Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Political/Conscious Lyricists

Go down 
+4
parker lewis
Xcel
Dwight
Funk Seoul Brother
8 posters

Immortal Technique
Political/Conscious Lyricists Vote_lcap29%Political/Conscious Lyricists Vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
Talib Kweli
Political/Conscious Lyricists Vote_lcap0%Political/Conscious Lyricists Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Ice Cube
Political/Conscious Lyricists Vote_lcap6%Political/Conscious Lyricists Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Chuck D
Political/Conscious Lyricists Vote_lcap24%Political/Conscious Lyricists Vote_rcap
 24% [ 4 ]
Boots Riley
Political/Conscious Lyricists Vote_lcap12%Political/Conscious Lyricists Vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
Paris
Political/Conscious Lyricists Vote_lcap0%Political/Conscious Lyricists Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Mos Def
Political/Conscious Lyricists Vote_lcap18%Political/Conscious Lyricists Vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
Common
Political/Conscious Lyricists Vote_lcap11%Political/Conscious Lyricists Vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Speech
 0% [ 0 ]
Brother J
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage

Political/Conscious Lyricists Empty
PostSubject: Political/Conscious Lyricists   Political/Conscious Lyricists Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009, 9:01 am

Who you wit?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political/Conscious Lyricists   Political/Conscious Lyricists Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009, 9:07 am

From a strictly lyrical point of view? Mos Def my brother.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political/Conscious Lyricists   Political/Conscious Lyricists Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009, 9:12 am

I can't decide between Cube, Talib, Paris, and Immortal. Cube is a fav of mine hands down top 3, Talib is more consistant than Cube on the subject, Paris is more consistant than all of them message and album wise, and Tech is more vicious on the mic maybe than them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political/Conscious Lyricists   Political/Conscious Lyricists Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009, 9:18 am

Who cares about who has the better albums, or longevity, or anything. We are considering them on a strictly lyrical basis, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political/Conscious Lyricists   Political/Conscious Lyricists Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009, 9:20 am

I mentioned lyrics about all of them. And some sound betta than others on a album bases overall lyrically.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Political/Conscious Lyricists   Political/Conscious Lyricists Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009, 10:18 am

Immortal Technique.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political/Conscious Lyricists   Political/Conscious Lyricists Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009, 10:22 am

K-Rino.

But out of these I chose Chuck D
Back to top Go down
Dwight
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Political/Conscious Lyricists   Political/Conscious Lyricists Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009, 2:57 pm

Mos Def, followed by Common and Cube.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political/Conscious Lyricists   Political/Conscious Lyricists Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009, 4:12 pm

Chuck D all day. He's the gold standard for political MC's
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political/Conscious Lyricists   Political/Conscious Lyricists Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009, 4:20 pm

I went with CUbe because I luv the way he gives the message without sounding preachy or corny.
Back to top Go down
Xcel
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Xcel

PostSubject: Re: Political/Conscious Lyricists   Political/Conscious Lyricists Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009, 5:29 pm

This is way too hard, I will come back with my choice later...
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Political/Conscious Lyricists   Political/Conscious Lyricists Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2009, 8:40 pm

Black Thought
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Political/Conscious Lyricists   Political/Conscious Lyricists Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 2:14 am

Immortal Technique SUCKAS
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Political/Conscious Lyricists   Political/Conscious Lyricists Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 10:48 am

i went with Mos Def
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Political/Conscious Lyricists   Political/Conscious Lyricists Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 2:00 pm

I guess I don't quite consider Talib, Mos Def, or Common pure political lyricists like the other picks, so they're out for me. It's between Chuck D, Boots, Speech & Brother J for me....went with Boots.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political/Conscious Lyricists   Political/Conscious Lyricists Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 2:51 pm

KRS should have been in this catagory
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Political/Conscious Lyricists   Political/Conscious Lyricists Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 2:52 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

No shit!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political/Conscious Lyricists   Political/Conscious Lyricists Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 2:53 pm

