Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top Hip-Hop Singles #39

Go down 
+2
Alan
Z-membu
6 posters

It Takes Two
Top 25
Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Vote_lcap33%Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 4 ]
Top 50
Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Vote_lcap25%Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
Top 75
Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Vote_lcap8%Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Top 100
Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Vote_lcap17%Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Neither
Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Vote_lcap17%Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage

Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Empty
PostSubject: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009, 8:31 pm

It Takes Two- Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009, 8:39 pm

I'd put this one in the top 30. It's a definate classic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009, 8:44 pm

Gangsta Zol wrote:
I'd put this one in the top 30. It's a definate classic.

Co-Sign, it's easily one of the all-time greatest party songs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009, 11:05 pm

I had to give this one an objective top 25 easily. One of the most recognized hip hop trks ever. This is a fa sho party starter!
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009, 11:42 pm

top 50 for me
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Nov 2009, 11:57 pm

smh @ people slobbing over this song. It's cool for what it is, but top 30? Top 25? I don't think so. Not even close
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Nov 2009, 1:47 am

T. Myers wrote:
smh @ people slobbing over this song. It's cool for what it is, but top 30? Top 25? I don't think so. Not even close

I think it's because you're a white boy from the South that you can't appreciate this song as much as the rest of us. It's a slam dunk classic and will get the dance floors packed at ANY club or party around the world even today. I love it!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Nov 2009, 1:52 am

But I bet you hate Marky Mark, even though the songs are nearly identical.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Nov 2009, 1:54 am

N3R0 wrote:
But I bet you hate Marky Mark, even though the songs are nearly identical.

Rob Base is a better MC than Markey Mark, the beats are similar but not completely identical.

While I dislike Mark as a rapper, he's an excellent actor.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Nov 2009, 2:28 am

Terry's from Detroit...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Nov 2009, 8:06 am

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

I think it's because you're a white boy from the South that you can't appreciate this song as much as the rest of us. It's a slam dunk classic and will get the dance floors packed at ANY club or party around the world even today. I love it!!

Wow, could you be any more ignorant? Pounds voted top 50. I guess a white boy from MN can enjoy, but a white boy from Detroit can't?!?!?!? It has nothing to do with skin color. this song is cut from the same cloth Can't Touch This, Ice ice Baby, and Baby Got Back. They're all great party tracks and what not, but trust me. There are plenty of singles better than this.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Nov 2009, 8:39 am

multiple KRS/BDP singles
Multiple PE singles
Colors
White Lines
The Message
Rapper's Delight
One Love
Scenario
Nothin but a G Thang
Deep Cover
California Love
So Many Tears
Dear Mama
Brenda's Got A Baby
I Get Around
Regulate
Juicy
Quiet Storm
Shook Ones pt 2
Mind Playin Tricks
Never Seen A Man Cry
The Symphony
TROY
C.R.E.A.M.
Triumph
I'll Be There For You/You're All I Need to Get By
Stan
Tha Crossroads
1st of Tha Month
Gangsta's Paradise
One Mic
I'm Bad
Mama Said Knock You Out
I can't Live Without My Radio
Just A Friend
ATLiens
Rosa Parks
BOB
Ms. Jackson
Cell Therapy
They Don't Dance No Mo
Fight For Your Right
Sabotage
multiple Run DMC singles
multiple Rakim singles
Big Poppa
Hypnotize
One More Chance(Remix)
OPP
Me, Myself, and I
I Get The Job Done
Now That We've Found Love
The Show
Children's Story
It Was A Good Day
Hip Hop Hooray
Uptown Anthem
Feel Me Flow
Push It

and many many more that are better than this song. I'll ask again top 25? top 30? GTFOH with that garbage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Nov 2009, 2:21 pm

T. Myers wrote:
multiple KRS/BDP singles
Multiple PE singles
Colors
White Lines
The Message
Rapper's Delight
One Love
Scenario
Nothin but a G Thang
Deep Cover
California Love
So Many Tears
Dear Mama
Brenda's Got A Baby
I Get Around
Regulate
Juicy
Quiet Storm
Shook Ones pt 2
Mind Playin Tricks
Never Seen A Man Cry
The Symphony
TROY
C.R.E.A.M.
Triumph
Stan
Tha Crossroads
1st of Tha Month
Gangsta's Paradise
One Mic
I'm Bad
Mama Said Knock You Out
Just A Friend
ATLiens
Rosa Parks
BOB
Ms. Jackson
Cell Therapy
They Don't Dance No Mo
Fight For Your Right
Sabotage
multiple Run DMC singles
multiple Rakim singles
Big Poppa
Hypnotize
One More Chance(Remix)
OPP
Me, Myself, and I
I Get The Job Done
The Show
Children's Story
It Was A Good Day
Hip Hop Hooray
Uptown Anthem
Feel Me Flow
Push It

and many many more that are better than this song. I'll ask again top 25? top 30? GTFOH with that garbage.

