Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 10 Greatest Update

Go down 
+4
Laced With Slang
Alan
T. Myers
Jason
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

Top 10 Greatest Update Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009, 10:50 am

This is only up through day 23.

East

Top 10:
1. KRS-One
2. Kool G Rap
3. Big Daddy Kane
4. Rakim
5. Chuck D
6. Nas
7. Ghostface Killah
8. Jay-Z
9. GZA
10. Pharoahe Monch

Nominated:
Redman
Talib Kweli
Notorious BIG
Black Thought
Q-Tip
Slick Rick
Masta Ace
LL Cool J
Treach
Cormega
AZ
Heavy D
Guru

Midwest

Top 10:
1. Eminem
2. Common
3. Tech N9ne
4. One Be Lo
5. Brother Ali
6. Royce Da 5'9
7. Twista
8. Bizzy Bone
9. Vakill
10. Krayzie Bone

Nominated:
Obie Trice
MC Breed
Lupe Fiasco
Kanye West
Bootleg
Esham
Nelly
Slug
Rhymefest
Proof
Da Brat
P.O.S.
Elzhi

South

Top 10:
1. Andre 3000
2. Scarface
3. Cee-Lo
4. Bun-B
5. K-Rino
6. Ludacris
7. Big Boi
8. MJG
9. Z-Ro

Note: T.I. has a negative value, but if there isn't another positive vote on an artist, he'll move into the #10 slot.

Nominated:
T.I.
Big Mike
Eightball
Trae
Phonte
Chamillionaire
Killer Mike
Speech
Trick Daddy
B.G.
Devin the Dude
Pastor Troy
Mystikal
Young Buck

West

Top 10:
1. Ice Cube
2. 2Pac
3. DJ Quik
4. Del Tha Funkee Homosapien
5. Spice 1
6. B-Real
7. Ice-T
8. Snoop Dogg
9. Kurupt
10. E-40

Nominated:
Aceyalone
W.C.
Mac Dre
Too Short
Ras Kass
Xzibit
Yukmouth
MC Ren
The Game
MC Eiht
Boots Riley
Murs
Gift of Gab
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009, 3:03 pm

Okay..... nice lists but that Midwest division is booty.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009, 3:10 pm

There is nothing wrong with that midwest list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009, 3:17 pm

Come on Terry, Kayzie and Bizzy Bone? But no Kanye, Lupe, or even Obie? I can see one of them but both is some bullish imo.

And I will not even get started on Pharoahe making it.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009, 3:24 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Come on Terry, Kayzie and Bizzy Bone? But no Kanye, Lupe, or even Obie? I can see one of them but both is some bullish imo.

And I will not even get started on Pharoahe making it.

You opened up pandoras box by allowing people to include their overall body of work. E1999 Eternal, Creepin On Ah Come Up, BTNHResurrection, and Art Of War destroy Lupe and Kanye's chances. Now add Thug Mentality, A Song 4 You, The Gift, Thug On Da Line, Gemini, and Heavenz Movie, etc, and it's all over. Now if we remove the group albums, you could make a better case for Lupe and Kanye. Lupe wouldn't make my list at all right now, but if you remember correctly, Kanye was in my top 10.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009, 4:32 pm

Kev is just mad his little boy crushes Kanye and Lupe didn't make it, what a ho.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009, 5:18 pm

KRob86 wrote:

Co-sign. I only voted for 2 myself. So I can only like it so much...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009, 6:43 pm

Kray and Biz are wayyyy better MC's than Kanye, and id take both over Lupe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009, 6:58 pm

KRob86 wrote:

Overall, I agree. But the Top 2 are accurate.

The East is still suspect too overall as I still say Biggie should have made it, But it's good to see KRS at number one.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009, 9:44 pm

The midwest looks fine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 10:01 am

Slang Editorial wrote:

I can respect that and to you they are but to me Kanye 1st album alone crushes anything and I mean anything Bizzy or Krayzie has ever done including Bone albums. Lyrically I can see why some would pick them over Ye but album wise? Yeah right. And Lupe is may more lyrical than them but Biz and Kray have betta flows.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 10:03 am

The east coast is str8 but Gza and Pharoahe are really killin me, I mean they would never make a top 10 east if more people were on this forum.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 10:10 am

KRob86 wrote:
The east coast is str8 but Gza and Pharoahe are really killin me, I mean they would never make a top 10 east if more people were on this forum.

Wow, I can only imagine the arrogance it would take for someone to presume to know the listening habits of all hip hop fans. Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 10:12 am

Lol^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just being real.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 10:19 am

The midwest list is cool. If anything One Be Lo and Vakill might be premature considering their limited body of work, more so for Vakill, though One Be Lo is far from relevant enough IMO to be on my own list considering other established midwest emcees there.

If anything, there is something wrong with the southern region where we can't even get 10 people with positive results. It seems everyone is all against all these emcees being in the top ten for some reason. Who would people put in the southern top 10 if not the people listed?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 10:20 am

KRob86 wrote:
Lol^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just being real.

I know you're being honest man, but that is also discounting the opinions of others when you do that. I agree with you on Kanye. I dig his albums, and the man receives far too much hate. He's not gonna wow anyone with Chino XL type lyricism, but the man makes complete albums that i thoroughly enjoy(including 808's). I think it's sad that LL isn't on the NYC list, but i can't complain cause i do dig the artists who were selected. I'm saying it just seems a little petty to complain about one artist making it over another especially when the artist has the credentials.