Yeah him and Chuck D are neck and neck as far as Politicial/Conscious MC's go, but I probably would have voted KRS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political/Conscious Lyricists   Political/Conscious Lyricists Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 4:23 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

How in the hell did I 4get him??!!?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Political/Conscious Lyricists   Political/Conscious Lyricists Icon_minitimeSat 19 Sep 2009, 5:27 pm

Alan wrote:
I guess I don't quite consider Talib, Mos Def, or Common pure political lyricists like the other picks, so they're out for me. It's between Chuck D, Boots, Speech & Brother J for me....went with Boots.

its Political/Conscience.....not just political though
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Political/Conscious Lyricists   Political/Conscious Lyricists Icon_minitimeSun 20 Sep 2009, 11:08 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
Alan wrote:

its Political/Conscience.....not just political though

Still, those 3 miss the mark for this category IMO. That's just not what those 3 are all about. Chuck D, Boots, Speech, Brother J, KRS....these guys wear that political/conscience tag on their sleeve.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Political/Conscious Lyricists   Political/Conscious Lyricists Icon_minitimeMon 21 Sep 2009, 9:43 am

Mos, Talib, and Common WERE conscious rap in the 90s, Alan. I'm not sure where Common's head is at (I gotta have faith his intentions are still there), but the other two have never wavered.

I don't see how you can say they aren't conscious emcees. They gave that whole genre new life and the momentum to carry on in the underground.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political/Conscious Lyricists   Political/Conscious Lyricists Icon_minitimeMon 21 Sep 2009, 10:05 am

Immortal Tech wins right now I see.
Back to top Go down
boet
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
The REAL Ninja 'Round These Parts
boet

PostSubject: Re: Political/Conscious Lyricists   Political/Conscious Lyricists Icon_minitimeMon 21 Sep 2009, 11:31 am

damn..... so little support for boots. # 1 in my books
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Political/Conscious Lyricists   Political/Conscious Lyricists Icon_minitimeMon 21 Sep 2009, 6:57 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
Mos, Talib, and Common WERE conscious rap in the 90s, Alan. I'm not sure where Common's head is at (I gotta have faith his intentions are still there), but the other two have never wavered.

I don't see how you can say they aren't conscious emcees. They gave that whole genre new life and the momentum to carry on in the underground.

Ummm, the title of the thread is "Political/Conscious". I don't see Mos, Talib, or Common fitting the political part like the other picks do. Conscious describes too many emcees as it is. I'm not saying they don't have material like that, but it's not what they breathe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political/Conscious Lyricists   Political/Conscious Lyricists Icon_minitimeMon 21 Sep 2009, 6:59 pm

go back and listen to some albums baby bubba, because you CLEARLY have no idea what you are talking about.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Political/Conscious Lyricists   Political/Conscious Lyricists Icon_minitimeMon 21 Sep 2009, 7:06 pm

2Pac's Ghost wrote:
go back and listen to some albums baby bubba, because you CLEARLY have no idea what you are talking about.

Do you understand what I'm trying to say, Steve? I own all of Talib's albums, most of Mos Def's, and all of the Common Sense records. These guys are like a softer version of a real militant political rapper....many of which are up for vote. I don't really care though....just surprised to even see their names listed here when there are plenty other emcees who embody the term political more.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Political/Conscious Lyricists   Political/Conscious Lyricists Icon_minitimeTue 22 Sep 2009, 12:02 am

it doesnt matter....its political/conscience

/. A slash can mean both or either/or. Mos and Talib are absolutely political with more of a conscience side, whereas a guy like Immortal Technique is mostly political, doesnt mean he doesnt fit this category
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Political/Conscious Lyricists   Political/Conscious Lyricists Icon_minitimeTue 22 Sep 2009, 12:04 am

SLANG GET IN THE CHATBOX
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Political/Conscious Lyricists   Political/Conscious Lyricists Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Topic of the Day-
Jump to: