Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter? Empty
PostSubject: Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter?   Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter? Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 5:58 pm

I'm going to start a series on this since I can't join chatbox.

Take your pick:

RA The Rugged Man

Rugged Intellect

Big Pun

Locksmith

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter?   Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter? Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 6:02 pm

I was gonna add a poll, but since I have to hide my ip to be on this site now I can't. So if one of the admins would like to add a poll with their own picks go for it.

Keep in mind I'm not saying these guys are huge biters or wack or whatever, I'm just asking who you think owes the most to one of the greats for their style. I think this is educational and hopefully can start some conversations. More to come on the daily, kids.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter?   Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter? Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 6:07 pm

Shit I also meant to have more people, here's some more obscure choices:

Big John

El Gant

Dan-E-O

Esoteric

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter?   Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter? Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 6:43 pm

I don't see how Pun is a G Rap biter.

He was influenced by Rakim, who influenced G Rap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter?   Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter? Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 6:45 pm

Actually he said a MILLION times that G Rap was his favorite mc and that he influenced him the most...but that's not the point.

Can't you pick somebody? And I also said I just saying "biter" for shorthand of "person most obviously influenced by G Rap"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter?   Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter? Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 6:47 pm

I'm gonna get mad flack for this, but I think Cormega falls in this catagory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter?   Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter? Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 6:52 pm

Really?

Any particular track that you feel shows good evidence of this? I've heard a lot of dude's material, and I can't say I've ever felt that way, but I'd just like to know what made you think that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter?   Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter? Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 6:54 pm

N3R0 wrote:
Really?

Any particular track that you feel shows good evidence of this? I've heard a lot of dude's material, and I can't say I've ever felt that way, but I'd just like to know what made you think that.

Don't get me wrong, I like dude. But his style is very similar to G Rap's. Moreso from the Firm/Realness/Testament days than now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter?   Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter? Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 6:57 pm

Hmm I'll have to listen to some of his old records again. I've only spun the Testament a couple times (I've never owned it) but don't really remember connecting much with it to even draw a comparison.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter?   Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter? Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 6:58 pm

I don't see Mega in this category. Maybe for the subject matter, but not rapping style at all. But, Mega actually lived all that ish, so he gets a pass, lol.

Pun, to me, is like G Rap with the quick delivery, subject matter, heavy lyricism filled with metaphors... I think I'm gonna vote for Pun on this. No knock to him, but that's the way I see it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter?   Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter? Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 7:05 pm

I agree, Shaun. I think Pun and RA are the most obvious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter?   Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter? Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009, 11:24 pm

Scarface shows some G Rap in his early flow

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter?   Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter? Icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2009, 12:02 am

Wow, I'd never really noticed that before but now that you say it Kev I can definitely hear a lil G Rap in Face's rhyme style. That disappeared pretty quick.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter?   Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter? Icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2009, 1:09 am

G Rap sounded like Face on Live & Let Die, so it all works out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter?   Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter? Icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2009, 10:11 am

Shaun wrote:
G Rap sounded like Face on Live & Let Die, so it all works out.

Exactly, fair trade off.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter?   Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter? Icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2009, 1:42 pm

RA Rugged Man is the most obvious to me
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

PostSubject: Re: Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter?   Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter? Icon_minitimeWed 21 Oct 2009, 10:01 am

Scarface is gay and a worthless rapper. fuck Scarface hes a piece of shit. dont even bring that fagget ass bitch up when talking about G. and kev your a fag. and this forum sucks. i didnt think it was possible but this forum is worse without steve. im gone. shouldnt have come back
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter?   Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter? Icon_minitimeWed 21 Oct 2009, 10:07 am

DELETE wrote:
Scarface is gay and a worthless rapper. fuck Scarface hes a piece of shit. dont even bring that fagget ass bitch up when talking about G. and kev your a fag. and this forum sucks. i didnt think it was possible but this forum is worse without steve. im gone. shouldnt have come back

What!?! Where did that come from? Fa real.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter?   Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter? Icon_minitimeWed 21 Oct 2009, 10:52 am

DELETE wrote:

way to be a piece of shit, whoever you are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter?   Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter? Icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct 2009, 12:13 am

that was gza.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter?   Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter? Icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct 2009, 12:17 am

N3R0 wrote:
that was gza.

smh... what the fuck set him off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter?   Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter? Icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct 2009, 12:31 am

not a clue.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter?   Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter? Icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct 2009, 6:45 pm

Wow--this forum hit skid row. Alot of these dudes got mental problems. There girls must be cheating on them and they pissed off. They know their girls are fucking around with their best friends but they still stick with them and take it out on this forum.

I definitely say Big Pun is the biggest though. Kool G Rap even admitted that he [Pun] took that G.Rap style to another level
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter?   Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who is the biggest Kool G Rap biter?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Old Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: