Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lil Biggie Smalls to release mixtape

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Lil Biggie Smalls to release mixtape Empty
PostSubject: Lil Biggie Smalls to release mixtape   Lil Biggie Smalls to release mixtape Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 7:05 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lil Biggie Smalls to release mixtape   Lil Biggie Smalls to release mixtape Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 7:12 pm

VERY interesting, I look forward to hearing him spit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lil Biggie Smalls to release mixtape   Lil Biggie Smalls to release mixtape Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 7:14 pm

This kid has done absolutely nothing to warrant any sort of attention other than come out of a birth canal which had previously been occupied by Biggie's penis...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lil Biggie Smalls to release mixtape   Lil Biggie Smalls to release mixtape Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 7:20 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
This kid has done absolutely nothing to warrant any sort of attention other than come out of a birth canal which had previously been occupied by Biggie's penis...

If Seagram had a kid and he decided to rhyme, you'd be interested in hearing what he sounded like.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Lil Biggie Smalls to release mixtape   Lil Biggie Smalls to release mixtape Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 7:33 pm

ha, good luck to this lil man, he's got some HUGE shoes to fill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lil Biggie Smalls to release mixtape   Lil Biggie Smalls to release mixtape Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 8:03 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

If Seagram had a kid and he decided to rhyme, you'd be interested in hearing what he sounded like.

If Seagram's kid was Biggie's kid I would not in the least bit. If you read the article, this is a kid who has lived a wealthy, sheltered life. Wants to be an actor, and claims to do "a little rapping." There is absolutely nothing in his life or story that makes me want to listen to him. If I want to hear a biggie sound alike I will pop in my Shyne and Guerilla Black CDs which I guarantee will be better than anything this kid releases.

He lives in Cali, yet wears a NYC hat and will surely claim his dad's home as a crutch. He'll likely rap about the same generic bullshit to try to be interesting because I highly doubt living in a house with Faith Evans is a compelling life story. If he raps a little on the side I doubt he'll possess even a fraction of BIG's flow.

The fact is the ONLY reason this kid is in the news is because of his father. At least people like Corey Gunz have grinded and made a name to get noticed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lil Biggie Smalls to release mixtape   Lil Biggie Smalls to release mixtape Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 8:18 pm

Whatever SRP. You're full of shit. You'd listen to Seagram's kid no matter what, at least to see what he sounds like.

Of course Biggie Jr. lives a rather sheltered life because his father was one of the greatest rappers of all time and his mother has had commercial success as an R&B singer. Who the fuck is gonna stay in the hood under those circumstances???

I don't give a fuck about people's personal lives. All I care about is how talented they are. How do you know whether or not this kid has the goods? Shyne is average IMO and Guerilla Black is wack. I'm not expecting him to be on the same level as his dad, but I am interested to see whether or not he can spit. If he's even above average, he can have a pretty successful career because Diddy will provide him with the dopest producers just like he did for his dad.

As for Cory Gunz, he's a second generation rapper as well. His dad wasn't as talented as Biggie, but still.

Last edited by KJ Styles on Wed 12 Aug 2009, 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lil Biggie Smalls to release mixtape   Lil Biggie Smalls to release mixtape Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 8:22 pm

Well Kool John, Biggie is one of your GOATS and he lied on the mic for most of his career. So I can see that. I will even willingly admit that the majority of rappers probably don't live what they rap.

It is premature to be sounding the death knell for this kid, but I see two career paths for him:

a. keep it real and be boring

b. lie like his dad did

I am not interested either since Biggie at least had an aura of mystery behind his life. We know this kid would be 100% lying about any street or hood shit he rapped about. I'd list being completely original as his third option, but reading the interview, his lack of focus, and diddy involved I know I will likely not want to be spoon fed the marketing ploy that he will be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lil Biggie Smalls to release mixtape   Lil Biggie Smalls to release mixtape Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 8:27 pm

Biggie spit it how he lived it for the most part. He sold drugs and did stick ups so he didn't lie. His son doesn't have to be hood to be dope in my eyes, he just has to be lyrical.

As I said before, I don't expect him to be as good as his dad. But until I hear him rhyme, I'm not gonna write him off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lil Biggie Smalls to release mixtape   Lil Biggie Smalls to release mixtape Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 8:28 pm

KJ,
I love Seagram and I wouldn't avoid his son if he was rapping, but I would not describe myself as "looking forward" to him. Seagram did some growth in his style, flow, lyrics during his career. He experienced, or at least claimed to experience, certain things in his life. Rap skill is not a genetic inheritance. Many more factors go into a dope emcee. Could this kid end up dope? It's possible, but so far it sounds like he is doing nothing but riding the coatails of a legend and I don't think he should be rewarded for that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lil Biggie Smalls to release mixtape   Lil Biggie Smalls to release mixtape Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2009, 10:09 am

If Seagram's kid was Biggie's kid I would not in the least bit. If you read the article, this is a kid who has lived a wealthy, sheltered life. Wants to be an actor, and claims to do "a little rapping." There is absolutely nothing in his life or story that makes me want to listen to him. If I want to hear a biggie sound alike I will pop in my Shyne and Guerilla Black CDs which I guarantee will be better than anything this kid releases.

He lives in Cali, yet wears a NYC hat and will surely claim his dad's home as a crutch. He'll likely rap about the same generic bullshit to try to be interesting because I highly doubt living in a house with Faith Evans is a compelling life story. If he raps a little on the side I doubt he'll possess even a fraction of BIG's flow.

The fact is the ONLY reason this kid is in the news is because of his father. At least people like Corey Gunz have grinded and made a name to get noticed.[/quote]

I agree with all of that, I mean I won't just write him off but I want be checking for him either.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Lil Biggie Smalls to release mixtape   Lil Biggie Smalls to release mixtape Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2009, 11:34 am

KJ Styles wrote:
I don't give a fuck about people's personal lives. All I care about is how talented they are.

Same here.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lil Biggie Smalls to release mixtape   Lil Biggie Smalls to release mixtape Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lil Biggie Smalls to release mixtape
Page 1 of 1