Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Most disappointing album.

Go down 
+11
Alan
SkinnyTheFloridian
Half
Funk Seoul Brother
TheHazardous
Z-membu
Esco
Laced With Slang
Norfeest
Cold Loungin
E. Taylor
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Most disappointing album. Empty
PostSubject: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 6:34 pm

Name an album or albums that you had highly anticipated that ended up really letting you down. The first one that comes to mind for me is:

Snoop Dogg "The Doggfather"

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad album, but coming off of "Doggystyle" i couldn't help but expect another classic. I remember buying it and throwing it in the stereo only to be let down. Over the years it grew on me, but it wasn't close to what i was expecting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 6:36 pm

I love this snoop CD.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 6:45 pm

I can name several that have let me down, but the one that has probably let me down most was Can-I-Bus, which is Canibus' debut album.

Prior to this release, I thought that Canibus was on his way to becoming one of the biggest stars in the game today because his mixtape tracks were hella dope. I thought that he won the battle against LL, but LOST the war because while "Second Round KO" was a better song than "The Ripper Strikes Back", Canibus failed to follow up on the success of that song by releasing a horrible debut album with sub-par production and only 2-3 dope tracks.

Canibus has bounced back since then, but Can-I-Bus is the most disappointing album in hip-hop history IMO.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 6:48 pm

The Real Real Jeru wrote:
I love this snoop CD.

Hell yeah, me too. I never had any dissappointments with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 6:51 pm

lounge wrote:
The Real Real Jeru wrote:
I love this snoop CD.

Hell yeah, me too. I never had any dissappointments with it.

I thought Doggfather was average at best. I'm a Snoop fan, and other than Da Game Is To Be Sold Not To Be Told and maybe Ego Trippin, I don't think he's done worse.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 6:52 pm

Did you guys really think that Snoop album compared with "Doggystyle"? Like i said it's not a bad album but when your expecting so much it's easy to be let down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 7:16 pm

I liked Doggfater also and I think the mistake was expecting a Doggystyle especially after Dre left and all the turmoil was going down.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 7:42 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
Did you guys really think that Snoop album compared with "Doggystyle"? Like i said it's not a bad album but when your expecting so much it's easy to be let down.

I understand what you're saying, and it's always the issue with these 2 albums. I think the whole thing is that maybe drawing comparisons in the first place is what's wrong... Not that I'm trying to tell you not to draw comparisons, though! It's just that Dr Dre production is totally different with DJ Pooh/Daz/Supafly productions... So it was always gonna be different in that respect, but if people felt disappointed then that's just how they feel, I can understand that.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 9:30 pm

The Firm always comes to mind...

The biggest letdown ever for this listener.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 9:38 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
The Firm always comes to mind...

The biggest letdown ever for this listener.

as a whole i think the album was a letdown but i think that album is shitted on too much. There are a decent amount of really dope tracks on there that i still spin. Its just that with that lineup everyone was expecting a 5 star classic which it wasnt near, but i give that like 3.5/5 which isnt great, but not totally terrible
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 9:41 pm

Raekwon- Immobilarity
dead prez- Turn Off The Radio Vol. 1- I was expecting an official album.
Scarface-Emeritus- good album but not what I imagined for a "retirement" cd.
Too Short- Gettin It' (same as above)
The Firm (agree big time)

Yo Slang you got a game homey...lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 10:16 pm

KRob86 wrote:

Scarface-Emeritus- good album but not what I imagined for a "retirement" cd.

Really? I thought Emeritus album was one of the best from last year. I have it at 4.25 stars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 10:20 pm

Well like I said it is a good album just to damn safe for me. I got it at 4.0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 10:25 pm

Some more albums that I was disappointed in

EPMD- Out Of Business
A Tribe Called Quest- The Love Movement
Outkast- Idlewild
Brand Nubian- Everything Is Everything
Jay Z- The Blueprint 2: The Gift & The Curse (worst double CD I've ever bought)
Eminem- Encore
DMX- The Great Depression
Goodie Mob- World Party
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 10:26 pm

The Great Depression is dope, my 2nd favorite album from him...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 10:29 pm

Steve wrote:
The Great Depression is dope, my 2nd favorite album from him...

Really? It was my 2nd LEAST favorite from him, only ahead of Year Of The Dog.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 10:36 pm

Great Depression also came at a unique time for me, when I was in Job Corps and life wasn't going well, Great Depression helped me through
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 10:37 pm

I was actually surprised with how good Idlewild is and I agree with Great Depression. When I heard Who We Be I was so hype for this album but it let me down. It's not a whack or bad album or anything just not his best.

And big ass co-sign on World Party matter of fact that should have been my first choice.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeFri 04 Sep 2009, 11:38 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
I can name several that have let me down, but the one that has probably let me down most was Can-I-Bus, which is Canibus' debut album.

Prior to this release, I thought that Canibus was on his way to becoming one of the biggest stars in the game today because his mixtape tracks were hella dope. I thought that he won the battle against LL, but LOST the war because while "Second Round KO" was a better song than "The Ripper Strikes Back", Canibus failed to follow up on the success of that song by releasing a horrible debut album with sub-par production and only 2-3 dope tracks.

Canibus has bounced back since then, but Can-I-Bus is the most disappointing album in hip-hop history IMO.

