Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ode to frozen pizza.

Go down 
+8
Norfeest
TheHazardous
Dwight
yOGi420™
Half
Esco
Shaun
Dang! Trotter
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Ode to frozen pizza. Empty
PostSubject: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 2:56 am

Looking for economic way to have lunch? Look no further than frozen pizza. As of lately Ive been having a thing for frozen pizza. Right now I prefer them over restaurant pies mainly due my curiousity of each brand's taste. But you can't beat the price tag. Totino's Mexican Style pizza is pretty good and it cost roughly around 1.50 for a pie and that pie is larger than a personal pizza at a restaurant. My favorite though is Red Baron's Buffalo Chicken pizza for merely 5 dollars and some change. Di gorno's Supreme Pizza for a little over 6 dollars is an excellent choice. Its worthy to note you can get alot of these pizzas on sale or 2 for 5 deals. If I was a weed smoker id keep my fridge stocked up. Its fucked having the munchies and having to wait 30-40 minutes for wack-ass Domino's (which I would take any frozen pizza over) and the pizza is cold and the stupid ass driver forgot the 2-Liter of Coke and expects a tip. And then you havta deal with that bulky ass cardboard pizza box that you havta break down to fit in your trash can and it usually takes up to much space in said can. Hell, I got a Papa John's pizza box in my room thats been there for 2 mos. cause Im too lazy to break it down. With store bought pizza they come in a simple box easy to tear down. Some are just wrapped in thin sandwich wrap. How convenient is that?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 3:24 am

Ironically, I just made a frozen pizza. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 9:57 am

Yeah man I use to be big on Digiono's but Red Baron is betta imo and cheaper. I prefer the 3 meat Red Baron pizza.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 10:06 am

I have a Totino's pizza in the freezer, that will mos def be eaten soon.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 10:28 am

I hate Red Baron. DiGiorno's got dropped by Freschetta. Totino's Pizzas were the shit when I was a kid. Overall though I'm not a big fan of frozen pizza. I like buying those Boboli crusts and making my own pizzas, for some reason they taste 100x better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 10:46 am

Jack's. You guys are fucking crazy if you're eating anything else.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 10:48 am

Never heard of Jack's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 10:54 am

Look it up then.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 11:09 am

No.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 11:13 am

Fair enough HalfPussyCat
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 12:25 pm

LMAO.... I usually buy the store brand from Vons i think its called safeway select or something. They are the bomb for sure and a good deal. they got this pineapple and teriyaki chicken flavor that i could mow through in no time flat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 12:28 pm

Jacks I think is like the regional version of totinos or something.

Walmart has these new pizzas, great value brand, that are super dope...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 12:33 pm

No Totino's is wack as fuck

Jacki's is like a slimmer Tombstone
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 12:56 pm

I put ketchup on a hubcap and call it pizza.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 4:31 pm

Jacks is terrible. All I ever had when I was a kid was Jacks and they got played out. Roma frozen pizzas are the best. They're cheap and taste good.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 6:46 pm

Yeah,Tombstone is dope too
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 8:10 pm

I can get two large Papa Js for under $13 with the right coupon.

That's pretty damn good. I haven't bought a frozen pizza in a long time. I remember eating some off brand one that was damn good and the size of a real pizza.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 8:17 pm

Red Baron were on sale for 3.18 each at wal mart today...can't beat that..
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 9:25 pm

AFutureWithoutAPast wrote:
I hate Red Baron. DiGiorno's got dropped by Freschetta. Totino's Pizzas were the shit when I was a kid. Overall though I'm not a big fan of frozen pizza. I like buying those Boboli crusts and making my own pizzas, for some reason they taste 100x better.
MMMMMM...that sounds good. Ill put artichokes and turkey sausage on mine
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeWed 02 Sep 2009, 10:15 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
I can get two large Papa Js for under $13 with the right coupon.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] keeps the pies comin' at a low price or for a great deal.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 4:27 am

Dang! Trotter wrote:
and the stupid ass driver forgot the 2-Liter of Coke and expects a tip.