Well I apologize for getting your location wrong and stereotyping, but I DON'T apologize for my opinion of this song. I personally love it and feel that it's easily a Top 30 song. Could be a Top 25 song on a good day. I like it better than a LOT of songs you just mentioned. LOL at you pulling a Powell with your list of tracks.

As for you saying that this song is from the same cloth as those wack songs you named by Vanilla Ice, Hammer, Young MC, and the like, that's BULLSHIT. This song ranks highly on virtually EVERY list of all time great songs I've ever seen.

Rob Base may not have been the dopest lyricist, but he's better than those clowns. As I said before, this song is a TIMELESS CLASSIC. It's a song that will fill up dance floors forever, as well as one that you'll hear bumpin out of car stereos forever.

If you don't like the song, that's fine. But saying that this couldn't objectively be a Top 25-30 song is just plain ignorant when hip hop heads young and old love it and STILL bump it to this day.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Nov 2009, 3:28 pm

Young MC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rob Base
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Nov 2009, 4:18 pm

T. Myers wrote:
this song is cut from the same cloth Can't Touch This, Ice ice Baby, and Baby Got Back. They're all great party tracks and what not, but trust me. There are plenty of singles better than this.

There may be better singles out there, but I personally think "It Takes Two" is a far better hip-hop song those those 3 you listed. I'm big on golden age pop-rap, so maybe that's why it ranks higher with me.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Nov 2009, 4:19 pm

Shaun wrote:

LOL...I actually do agree with this.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Nov 2009, 11:03 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
multiple KRS/BDP singles
Multiple PE singles
Colors
White Lines
The Message
Rapper's Delight
One Love
Scenario
Nothin but a G Thang
Deep Cover
California Love
So Many Tears
Dear Mama
Brenda's Got A Baby
I Get Around
Regulate
Juicy
Quiet Storm
Shook Ones pt 2
Mind Playin Tricks
Never Seen A Man Cry
The Symphony
TROY
C.R.E.A.M.
Triumph
Stan
Tha Crossroads
1st of Tha Month
Gangsta's Paradise
One Mic
I'm Bad
Mama Said Knock You Out
Just A Friend
ATLiens
Rosa Parks
BOB
Ms. Jackson
Cell Therapy
They Don't Dance No Mo
Fight For Your Right
Sabotage
multiple Run DMC singles
multiple Rakim singles
Big Poppa
Hypnotize
One More Chance(Remix)
OPP
Me, Myself, and I
I Get The Job Done
The Show
Children's Story
It Was A Good Day
Hip Hop Hooray
Uptown Anthem
Feel Me Flow
Push It

Well I apologize for getting your location wrong and stereotyping, but I DON'T apologize for my opinion of this song. I personally love it and feel that it's easily a Top 30 song. Could be a Top 25 song on a good day. I like it better than a LOT of songs you just mentioned. LOL at you pulling a Powell with your list of tracks.

As for you saying that this song is from the same cloth as those wack songs you named by Vanilla Ice, Hammer, Young MC, and the like, that's BULLSHIT. This song ranks highly on virtually EVERY list of all time great songs I've ever seen.

Rob Base may not have been the dopest lyricist, but he's better than those clowns. As I said before, this song is a TIMELESS CLASSIC. It's a song that will fill up dance floors forever, as well as one that you'll hear bumpin out of car stereos forever.

If you don't like the song, that's fine. But saying that this couldn't objectively be a Top 25-30 song is just plain ignorant when hip hop heads young and old love it and STILL bump it to this day.

well, go ahead big fella. eliminate the songs that don't belong. I dare you. You can't do it without looking like a fool, and you know it. I can give you plenty of lists that don't include this song, and it's especially absent from the top 50. It could objectively be top 25, but i can also say you're objectively a fool for doing so.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Nov 2009, 11:06 pm

Alan wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
this song is cut from the same cloth Can't Touch This, Ice ice Baby, and Baby Got Back. They're all great party tracks and what not, but trust me. There are plenty of singles better than this.

There may be better singles out there, but I personally think "It Takes Two" is a far better hip-hop song those those 3 you listed. I'm big on golden age pop-rap, so maybe that's why it ranks higher with me.

