, they've given more than enough examples of what dope should sound like, these younger ones are missing the point and in turn keeping the music and the culture as a whole DOWN!

Powell,I didn't say they can't put in work, this thread is about how the older guys are complaining about the state of hip hop, instead of doing something positive for it, and I suggested what they could do instead of complain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeSun 09 Aug 2009, 4:13 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

I'm not even sure why you're all on my sack. I wasn't complaining at all. Also, I haven't said anything to you to begin with.

How about you worry about what SRP loves to do instead of what Norf loves to do? You're acting like a schoolgirl right now.

Everything I say is my opinion. For some reason, you're the only one not cognizant of that. If it's a fact, I will back it up with facts. That's the case with most people.

The only idiot here is you. You won't get what I'm trying to say, though, because you're too busy trying to be combative. Nero is a grown fucking man. He had a problem with my post and he said so. I hadn't even reacted to it yet, but the point is he can (and does) speak for himself. Quit being a cum guzzling cheerleader, get Nero's dick off your tongue, and stay in your fucking place. Me having a problem with Nero (which I don't) has nothing to do with you. Unlike you, Nero and I can have a misunderstanding/disagreement and still remain cordial. He will tell you the same, I'm sure.

Fuck off...

Stay in my place Norf? What are you gonna do if I don't stay where you think I should? Nothing, e-thuggin wanna be at its best.

Throw names and insults all you want, your bullshit doesn't affect me so I don't stoop to your low level.

It's bullshit like making assumptions about people and calling names and trying to appeal to "e-motion" like you do that makes this forum so combative at times. Of course you can't see it because your so full of yourself, but it's all good. Your existence and bullshit doesn't bother me, just like to call it out when you take it too far and obviously it hit a nerve since you had a diatribe in you to respond.
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2009, 8:08 pm

I think all of these older emcees have a sort of responsibility to pass on thier legacy through education. That is, instead of bitching about how the way things used to be and proclaiming the death of hip hop, these old kats need to educate the Soulja Boys and Young Jeezy's of the game about the culture and what "real" hip hop is and how to implement it into thier craft. These old kats paved the way for these youngins, and they should do a better job keeping them on track. I know it's hard to escape the lure of cash man, but I believe having respect of the people sells albums just as well. Don't these young kats know that once they are gone, they will be forgotten, with no legacy to pass on to the next generation? If hip hop continues down THAT road, it will truely die man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop   N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

N3R0's Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip Hop
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Topic of the Day-
Jump to: