Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Southern Reccomendations

Go down 
+2
Esco
T. Myers
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Southern Reccomendations Empty
PostSubject: Southern Reccomendations   Southern Reccomendations Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 2:27 pm

I'm looking for any classic southern albums (early to mid 90s preferably) as i've heard a lot of East and West coast classics but not Southern. I have heard albums by:

Outkast
UGK
Scarface
8Ball & MJG
Cunninlynguists

Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Southern Reccomendations   Southern Reccomendations Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 2:30 pm

Big Mike-Somethin Serious
Tela-Piece Of Mind
Goodie Mob-Soul Food
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southern Reccomendations   Southern Reccomendations Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 2:35 pm

Thanks i will check these out i've been sleeping on Soul Food for a while now. Heard good things about Big Mike too i forget where, probably on the Amazon forum before it kinda fell apart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southern Reccomendations   Southern Reccomendations Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 2:37 pm

Crooked Lettaz - Grey Skies
Juvenile - 400 Degreez
Mystikal - Unpredictable
Mr. Mike - Wicked Wayz
Lil' Keke - The Commission
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Southern Reccomendations   Southern Reccomendations Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 2:39 pm

Soul Food is a must. It's a flawless masterpiece. I tried to give a good variety. If you like Face and Rap A Lot, you should like Big Mike. If you like Eightball & MJG, you should like Tela. If you like Kast and the Dungeon Family, you should like Goodie Mob. If you need anything else just ask. Between myself, Kev, and SRP, we got the south covered for you.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Southern Reccomendations   Southern Reccomendations Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 2:43 pm

First real South album I got into was Ridin' Dirty by UGK. crap's so ill
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southern Reccomendations   Southern Reccomendations Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 2:51 pm

Great reccomendations Terry. Heard some songs from all three on youtube and whilst they're all dope, i think i need to get Soul Food first. Like that most and feel like I need to hear it in its entirity. Plus it's got Cee-Lo.

Gotta love Ridin' Dirty not a bad song on that album same for Super Tight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southern Reccomendations   Southern Reccomendations Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 3:32 pm

Poison Clan- 2 Low Life Muthas or Poisonous Mentality
Big Mello- Bone Hard ZAGGIN
South Circle- Another Day Another Baller
2 Live Crew- Nasty As They Wanna Be
Geto Boys- Grip It! On That Other Level and/or Till Death Do Us Part
K-Rino- Stories From The Black Book
Point Blank- Prone To Bad Dreams
Gangsta Pat- Usual Suspects

Those should get you hooked in no time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southern Reccomendations   Southern Reccomendations Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 3:41 pm

Also add:

Arrested Development- 3 Years, 5 Months, and 2 Days In the Life Of....
Witchdoctor- SWAT: Healin Ritual
Mac- Shell Shocked
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Southern Reccomendations   Southern Reccomendations Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 5:25 pm

Arrested Development - Since The Last Time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southern Reccomendations   Southern Reccomendations Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 5:50 pm

Haystak-From Start To Finish
TI-King
Devin The Dude-Just Tryin Ta Live
Ludacris-Word Of Mouf
Bubba Sparxx-Deliverance
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Southern Reccomendations   Southern Reccomendations Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 6:21 pm

Rehab - To Whom It May Consume & Southern Discomfort
Brooks Buford - Straight Outta Rehab
Anything Slow Loud And Bangin with a Promethazine Icy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southern Reccomendations   Southern Reccomendations Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 6:39 pm

Little Brother- The Minstrel Show, The Listening, and Chitlin Circuit 1.5

These guys are AWESOME! If you're a fan of ATCQ and/or De La Soul, you'll like Little Brother.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southern Reccomendations   Southern Reccomendations Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 6:50 pm

Every Ludacris album you can find. Theather Of The Mind, Back For The First Time, Word Of Mouf, Red Light District.
Back to top Go down
booerns
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
booerns

PostSubject: Re: Southern Reccomendations   Southern Reccomendations Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 8:33 pm

Not sure if you would really be that into it, but the Screwed Up Click has gone pretty much unmentioned so far in this post. They are the later 90s up to 2000, but here are a few of the best:

Fat Pat- Ghetto Dreams or Throwed In The Game
H.A.W.K. - Under Hawk's Wings
Big Moe - City of Syrup
Dead End Alliance - Screwed 4 Life
Big Steve - My Testimony
E.S.G. - Sailin' da The South

I am into the slowed down stuff, but this albums are classcis even if you hate the slowed down movement. There are a lot more like this I could suggest if you are into any of it

Also I have mentioned it before, but Guerilla Maab - Rise is one of my top 5 favorite albums
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Southern Reccomendations   Southern Reccomendations Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 8:44 pm

Booerns how are you going mention SUC and not mention Z-Ro? Check him out also ILLmatic.
Back to top Go down
booerns
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
booerns

PostSubject: Re: Southern Reccomendations   Southern Reccomendations Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2009, 9:35 pm

Z-Ro was not as much a part of SUC as those guys. He was part of the movement, but the guys I named are guys that chilled at Screws house and just flowed and released that stuff. All the 'Chapters' cds (I think they go up to like 200) are either famous chopped and screwed, or freestyles by Screws boys, an Z-Ro as not really a part of that.

Z-Ro is part of Guerilla Maab though so I did in a way mention him when I mentioned them.
If you do want a Z-Ro cd, I would recommend Z-Ro vs The World. There is no unamious best Ro cd, but I feel like vs the World is probably the most consistent, and displays most of Ro's versatility. I imagine you, SRP and all the connoisseurs of the south will have different favorite Z-Ro cds though.
Back to top Go down
SkinnyTheFloridian
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
SkinnyTheFloridian

PostSubject: Re: Southern Reccomendations   Southern Reccomendations Icon_minitimeSat 06 Jun 2009, 10:45 pm

Grandaddy Souf-Da Drought
Trick Daddy-Thug Holiday....whole catalog actually
Triple J-MLK BLVD...download off google if u can find it
Camoflauge-Strictly 4 The Streets
BG-Chopper City,Its All On U Vol. 1 & 2
Juvenile-400 Degreez
Dirty-The Pimp & Da Gangsta
Field Mob-Ashy To Classy,From Tha Roota To Tha Toota,Light Poles & Pine Trees
Master P-Ghetto D
JT Money & The Poison Clan-Greatest Hits or 2 Low Life Muthas,Poisonous Mentality
Pastor Troy-Face Off
Soulja Slim-The Streets Made Me
Paul Wall & Chamillionaire-Get Ya Mind Correct

....to name a few
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southern Reccomendations   Southern Reccomendations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Southern Reccomendations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: