Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KRS ONE AND SOULJA BOY

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

KRS ONE AND SOULJA BOY Empty
PostSubject: KRS ONE AND SOULJA BOY   KRS ONE AND SOULJA BOY Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 9:31 pm

I know we talked about this topic to death when it came out already. But I've been watching the video today and I must say I respect KRS ONE a lot watching it. He handled it like he should in his position of an elder statesman in the game. In fact he handled better than he should have, because even conceding Soulja boy is part of hip-hop, he is easily one of the lest skilled rapper/emcees to ever drop.

With that, I will spin the KRS ONE I have again this week to try to appreciate the man more.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: KRS ONE AND SOULJA BOY   KRS ONE AND SOULJA BOY Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 9:36 pm

wait.. what? Soulja boy and KRS on the same track?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KRS ONE AND SOULJA BOY   KRS ONE AND SOULJA BOY Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 9:39 pm

nah, they talked on rap city about a year ago
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: KRS ONE AND SOULJA BOY   KRS ONE AND SOULJA BOY Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 9:41 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
nah, they talked on rap city about a year ago

oh ok, I'll check that out, wasn't even aware. It's good you've begun Operation KRS Appreciation, you won't be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
SkinnyTheFloridian
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
SkinnyTheFloridian

PostSubject: Re: KRS ONE AND SOULJA BOY   KRS ONE AND SOULJA BOY Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2009, 11:20 pm

i remember watching this...KRS-1 was showing Soulja Boy love and kinda trying to coach him which was a cool move on his part.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: KRS ONE AND SOULJA BOY   KRS ONE AND SOULJA BOY Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2009, 11:15 am

I agree. KRS was very humble about the situation. Instead of doing what Ice-T did, he coached Soulja and tried to increase his knowledge about the culture. That's how you approach the situation. Even though that didn't help Soulja Boy's musical direction, at least KRS can say he tried.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: KRS ONE AND SOULJA BOY   KRS ONE AND SOULJA BOY Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2009, 7:04 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I know we talked about this topic to death when it came out already. But I've been watching the video today and I must say I respect KRS ONE a lot watching it. He handled it like he should in his position of an elder statesman in the game. In fact he handled better than he should have, because even conceding Soulja boy is part of hip-hop, he is easily one of the lest skilled rapper/emcees to ever drop.

I definitely agree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KRS ONE AND SOULJA BOY   KRS ONE AND SOULJA BOY Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KRS ONE AND SOULJA BOY
Page 1 of 1