Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some Lounge favourites

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

Some Lounge favourites Empty
PostSubject: Some Lounge favourites   Some Lounge favourites Icon_minitimeSat 05 Sep 2009, 8:27 pm

N8 The Gr8 is a producer from Sacramento, who belongs to a group called "The Cuf", who have dropped a varied number of albums, ep's and singles since mid nineties. I would describe them as kind of a Sac town version of Hieroglyphics in some way. They have done work with a number of other artists including Living Legends.

N8 The Gr8 also produced 2 mid nineties surefire gangsta classics that will remain in my collection forever.

First, Takin No Shortz, by Hollow Tip in 1996. Hollow went on to release many more albums, but I never heard anything after his '98 release "Flawless", which was a pretty good album.

From Takin No Shortz, 1996

Second, N8 The Gr8 produced another classic release, Troubled Mind, for Young Dre D, in 1996 also.

Dre D has been around a while, he collaborated with producer Bumpin' T, dropped his first maxi single Livin in the Heights in 1992, and in 1994 they dropped the album 2 Black Basstuds together with Young Bowleggs, who also had an album drop in 93. These albums were tape only releases, and are extremely rare. Dre D continues his music to this day, with his latest album The Unexpected, which came in the last year or two.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Lounge favourites   Some Lounge favourites Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 11:57 am

Good list Lounge, gonna check all these out.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Some Lounge favourites   Some Lounge favourites Icon_minitimeSun 06 Sep 2009, 3:02 pm

what album do you recommend from The Cuf
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some Lounge favourites   Some Lounge favourites Icon_minitimeMon 07 Sep 2009, 1:40 am

Too bad most of these albums are oop and so damn expensive.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Some Lounge favourites   Some Lounge favourites Icon_minitimeWed 09 Sep 2009, 4:22 am

Cuf Baby album on Amazon has a couple cheap ones here:
http://www.amazon.com/Cuf-Baby-C-U-F/dp/B00004RCA2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1252483762&sr=1-2

Hollow Tip has been re-released so you can get that at normal price still if you dig it, Young Dre D's you might pick one up if you look out on ebay, I believe they did a re-release of it a couple years ago which was only available locally and on ebay.

Slang, to me Cuf is hit and miss with their material cos I like the gangsta music more, which Cuf is not about that, but check out that link for a cheap unit of one of their albums, or look them up on youtube to see if you like them much.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Some Lounge favourites   Some Lounge favourites Icon_minitimeWed 09 Sep 2009, 12:25 pm

lounge wrote:
Slang, to me Cuf is hit and miss with their material...

That much I can co-sign.

I do dig Deep Fried Funk Brothers out of that same collective, though. The two albums I have are probably 3.5 each. Solid material, but it won't necessarily blow your socks off.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Some Lounge favourites   Some Lounge favourites Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2009, 8:29 am

I didn't know about them Norf, are they on the same sorta vibe as Cuf ? Yeah, Cuf has some average stuff, and while they are not fav's of mine, I included them in the topic for the purpose of some history of N8 The Gr8, before I got to the part about Hollow and Dre D's albums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Lounge favourites   Some Lounge favourites Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Lounge favourites
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Old Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: