Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Geto Boys vs. The Lox

Go down 
+5
Esco
D.Powell
Laced With Slang
Half
Alan
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Who's better?
Geto Boys
Geto Boys vs. The Lox - Page 2 Vote_lcap84%Geto Boys vs. The Lox - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 84% [ 16 ]
The Lox
Geto Boys vs. The Lox - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Geto Boys vs. The Lox - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 16% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage

Geto Boys vs. The Lox - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Geto Boys vs. The Lox - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 3:33 pm

D.Powell wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Powell, I agree with you most of the time, but you lost this battle IMO.

While there are a number of East Coast groups I'd take over GB, The Lox ain't one of them.

UMM KJ I didn't lose just because you don't agree with me come on man...LOL are you serious...you and the others don't agree with me...so what!! that doesn't mean I lost right???

Have you EVER seriously listened to more than one Geto Boys album? If so, which ones?

And LOL on the Jeepers Creepers. You sounded like Velma from Scooby-Doo with that one!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Geto Boys vs. The Lox - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 3:33 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
you just said JEEPERS CREEPERS

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

LOL...that's what a parent says when he's dealing with kids...

LOL
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Geto Boys vs. The Lox - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 3:36 pm

Grip It On That Other Level
The Geto Boys
We Can't Be Stopped

those are the ones that I own...and they are good albums, but I like the other groups I listed before much better and the main reasons are Bushwick and Willie "Damn" Dee are not up to par LYRICALLY NOR FLOW FOR ME...and Bill is not up to par voice wise either...again these are my opinions
Back to top Go down
Jason
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Jason

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Geto Boys vs. The Lox - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 3:41 pm

The kind of unhinged, threatening atmosphere, and the dark southern imagery and sound that the Geto Boys are all about calls for a completely different kind of lyricism and delivery than what the Lox do, it's not NY tough talk/punchline lyricism, so I'm not surprised Powell prefers the Lox.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Geto Boys vs. The Lox - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 3:53 pm

Does anyone besides Kev have either Bushwick Bill or Willie Dee in their top 20 emcees of all-time?? I know Scarface makes it on quite a few lists...but does anyone have either of those other two on their top 20 emcees list of all-time??

I have never seen those guys listed except on Kev's list while I have seen Jadakiss and Styles P listed on certain lists

Sadat X and Grand Puba listed on lists

Q-Tip and yes even Phife listed on certain lists

Cube and Ren on certain lists

Andre and Big Boi on certain lists

but I have NEVER seen outside of Kev Willie Dee and Bushwick Bill on ANY lists...those two are below capacity man...lol real talk!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Geto Boys vs. The Lox - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 4:11 pm

Have you seen ANY Lox/D-Block albums listed on anybody's Top 20? I haven't.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Geto Boys vs. The Lox - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 4:14 pm

How can you say I consistently give albums bad reviews Powell?? There are other posters on this forum that dog the hell out of current and older releases, but yet, I always get shitted on for my opinions. That's complete bullshit my friend. If an album has flaws, I'll throw it out there. Sorry if you don't like it, but that is the way it is.

You know damn well that first Lox joint was dirt, but yet, you still defend them to the fullest. They had one pretty good album, and that's it. There is no way in hell they can compare to the Geto Boys in regards to dropping good quality consistent albums.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Geto Boys vs. The Lox - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 4:15 pm

Powell are you gonna get New L.O.X. Order when it drops later this year?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Geto Boys vs. The Lox - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 4:28 pm

D.Powell wrote:

Geto Boys vs. The Lox - Page 2 Velma1Geto Boys vs. The Lox - Page 2 Jeepers_tshirt-p235097609638102984tda2_210

...lol real talk!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Geto Boys vs. The Lox - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 4:38 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

Geto Boys vs. The Lox - Page 2 Velma1Geto Boys vs. The Lox - Page 2 Jeepers_tshirt-p235097609638102984tda2_210

...lol real talk!

LMFAO!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Geto Boys vs. The Lox - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 5:11 pm

I voted for the LOX just to show some solidarity.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Geto Boys vs. The Lox - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 5:31 pm

T. Myers wrote:
keep quiet old man, or i'll put you in a retirement home.

Geto Boys vs. The Lox - Page 2 313114
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Geto Boys vs. The Lox - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 5:44 pm

Hey Poundcake you need to bring your sugar frosted flake ass into the chatbox sometimes so I can crack on you more directly...LMAO!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Geto Boys vs. The Lox - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009, 6:00 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Hey Poundcake you need to bring your sugar frosted flake ass into the chatbox sometimes so I can crack on you more directly...LMAO!

LOL Chill Powell, but yeah Pounds come to the chatbox. It's a packed house right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Geto Boys vs. The Lox   Geto Boys vs. The Lox - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geto Boys vs. The Lox
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2