Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Izm & Blues is the best produced 94' album.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Izm & Blues is the best produced 94' album. Empty
PostSubject: Izm & Blues is the best produced 94' album.   Izm & Blues is the best produced 94' album. Icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct 2009, 6:35 pm

Yep, I even think the production outweighs Nas's Illmatic. If you haven't heard HardToObtain's Izm & Blues than you can't comment. Granted there's nothing on there that can fuck with Pete Rock's The World Is Yours. But song for song Izm & Blues is crushing anything that dropped in 94'. And if you got the CD there are 2 bonus tracks that both carried the best beats on the album JokersWorld 2 and LI Grove (Remix). Although the lyricism is average,but still good enough to hold your attention and they ride those well crafted beats quite well. The beats dont try anything new but stays consistent with that kick-snare jazz sound. But these beats are so multi-layered I catch something new everytime I listen to them. Its a trip these guys were down with KMD (even though they weren't on the album) and had a rest in peace shot-out interlude dedicated to Sub-Roc were one of the MCs refered to Zeff Love X as Doomalac (this is waay before the emergance of MF Doom). This album was the first album Ive bought( or re-puchased since 94') off the internet granted it was impossible to find this album even when record stores were still open like WereHouse Music.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Izm & Blues is the best produced 94' album.   Izm & Blues is the best produced 94' album. Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 9:21 pm

I guess everyone is in agree-al then
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Izm & Blues is the best produced 94' album.   Izm & Blues is the best produced 94' album. Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009, 11:07 pm

The album is entitled "Ism & Blues" as far as I know. And the album is dope as hell. I'll spin it again soon...it's been a while...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Izm & Blues is the best produced 94' album.   Izm & Blues is the best produced 94' album. Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009, 6:11 am

This is 5 stars to me too. They remind me a bit of artifacts actually. Street dwellers and LI Groove were my favorite tracks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Izm & Blues is the best produced 94' album.   Izm & Blues is the best produced 94' album. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Izm & Blues is the best produced 94' album.
Page 1 of 1