It very well may be better, and i wouldn't argue that. However, i like Baby Got Back more rather easily, and i love the samples in the other two so they rank highly as well. Just because an artist is wack, doesn't mean they can't hit the mark with a single or two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009, 2:58 am

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
multiple KRS/BDP singles
Multiple PE singles
Colors
White Lines
The Message
Rapper's Delight
One Love
Scenario
Nothin but a G Thang
Deep Cover
California Love
So Many Tears
Dear Mama
Brenda's Got A Baby
I Get Around
Regulate
Juicy
Quiet Storm
Shook Ones pt 2
Mind Playin Tricks
Never Seen A Man Cry
The Symphony
TROY
C.R.E.A.M.
Triumph
Stan
Tha Crossroads
1st of Tha Month
Gangsta's Paradise
One Mic
I'm Bad
Mama Said Knock You Out
Just A Friend
ATLiens
Rosa Parks
BOB
Ms. Jackson
Cell Therapy
They Don't Dance No Mo
Fight For Your Right
Sabotage
multiple Run DMC singles
multiple Rakim singles
Big Poppa
Hypnotize
One More Chance(Remix)
OPP
Me, Myself, and I
I Get The Job Done
The Show
Children's Story
It Was A Good Day
Hip Hop Hooray
Uptown Anthem
Feel Me Flow
Push It

well, go ahead big fella. eliminate the songs that don't belong. I dare you. You can't do it without looking like a fool, and you know it. I can give you plenty of lists that don't include this song, and it's especially absent from the top 50. It could objectively be top 25, but i can also say you're objectively a fool for doing so.

I don't have the time nor the patience to do that shit. You're just basically being an asshole just because you disagree with me. Honestly, I don't care if you dislike this song. I love it, as do the vast majority of hip-hop fans. It's a timeless classic that will be remembered and played forever. If I was wrong about that, then it wouldn't have gotten (or continue to get) as much airplay as it has over the years.

You're the only one here who's bitched about the song being ranked highly, hence you're in the minority. Different strokes for different folks. Nothing more, nothing less.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009, 3:00 am

Alan wrote:
Shaun wrote:

LOL...I actually do agree with this.

Not me.

It Takes Two and Joy and Pain >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anything Young MC's ever done.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009, 7:43 am

The FACT is you can't eliminate enough of the songs i mentioned in favor of this song without looking like a fool. You know it, and I know it. Either put up or shut up. I'd be fine with either. Either way, you're gonna look like a dumb ass or a pussy. The choice is yours. You wear both hats well.

Oh, Ice Ice Baby, Can't Touch This, Bust a Move, and Baby Got Back have gotten just as much airplay as this, but you seem to discount them. So essentially you have different criteria to suit your argument. Therefore, your opinion is shit because it's flimsy and it doesn't hold water.

One more thing, when did i say i dislike this song? I didn't. You assumed. You looked like a fool. You just got owned.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009, 11:11 am

T. Myers wrote:
The FACT is you can't eliminate enough of the songs i mentioned in favor of this song without looking like a fool. You know it, and I know it. Either put up or shut up. I'd be fine with either. Either way, you're gonna look like a dumb ass or a pussy. The choice is yours. You wear both hats well.

Oh, Ice Ice Baby, Can't Touch This, Bust a Move, and Baby Got Back have gotten just as much airplay as this, but you seem to discount them. So essentially you have different criteria to suit your argument. Therefore, your opinion is shit because it's flimsy and it doesn't hold water.

One more thing, when did i say i dislike this song? I didn't. You assumed. You looked like a fool. You just got owned.

I would give Bust A Move the leg-up on "It Takes Two". Young MC is way underrated IMO. Principal's Office and Know How are better too IMO.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009, 11:25 am

I like Bust a Move better too. I dig Young MC. He's an underrated writer at the very least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009, 1:12 pm

T. Myers wrote:

Man fuck you Terry, you're the fuckin pussy that was whining about people saying that this song is Top 30. I could play your game, but I DON'T WANT TO because it's a waste of time. It's just gonna end the argument the same way we began it, which is disagreeing.

Of the four songs you mentioned, they got a lot of airplay back then but only Baby Got Back STILL gets airplay today, and even that doesn't get as much as It Takes Two. Baby Got Back got more props for the video than the song itself. I wasn't discounting them, I was just saying that it was bullshit to say that those songs are in the same vein.

And if you don't dislike the song, WHY did you bitch about people liking it so much? Doesn't make any fucking sense and it makes YOU look like a fool. YOU JUST GOT OWNED.

