Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

(Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf)

Go down 
+2
Esco
Laced With Slang
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

(Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf) Empty
PostSubject: (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf)   (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf) Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 1:27 pm

new video off his album comin out

not gonna lie, im not realy familiar with Cage much, but im not feeling this

http://nahright.com/news/2009/05/18/video-cage-i-never-knew-you/

Last edited by Slang Editorial on Mon 18 May 2009, 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf)   (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf) Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 1:37 pm

I don't consider this hip hop.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf)   (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf) Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 1:38 pm

neither do i SRP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf)   (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf) Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 1:39 pm

With that out of the way... it's pretty dope IMO... don't know if he can keep up the intensity and focus for the entire album...
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf)   (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf) Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 1:58 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
neither do i SRP

Yea, his 2nd album doesn't really sound like Hip Hop but is straight fire by the way. That track he did with DJ Shadow is raww!! Id recommend you give him a listen, he's got great lyrics, but you might want to start with Movies For the Blind.
Back to top Go down
steez
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
steez

PostSubject: Re: (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf)   (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf) Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 6:28 pm

I heard Shia Leboufs going to play Cage in an autobiographical movie. I'm not really a fan of his music but dammn Cage had a fucked up life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf)   (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf) Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 7:01 pm

Cage is pretty weak.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf)   (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf) Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 7:30 pm

lol vernon
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf)   (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf) Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 7:43 pm

"I heard Shia Leboufs going to play Cage in an autobiographical movie. I'm not really a fan of his music but dammn Cage had a fucked up life."

Yeah, Shia is riding this dude pretty hard. I don't even know how they became friends. But Cage was on so many drugs, he said that he stopped counting or something like that. I need another battle between him and Slim Shady.

Who would win?
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf)   (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf) Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 8:24 pm

MarcoPolo wrote:
Cage is pretty weak.

this is going to be the 1st time I ever use this.... "SMHHHHHH" You've obviously never heard any of his music.

"Yeah, Shia is riding this dude pretty hard. I don't even know how they became friends. But Cage was on so many drugs, he said that he stopped counting or something like that. I need another battle between him and Slim Shady"

Cage is still ill (well Hell's Winter at least) but I don't think he's got that hardcore in him to take on Shady now-adays... im basing that on some of the stuff he's said on recent interview. Would be entertaining though.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf)   (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf) Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 8:31 pm

"Cage is still ill (well Hell's Winter at least) but I don't think he's got that hardcore in him to take on Shady now-adays... im basing that on some of the stuff he's said on recent interview. Would be entertaining though."

Yeah, I hear ya. His first two releases were pretty ill. Apparently, him and Shady had beef back then over who took who's style. So, who was right in that matter?
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf)   (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf) Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 8:36 pm

Yeah, I hear ya. His first two releases were pretty ill. Apparently, him and Shady had beef back then over who took who's style. So, who was right in that matter?[/quote]

I wasn't aware of the beef at the time, I was like 9, but it's obvious that Em stole what Cage had going. I have some Cage tracks from the early 90's and Em had a very similar sound to Cage around the SSLP era, where as he sounded like Nas in his first demo tape(according to people who criticized it).
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf)   (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf) Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 8:51 pm

"I have some Cage tracks from the early 90's and Em had a very similar sound to Cage around the SSLP era, where as he sounded like Nas in his first demo tape(according to people who criticized it)."

Oh ok. That's why Cage went at him. The funny thing is that Eminem has kept that style while Cage has diminished into an Emo rapping delivery.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf)   (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf) Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 8:53 pm

J. Harris wrote:
"I have some Cage tracks from the early 90's and Em had a very similar sound to Cage around the SSLP era, where as he sounded like Nas in his first demo tape(according to people who criticized it)."

Oh ok. That's why Cage went at him. The funny thing is that Eminem has kept that style while Cage has diminished into an Emo rapping delivery.

Ummm... IMO, Hell's Winter wasn't Emo, just a more serious album compared to Movies which was a straight up crazy album. I just downloaded the Free EP he released today, and I'll give you a judgement on what his new style is. Im not expecting his new album to bring as much heat as HW though.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf)   (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf) Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 9:21 pm

"Hell's Winter wasn't Emo"

Oh no. I didn't mean it that way. I'm just saying as of late, he has been following that style a little.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf)   (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf) Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 9:26 pm

J. Harris wrote:
"Hell's Winter wasn't Emo"

Oh no. I didn't mean it that way. I'm just saying as of late, he has been following that style a little.

Oh well, i just go the EP, I'll tell you if its emo tomorrow. Yea I Never Knew You ddidn't really sound like my cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf)   (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf) Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 9:29 pm

I'll check it out too man. But, if you finish the EP, let me know how it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf)   (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf) Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009, 11:57 pm

It's good, J.Harris. Not "emo" just mad "different". I don't hear him bitching so much as just rambling unintelligibly. Check out "It's the 80's Again" and if you don't like that don't check out the album. I think his full length will have more hip hop than this. He said he had 75% of the album done before Mu Tao died so I've gotta assume it's on some more traditional hip hop.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf)   (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf) Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009, 12:25 am

thank god 75% of it was done before Tau died. Im not really feeling the sound of the EP, its the 80's again was good, but some 3 of the other 4 tracks were ehh, and I really like Cage.
Back to top Go down
Haterex
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Haterex

PostSubject: Re: (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf)   (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf) Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 11:55 am

you guys are a bunch of haters. This is hip hop in and out. And it isn't the best shit Cage has ever done, but it ain't terrible. Some of you motherfuckers are retarded, if it's not an over grown thug rapping about guns and shit then you can't see it, c'mon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf)   (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf) Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 12:12 pm

Haterex wrote:
you guys are a bunch of haters. This is hip hop in and out. And it isn't the best shit Cage has ever done, but it ain't terrible. Some of you motherfuckers are retarded, if it's not an over grown thug rapping about guns and shit then you can't see it, c'mon.

Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf)   (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf) Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 4:10 pm

LOL ^^^

"if it's not an over grown thug rapping about guns and shit then you can't see it, c'mon."
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf)   (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf) Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009, 4:11 pm

By the way, Royce and Kid Vishis kill that song
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf)   (Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(Video) Cage - I Never Knew You (directed by Shia Lebouf)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: New Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: