Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

N3R0's Thoughts On The Most Important Song Of The Year

Go down 
+2
T. Myers
Shaun
6 posters
AuthorMessage

N3R0's Thoughts On The Most Important Song Of The Year Empty
PostSubject: N3R0's Thoughts On The Most Important Song Of The Year   N3R0's Thoughts On The Most Important Song Of The Year Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009, 7:14 pm

"Forever" by Drake, Lil Wayne, Kanye West & Eminem

I know, it's only September. BUT I don't honestly don't see any song passing this particular track's importance this year. I'll oversimplify my points for those not interested in reading this whole post:

1) Proved Drake can spit while maintaining pop sensibilities, even hanging with the best the mainstream has to offer right now.

2) Nobody is fucking with Em on the mic this day and age.

3) Lil Wayne, dispite his vocal fanbase, isn't doing anything anywhere that Ludacris and TI can't do. Anybody that that can look me straight in the face and say they wouldn't have even rather heard Young Jeezy on this song is in straight denial.

4) Kanye West might have some skill, but again, couldn't Common, Lupe Fiasco, Bumpy J, Consequence, GLC, Rhymefest, etc etc etc ripped this better? Hell, one or more of them might have even contributed some lyrics to Ye's gross mishandling of his verse.

5) The east and west coasts and wading REALLY close to irrlevancy outside of their own minds.

Now on to the finer points, this track is about dominance. It's no wonder MC's always bring their best when their challenged, hip hop is competitive by nature. So, Drake hears who he's spitting alongside and (naturally) steps his game up. Even more than his boss, Weezy F. Baby. Wayne obviously has no respect for his fanbase or his craft at this point...he's on a track with one of the greats (a collab he's BEGGED for in the past, mind you) and STILL can't commit a fucking piece of paper or more than one (maybe 5 or 6, if you can't the ad-libs and punch-ins) take for his half assed verse. Kanye West did the best he could, which isn't terrible, but c'mon, who wouldn't have rather heard a million other people over those strings? So what's this say about the state of hip hop? Well, while the present may not be the greatest (Wayne and Kanye) we shouldn't be TOO worried about the future when Drake actually gives a damn when he's spitting (even more so than Wayne and West, which is a DAMN shame) and we'll always have people commited to give it their all like Em. Do I really like the song? Eh, it's servicable and I'd actually rather have just heard Drake and Em go for two verses apiece (really, really sad) but I'd rather hear this on the radio than that Lady GaGa remix. But that's not what's important, what's important is what this song MEANS to hip hop...and I'm pretty hopeful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Most Important Song Of The Year   N3R0's Thoughts On The Most Important Song Of The Year Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009, 7:21 pm

Steve's Thoughts on N3GR0's gay post:

Drake sucks

You suck

HIPHOP IS DEAD
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Most Important Song Of The Year   N3R0's Thoughts On The Most Important Song Of The Year Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009, 7:33 pm

N3GR0... lol

But, this sounds like a(n) (educated, to some extent) pop bopper review. Especially this part:

"2) Nobody is fucking with Em on the mic this day and age."

...Nobody is fucking with Em because he outspit Drake, 'Ye, and Wayne?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Most Important Song Of The Year   N3R0's Thoughts On The Most Important Song Of The Year Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009, 7:39 pm

No, because his verse is blistering and I don't know of anyone that could have outspit him on there.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Most Important Song Of The Year   N3R0's Thoughts On The Most Important Song Of The Year Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009, 8:08 pm

maybe Yela Wolf could have out spit him
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Most Important Song Of The Year   N3R0's Thoughts On The Most Important Song Of The Year Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009, 8:22 pm

were you really that impressed with Drake's verse...?

to me it was good but by no means a sign of a future hip hop great, not even close. That and his voice isn't that appealing to me. The song is pretty good, nothing more, Em destroys it though
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: N3R0's Thoughts On The Most Important Song Of The Year   N3R0's Thoughts On The Most Important Song Of The Year Icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2009, 8:25 pm