Just out of interest, I heard from someone that in America, you are "expected" to tip, and quite often... True or not true ? I suppose it could depend on many things?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 7:51 am

lounge wrote:
Dang! Trotter wrote:
and the stupid ass driver forgot the 2-Liter of Coke and expects a tip.

Just out of interest, I heard from someone that in America, you are "expected" to tip, and quite often... True or not true ? I suppose it could depend on many things?

Definitely true.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 8:07 am

haha, down here you should consider yourself lucky to get a tip... I mean, people do give tips if they feel like it, but there's not really any feeling of expectation about it, especially not from the pizza delivery kid of all people. In restaurants and maybe other random food places you might see a jar for tips, but that's about it. I wonder how many dirty looks I will get if I ever make it over there... By the way, if people haven't noticed from the past to now, that yes, I am always interested in finding out the differences and similarities between America and Australia.

By the way Trotter, your topic is hilarious... Obviously I haven't heard of any of the brands you mention, but the amount of food choices of your country make me want to go there.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 1:32 pm

What part of Australia are you in?
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 4:43 pm

I'm from Melbourne, Victoria. Do you know it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 4:45 pm

Melbourne is the suburban part of Australia.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 5:44 pm

I don't really eat frozen pizzas often, but when I do, I'd choose Digorno's or the deluxe store brand.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 7:01 pm

My knowledge of Australia is limited. I know Mad Max, Dundee, Australia, Croc Hunter, & Rabbitproof Fence. So basically what the TV tells me.

So what differences have you noticed about our neck of the woods.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 9:10 pm

In a lot of foreign countries your not required to tip. In some places its actually considered rude. But the tipping game is sorta of a scam. Restaurants pay their wait staff like 2.oohrs and pretty much depend on the custumer to pay that waiter or waitress, same thang with bar tenders. When you break it down its bullshit. And on top of that they'll even take a percentage of those tips. Damn. They should atleast let them keep all their tips. This is capitalism for ya'. And another reason how flawed America is.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 11:30 pm

The only time the house kept tips, in my experience, was working large parties. Those tips were included in a pre-paid contract, and we always walked with at least $17/hr.

In foreign countries, the waitstaff is paid more hourly, but I'm sure it's reflected in product pricing. So, essentially, the consumer pays anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 11:37 pm

u have no idea

i been in foreign countries and u wrong
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeThu 03 Sep 2009, 11:59 pm

Well, I've been in foreign countries, too.

While you sit in a restaurant, you can identify plate cost, utilities, labor, and then calculate the difference in labor to overhead as compared to an American restaurant?

Because I do know that, in the countries I've been in, customers aren't traditionally expected to tip.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 1:44 am

Steve wrote:
u have no idea

i been in foreign countries and u wrong

I dont know youre talking to me or Joe. But Ive spoke with foriegners and they say tipping is no big deal. I just read in article where in some places they consider it an insult.

Also here in the US in some pricier places were the tab will be like in the 200s easily, they'll add a 15% continuity(we all know this is a fancy word for TIP) on the bill. On top of that your still expected to tip! But with the continuity their basicly forcing you to tip!
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 4:25 am

For waiters to have to rely on tips sounds pretty bad... On average how much would waiters get an hour, if they are paid by the hour ?

Sometimes I wonder about restaurants, of just how much they are making, or even if they are actually making money, I feel sorry for some places I have been to where I feel that they deserve more customers but aren't getting them. But that's business I s'pose, and it ain't easy.

The Real Real Jeru wrote:
Melbourne is the suburban part of Australia.
lol Yeah that pretty much sums it up. Well, it's the 2nd biggest city in terms of poulation, Sydney has the largest population over us by a couple million I think. While I'm on the numbers game, here's something I heard on the radio the other day:

Population: CALIFORNIA>>>>>>>>>AUSTRALIA

Plenty of room in our backyard if you guys ever needed a new place to live !
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 5:23 am

TheHazardous wrote:
My knowledge of Australia is limited. I know Mad Max, Dundee, Australia, Croc Hunter, & Rabbitproof Fence. So basically what the TV tells me.