Hey KJ, can you hook me up with some of those mixtapes or let me know the names, I've looked for some cause I've always wanted to hear the pre Can-I-Bus Canibus.
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeSat 05 Sep 2009, 4:37 pm

#3 Eminem - Encore

#2 D12 - D12 World

#1 Bizzy Bone - Back With the Thugz
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeSat 05 Sep 2009, 9:51 pm

Eminem-Encore
Raekwon-Immobilarity
Three 6 Mafia-Most Known Unknown
Project Pat-Crook by da Book
Canibus-Hip-Hop for Sale (I knew about Can-I-Bus before I bought it so I enjoyed because it was half-good)
Nas-Nastradamus/I Am (damus more so)
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeSat 05 Sep 2009, 9:55 pm

ATCQ - The Love Movement

Had a few good songs but left way too much to be desired.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeSat 05 Sep 2009, 10:23 pm

Mobb Deep-Blood Money
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeSat 05 Sep 2009, 11:46 pm

Sugarhill Gang - Rappers Delight
Back to top Go down
SkinnyTheFloridian
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
SkinnyTheFloridian

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 1:24 pm

World Party (although theres still some tight tracks on there)
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 1:59 pm

Most disappointing of '08 (IMO)....

Most disappointing album. 070507_del

Most disappointing of '09 so far (Eyedea & Abilties "By The Throat")...

Most disappointing album. Bythethroat_main
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 2:01 pm

That E&A has a dope cover, lol
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 2:05 pm

Forgot about the 11th Hour. Woefully bad album. The Funk Man wasn't much better. Ugh...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 2:56 pm

Cage-Depart From Me

Anything by Ras Kass that's not Rassassination
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 2:59 pm

And Revenge Of The Spit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 2:59 pm

Rassassination was the huge letdown for him and ended his major career and is his worst album...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 3:00 pm

any Jadakiss album
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 3:48 pm

CO FUCKING SIGN SLANG GOOD CALL

Any Beanie Sigel post-Truth
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 3:56 pm

Alex King- Reincarnated
Liquid Assassin- Apocalypse
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 8:44 pm

Royce da 5'9"-Rock City (to slight Shaun and being honest)
Royce da 5'9"-Independent's Day
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 8:46 pm

Independent's Day, indeed. Rock City, semi indeed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 9:46 pm

Mos Def's new one. Shit was depressing to me. I miss the bboy mighty mos.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 9:47 pm

Every Blue Scholars album. Back in the day, when I thought Tran had good tastes, he recommended all of them. They sucked balls
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 9:52 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
Mobb Deep-Blood Money

Oh hell yeah! That album made Juvenile Hell look like The Infamous

Other let downs....

Run DMC- Down With The King (This album sucked save for the title track)
KRS One- Turn Right
Busta Rhymes- Back On My BS
Black Sheep- Non Fiction
Ghostface Killah- Bulletproof Wallets
Big Daddy Kane- Prince Of Darkness
UGK- Dirty Money
Xzibit- Weapons Of Mass Destruction
Onyx- Bacdafucup II

Last edited by KJ Styles on Sun 06 Sep 2009, 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 9:53 pm

wrote:

I actually like The Estatic. It's not BOBS but it's MUCH BETTER than The New Danger and True Magic.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 9:53 pm

"KRS One- Turn Right"

Keep Right*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 9:56 pm

Shaun wrote:
"KRS One- Turn Right"

Keep Right*

LOL my bad. Thanks for the correction. But yeah, that was clearly the worst KRS album. The Sneak Attack was a let down too, but not as bad as Keep Right.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 10:04 pm

Keep Right was pretty friggin' bad. I feel bad for KRS for even making that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 10:18 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
wrote:

I actually like The Estatic. It's not BOBS but it's MUCH BETTER than The New Danger and True Magic.

but that's not saying much, considering both of those albums were terrible. I want Travelin' Man/ BBoy Document 99/Jam On It Mighty Mos, that was him at his finest hours. He had the potential to be my favorite emcee of all time, but these stinkers killed any chance of that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 10:20 pm

i think ecstatic is his worst album...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 10:20 pm

Shaun wrote:
Back in the day, when I thought Tran had good tastes, he recommended all of them. They sucked balls

No homo on my part, very homo for Shone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeMon 07 Sep 2009, 12:16 am

Steve wrote:
i think ecstatic is his worst album...

I disagree entirely. It's a 4 star album IMO.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeMon 07 Sep 2009, 8:02 pm

I'm surprised Common's last album hasn't shown up yet.

I haven't heard it yet. Is it different like Electric Circus or just bad?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeMon 07 Sep 2009, 8:28 pm

N3R0 of 0nSlaught3r wrote:
Cage-Depart From Me

Anything by Ras Kass that's not Rassassination

Wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitimeMon 07 Sep 2009, 8:28 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
I'm surprised Common's last album hasn't shown up yet.

I haven't heard it yet. Is it different like Electric Circus or just bad?

Universal Mind Control is just BAD!!! Sucks ass!!

I didn't like EC either, but UMC made it sound like Resurrection.

Common has been pretty inconsistent since dropping the "Sense" from his name anyway. So while UMC was disappointing, I wasn't really surprised that the album was bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most disappointing album.   Most disappointing album. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most disappointing album.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next