Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Headphones/Earphones

Go down 
+3
Half
Esco
Jason
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

Headphones/Earphones Empty
PostSubject: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 6:06 pm

Just curious, what do people have, and how good are they? I have Denon C751's & D1001's, along with Grado SR-60's. I'm thinking of going up to the next tier, I have Ultrasone HFI-780's in mind right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 6:17 pm

headphones are for whites. get a system.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 6:19 pm

I use cheap ones for most of my listening

Sony Studio ones for good sound. They cost me like 70 like 7 years ago and still sound as good and work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 7:24 pm

Steve wrote:

Well Jason IS White, and people use headphones for iPod's.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 7:31 pm

Umm I use the Skull Candy Ink'd headphone. Noise canceling, loud, and last a long time for only being 10 bucks. Best luck I've had with headphones.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 7:36 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Steve wrote:

Well Jason IS White, and people use headphones for iPod's.

I'm not white.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 8:12 pm

Well up till today I was using sennheiser px100s, which have great sound quality. Unfortunately they also have a straight jack, and after about 11 months of running with them, the cords began to fray at the connector and come loose, causing me to lose sound in the right channel. I just bought some Koss PortaPros from amazon. They have an l or elbow jack, so hopefully they will work out. Look really strange though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 8:14 pm

Happy Birthday!
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 8:14 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Happy Birthday!

Lol thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 8:16 pm

My Sony's have a straight jack by the way

Used them to DJ for 3 years - grabbed them by the cord - dropped them - used them as a laptop phones - placed the weight of the laptop on the jack for hours by accident - etc. etc. etc. - not a problem.

Used to have koss though years ago - liked the sound.. let me know how those portapros hold up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 8:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

these are the ones I have.. built like a tank, bulky though...
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 8:20 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Those look like professional headphones, and the jack looks like it could handle some wear and tear. Here are the sennheiser headphones I had, big difference in the jacks:

Of course, they were cheap too.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 8:22 pm

I doubt i could run a lot in those Sony ones, but they look nice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 8:25 pm

I have some cheap behind the back panasonic headphones for running
they have reflectors so cars will see a line on the back of my head as they hit me.

I've never had much luck with collapsible headphones. Something about making them to fold up makes them frail. The koss were somewhat collapsable. Loved the sound, but they didn't hold up. The worst were some Titanium ones I bought at Radio Shack twice. They sounded great, but around a month after warranty the sound would always go out on one side...smh.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 8:27 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I have some cheap behind the back panasonic headphones for running
they have reflectors so cars will see a line on the back of my head as they hit me.

Haha
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 8:27 pm

Damn i messed up that quote, wtf
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 8:30 pm

Fixed, you were missing a [/ in front of the quote] at the end.
Back to top Go down
Jason
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 9:12 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

I looked at those before I got the Grado's, but I didn't need a closed design.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 9:18 pm

Esco wrote:
Umm I use the Skull Candy Ink'd headphone. Noise canceling, loud, and last a long time for only being 10 bucks. Best luck I've had with headphones.

I'm surprised by this. I copped some SkullCandy's and I think I got a good month out of them before I lstarted losing signal in the right ear. They were easily the cheapest pieces of crap I've ever used.

Like SRP, I usually use cheap Sony's. I bought a pair from K-Mart for $19 and they've lasted for a year and a half so far...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 9:35 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
Esco wrote:

I'm surprised by this. I copped some SkullCandy's and I think I got a good month out of them before I lstarted losing signal in the right ear. They were easily the cheapest pieces of crap I've ever used.

Like SRP, I usually use cheap Sony's. I bought a pair from K-Mart for $19 and they've lasted for a year and a half so far...

That only happened to me with one pair, and I think they were just poorly made. After about 2 weeks they feel apart. But aside from that I've had 2 pairs last me about 5-6 months and then the most recent I've had for about 10-11, last week I lost the sound in one side.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 10:03 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
Esco wrote:

The sonys srp has aren't what I'd call cheap....
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2009, 2:51 am

My friend has Dre Beats so I steal them
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2009, 11:21 am

AFutureWithoutAPast wrote:
The sonys srp has aren't what I'd call cheap....