Last edited by T. Myers on Thu 20 Aug 2009, 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 10:42 am

KRob86 wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

I can respect that and to you they are but to me Kanye 1st album alone crushes anything and I mean anything Bizzy or Krayzie has ever done including Bone albums. Lyrically I can see why some would pick them over Ye but album wise? Yeah right. And Lupe is may more lyrical than them but Biz and Kray have betta flows.

you think College Dropout is better than E1999 and Creepin? i cant see that but its your opinion so

Anyway, the lists are pretty good theres a lot of diverse artists up there, id still like to see Rassy in the West probably E-40
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 10:54 am

You're all douchebags, except Shon and SRP. How are you guys bitching when obviously you're in the majority SO OBVIOUSLY ONE OR TWO OF YOU FUCKS VOTED FOR THE MIDWEST LIST TO BE THE WAY IT IS. Terry, Kanye isn't CLOSE to Chino XL level lyricism. Kev, Obie Trice is dope, but you're the first to say skills alone don't make it on the list. How are you gonna hate on Krayzie who has three albums and all three are 4 stars or better? Bizzy Bone easily has 20 albums...just how many have you heard?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 11:03 am

N3R0 of 0nslaught3r wrote:
You're all douchebags, except Shon and SRP. How are you guys bitching when obviously you're in the majority SO OBVIOUSLY ONE OR TWO OF YOU FUCKS VOTED FOR THE MIDWEST LIST TO BE THE WAY IT IS. Terry, Kanye isn't CLOSE to Chino XL level lyricism. Kev, Obie Trice is dope, but you're the first to say skills alone don't make it on the list. How are you gonna hate on Krayzie who has three albums and all three are 4 stars or better? Bizzy Bone easily has 20 albums...just how many have you heard?

It was obviously a typo fool!!!!!!!!! Don't you think i know Kanye is not the lyricist that Chino is? Seriously? Good job giving me the benefit of the doubt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 11:14 am

Sorry, buddy. Can I still come over for chicken later?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 1:01 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
If anything, there is something wrong with the southern region where we can't even get 10 people with positive results. It seems everyone is all against all these emcees being in the top ten for some reason. Who would people put in the southern top 10 if not the people listed?

Yes sir!!! Now isn't that a damn shame. I mean it kind of proves this forum has no clue really about southern hip hop. How in the hell you can't get 10 when all those bad asses are still lurking in the nominated field. Glad you mentioned this SRP because I was thinking it but did not want hear the remarks about how much I favor the south blah blah blah..

Slang Creepin is a ep and a classic to me but CD beats it and E 1999 is another classic that can hang with College dropout but it is not betta.

Jeff I have heard a few Bizzy albums and he's str8 and I actually can respect him being on the list more so than Krayzie Bone.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 1:05 pm

I think it's ignorant that the south only has 8 or 9 with positive votes, but i never expected to vote for Buck, PT, or BG so it's whatever. It is what it is, and there is nothing i can do about it.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 1:19 pm

For the record, I voted in favor of:

T.I.
Pastor Troy
Devin
& Mystikal
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 2:38 pm

Kopasetick wrote:

T.I.
Pastor Troy
Devin
& Mystikal

Was that it? I mean not to you in particular Nor but who are you cats top 10 southern rappers if no one else on that nominated list is?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 4:20 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Lol^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just being real.

Well I can see GZA making it. IMO he's better than Ghostface. But not Monch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 4:20 pm

Kopasetick wrote:

T.I.
Pastor Troy
Devin
& Mystikal

I voted in favor of T.I., Mystikal, Big Mike, and Phonte.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 4:21 pm

He meant the one's that didn't make it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 4:27 pm

Shaun wrote:

I know he did, I'm just mentioning the ones that didn't make it that I voted for.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 4:29 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Shaun wrote:

I know he did, I'm just mentioning the ones that didn't make it that I voted for.

I thought Shaun was talking to kev
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 4:35 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Shaun wrote:

How can you tell? He's always too lazy to use the quote button.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 4:37 pm

Alan wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Shaun wrote:

Haha indeed. I was just assuming he was cause that is the only way Shaun's post would make sense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 5:20 pm

Best case scenario is that the forum's taste in southern rap is so varied and diverse that there just aren't ten southern rappers who get positive votes.

But I don't know, if we all liked so many different people you'd think at least 10 would go positive. I guess my concern would be that the bulk of those neithers come not from a true knowledge of an artist's discography and come from a few singles or youtube spins. Who knows, but if people want - please list people you feel should be nominated from the south which have yet to be nominated.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 5:30 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Alan wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Shaun wrote:

Haha indeed. I was just assuming he was cause that is the only way Shaun's post would make sense.

Yes, Terry. I was. KJ posted right before I did.

And using the quote button would make me lazy, because of the simple fact of it being easier than copy/pasting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 5:38 pm

Your fucking stupid.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 5:41 pm

If that was to me, then you, sir, are stupid. Way to use the wrong form of 'your'
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 5:42 pm

Who does "fucking stupid" belong to?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 5:42 pm

That was directed at Terry, it's pretty obvious it would only make sense directed to him. Top 10 Greatest Update 193679
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 5:57 pm

Esco wrote:

I know man I hate the "your" and "you're" mix up that almost everybody does nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 5:59 pm

Grammatical errors bother me in general. I always yell at people lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 6:00 pm

Your all just being gramatics queeers.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 6:01 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Your all just being gramatics queeers.

I assume that was intentional.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009, 7:20 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
That was directed at Terry, it's pretty obvious it would only make sense directed to him. Top 10 Greatest Update 193679

Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 3:07 pm

AFutureWithoutAPast wrote:
Esco wrote:

I know man I hate the "your" and "you're" mix up that almost everybody does nowadays.

Ok, so it's not just me...

What irks me more than that, though, is the misuse of they're, their, and there.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009, 3:42 pm

dont worry guys, your right their is no reason there all getting so upset. their just jealous of you're style and they wish they could be so good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Greatest Update   Top 10 Greatest Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Greatest Update
Page 1 of 1