So what differences have you noticed about our neck of the woods.

I haven't been to the US, so much of what I know is what the TV tells me also lol
Just seems another society playing to the beat of materialistic obsession, unequality (if that's a word), great divides between rich and poor... same shit I see here and everywhere else I guess.
I think that many years of exposure to American media over here has certainly had some effects, influencing and shaping of people and their conciousness in different ways, maybe some good and some bad. There seems to be a growing gang culture over here, including kids trying to copy the crip and blood rivalries, which I think is still pretty low key at this stage. The Mafia is probably considered some of the most professional around, being that they're organised and not just kids. They have the biggest prescence here in Melbourne, where every so often things flair up and they kill each other in the streets. Now the positive things: Overall, I think it's a nice country to be in...

...well, at least until further down the track when large countries (eg, China) become more and more desperate for resources and the next world war becomes imminent, economies collapse, Australia is piss weak with no great military presence and can't defend itself and the eyes of the world are on the great resources that this land has. Will be interesting to see what happens lol

Mad Max, Croc Dundee and Rabbit Proof Fence are some really good movies. If you like Rabbit Proof Fence I also recommend "The Tracker" with David Gulpilil and Gary Sweet, although it might be difficult to find.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 8:42 am

Wolf Creek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 10:17 am

Wolf Creek indeed Big Grin
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 11:28 am

Waiters do receive a different minimum wage, but I think it is no less than $2 lower than state mins. Also, if claimed tips plus wages don't equal at least state min, the employer is required to make up the difference.

Everywhere I've worked, waiters don't actually claim all tips, for tax purposes.

Trotter, I'll let you in on this; you cannot be forced to pay any tips. If you see it added in the bill, you have every right to dispute.

Also, usually tips are only added in on larger parties (10 or more, for example). And any waiter will tell you that it's a gamble. You don't even bother unless you're dealing with Canadians or somebody who doesn't seem used to dining out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 11:40 am

Parker go vote on Poster Of The Year
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 1:07 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
usually tips are only added in on larger parties (10 or more, for example). And any waiter will tell you that it's a gamble. You don't even bother unless you're dealing with Canadians or somebody who doesn't seem used to dining out.

Canadians? lol
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 4:07 pm

Lounge did you see Australia when it came out?
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 4:57 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
Lounge did you see Australia when it came out?

Yeah, I did actually. It thought it was ok, but not really great. The young boy was a very good actor for his age. What did you think of it and the other said movies?

Now Wolf Creek I haven't seen, don't think I want to watch that one!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 5:11 pm

Come on! You a big G-rap fan and can't stomach a little horror?
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 5:22 pm

Romper Stomper & BMX Bandits is where it's at for Aussie films, hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 5:27 pm

lmao, I avoid horror movies like the plague, real life can be disturbing enough, let alone watching those movies. Even in music I don't prefer horror rappers that much, I can play some Ganksta Nip no problem, but there's few others that I like in the horror genre.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 5:29 pm

RompedOutCutthoat wrote:
Romper Stomper & BMX Bandits is where it's at for Aussie films, hahaha.

LOL BMX Bandits, now that takes me back, I haven't seen that since I was way young.

I've only ever seen bits and peices of RS
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 5:30 pm

lounge wrote:

lmao, I avoid horror movies like the plague, real life can be disturbing enough, let alone watching those movies. Even in music I don't prefer horror rappers that much, I can play some Ganksta Nip no problem, but there's few others that I like in the horror genre.

Sissy.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 5:43 pm

LOL i was expecting that !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 5:52 pm

Real men watch horror movies... real life is disturbing, hence why I need even more disturbing shit in my movies to be scared.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 6:05 pm

You are funny man...

By the way, how do you post a link to youtube like everyone else does on here, how it shows the box with the video? Is it something to do with that link button?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ode to frozen pizza.   Ode to frozen pizza. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ode to frozen pizza.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next