Oops. Terrible job clarifying on my part, man. I have Sony's, but mine are cheap. lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] are what I use for my PC and my iPod. They're surprisingly durable and the quality of sound is actually pretty good. Obviously, higher end 'phones will sound better, I'd assume, but these sound great. It's a great value for the price. Like I mentioned before, I'm at a year and a half with 'em and I haven't run into a problem yet.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2009, 6:09 pm

Got some Sony "sport style" headphones (I think)...they go around the back of your neck and barely move when used outdoors. Great for yard work....which is all I ever use them for. About $50 and 10 years old. They sound very nice for what they are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2009, 6:24 pm

I have sennheisen ear buds for my mp3 player. They've worked very well, especially for $35.00.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009, 10:41 am

The Real Real Jeru wrote:
My Sony's have a straight jack by the way

Used them to DJ for 3 years - grabbed them by the cord - dropped them - used them as a laptop phones - placed the weight of the laptop on the jack for hours by accident - etc. etc. etc. - not a problem.

Used to have koss though years ago - liked the sound.. let me know how those portapros hold up

A few weeks and they are working fine so far. Slightly less impressive sound wise when compared to the Sennheisers I had but they seem like they can hold up for at least a year or so.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009, 10:48 am

since Halfy decided to revive this... got myself a pair of $50 Skully Candy Hesh. A bit bulky but god damn is that sound quality great.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 10:47 am

Reviving this again to update SRP on how the PortaPros held up. Early in my freshman year I fell off of my bunk (I lived in a quad and I had top bunk). Can't remember why. Probably drunk. Anyway I was wearing the headphones. The right headphone broke into many pieces. I was really disappointed, and in my desperation I went to a RadioShack and bought a very expensive pair of Sony noise canceling headphones. They certainly canceled noise, but the sound quality was awful. Also, they constantly needed batteries to noise cancel. Gay. A big mistake on my part. Anyway, a few months later I got some Sennheiser PMX 60's for 30 bucks. Amazing sound quality. Pretty fucking dope for the price. I highly recommend them.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 1:43 pm

Half wrote:
Reviving this again to update SRP on how the PortaPros held up. Early in my freshman year I fell off of my bunk (I lived in a quad and I had top bunk). Can't remember why. Probably drunk. Anyway I was wearing the headphones. The right headphone broke into many pieces. I was really disappointed, and in my desperation I went to a RadioShack and bought a very expensive pair of Sony noise canceling headphones. They certainly canceled noise, but the sound quality was awful. Also, they constantly needed batteries to noise cancel. Gay. A big mistake on my part. Anyway, a few months later I got some Sennheiser PMX 60's for 30 bucks. Amazing sound quality. Pretty fucking dope for the price. I highly recommend them.

You wouldn't happen to be talking about [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], would you?

I have a pair and they truly do suck. I can't even use them to make beats because they're so awful. I have to break out an old pair that only work on the left side because, even with one side failing, they still sound better. Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 1:48 pm

This is what i use at home.

Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 1:50 pm

Those look nice. No homo...

What's with the stooge selling a used pair for more than a new pair? lol
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 1:53 pm

lol @ stooge
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 1:57 pm

these have lasted me over 6 years now:

used for djing every week for 2 of those years

dropped on concrete floors probably 100+ times... pulled and swung by the cord, etc. etc. etc. I've gone through like 5 computers in the same amount of time...smh..
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 3:48 pm

Norfeest wrote:
Half wrote:

You wouldn't happen to be talking about [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], would you?

I have a pair and they truly do suck. I can't even use them to make beats because they're so awful. I have to break out an old pair that only work on the left side because, even with one side failing, they still sound better. Shaking My Head

No they weren't those...I'll see if I can find them on Amazon. Probably the same quality as yours though. I'm officially done with Sony. SRP's headphones are probably dope, but I've been burned too many times. 3 sets of headphones, one that was so-so and two that sucked? Sorry, not a fan anymore.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 3:48 pm

Ah, here they are. Avoid at all costs.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 3:57 pm

I've gotten burnt by stanton, koss, radio shack brand, etc. etc. - headphones for the most part don't last for shit and I don't mistreat em (save for the sonys). I got some wireless Sennheisers for christmas last year and those are 1000000% more lyrical than any other ones. The sound quality is second to none.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitimeFri 03 Sep 2010, 4:01 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I've gotten burnt by stanton, koss, radio shack brand, etc. etc. - headphones for the most part don't last for shit and I don't mistreat em (save for the sonys). I got some wireless Sennheisers for christmas last year and those are 1000000% more lyrical than any other ones. The sound quality is second to none.

Yeah at this point I'm a Sennheiser stan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Headphones/Earphones   Headphones/Earphones Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Headphones/Earphones
Page 1 of 1