As for Young MC, Bust a Move was an ok song but It Takes Two trumps it 1000 times over IMO. It Takes Two gets more love from diehard hip hop heads and more play on hip hop radio stations and clubs.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009, 1:59 pm

It looks like you've chosen to take the pussy route. I mean how hard is it to list 29 songs off of my list that are better? How exactly did i get owned? because i said i didn't hate it? i mean i could vote top 100 for the song and my argument would still be the same? Don't make statements you can't back up. it's as simple as that. You're a pussy or a dumb ass on this thread. There is no other option for you. And no matter what you say about me, your decision will reflect which category you fall into. There is no way around that for you, and EVERYONE who reads this thread will know that. Checkmate bitch.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009, 4:51 pm

I've got this one in my top 100!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009, 5:03 pm

T. Myers wrote:
It looks like you've chosen to take the pussy route. I mean how hard is it to list 29 songs off of my list that are better? How exactly did i get owned? because i said i didn't hate it? i mean i could vote top 100 for the song and my argument would still be the same? Don't make statements you can't back up. it's as simple as that. You're a pussy or a dumb ass on this thread. There is no other option for you. And no matter what you say about me, your decision will reflect which category you fall into. There is no way around that for you, and EVERYONE who reads this thread will know that. Checkmate bitch.

Awwww you're gonna cry because I didn't play your game??? Huh, you want your pacifer?? Awww poor baby!

You got OWNED because you bitched and moaned about a song's rating that everyone else voted in favor of.

You got OWNED because I was correct in EVERY point I made about this song, and you dismissed it just because I wouldn't play your bullshit game.

You got OWNED because it made no sense for you to whine if you like the song.

Most of all, you got OWNED because you're beating a dead horse. It made no sense for me to play your game when it would only end in us disagreeing regardless.

You're the one that came up as the pussy on this thread. You're STILL crying like a little bitch.

All you need to know is that It Takes Two is among my Top 30 songs of all time. If you disagree, I don't give a fuck. Game Over assclown, go kick rocks!!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009, 5:18 pm

hahahahaha!!!!!!!!! Still scared to face the music? You're a pussy and everyone knows it now. You're a scared little bitch living in a man's world. Why don't you PM Powell again and ask if you should stay or go. hahahahaha!!!!!!! Everyone knows i owned you. I'm not crying. I stated an opinion, and you turned into a racist bigot that CAN'T defend your argument. Cowards ass pussy motherfucker. Real men defend their arguments not run from them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009, 9:04 pm

T. Myers wrote:
hahahahaha!!!!!!!!! Still scared to face the music? You're a pussy and everyone knows it now. You're a scared little bitch living in a man's world. Why don't you PM Powell again and ask if you should stay or go. hahahahaha!!!!!!! Everyone knows i owned you. I'm not crying. I stated an opinion, and you turned into a racist bigot that CAN'T defend your argument. Cowards ass pussy motherfucker. Real men defend their arguments not run from them.

Real men don't hide behind a fucking computer screen for their tough talk. Dude, I'm FAR from a pussy. Face to face, I could easily whoop your punk ass any day of the week. You didn't own shit. You're just mad because I didn't play your stupid game. It was pointless so I refused to play. I defended my argument well by stating WHY I felt that the song was worthy of Top 30 but YOU'RE TOO FUCKING STUPID to see that. I fear NOTHING except God.

You don't know me other than what I've posted here, so your opinion of me means nothing. And nobodies even paying attention to your little menstral cycle rant you're having so all that "Everybody knows I owned you" bullshit is simply that....BULLSHIT!

I'm always open to a friendly debate and you know that. But I didn't feel the need to participate in this one because neither of us was going to change the other ones opinion no matter what was said.

In the future though, if you come at me with disrespect, then expect the same shit in return.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009, 9:18 pm

Once again you're still a coward and a dumb hypocrite to boot. You say real men don't hide behind computers, and then you proceed to insult and threaten me. You started it, and i'm never gonna let it go. I will respond to every time you respond, and this thread will always stay at the top. Therefore your stupidity will always be on display. It's best to just put this behind you and chalk it up as a learning experience. I've owned you since day one, and if you'd care to look up to the top of the thread, you'd notice that you started this. I'm just finishing this. I'll always bee one step ahead of you KJ. Remember that. I smell another PM to Powell. It's ok. Just cry openly. The cat's out of the bag now. Maybe you should hook up with Dorothy and Toto so you can see the wizard and get some courage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009, 9:53 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Once again you're still a coward and a dumb hypocrite to boot. You say real men don't hide behind computers, and then you proceed to insult and threaten me. You started it, and i'm never gonna let it go. I will respond to every time you respond, and this thread will always stay at the top. Therefore your stupidity will always be on display. It's best to just put this behind you and chalk it up as a learning experience. I've owned you since day one, and if you'd care to look up to the top of the thread, you'd notice that you started this. I'm just finishing this. I'll always bee one step ahead of you KJ. Remember that. I smell another PM to Powell. It's ok. Just cry openly. The cat's out of the bag now. Maybe you should hook up with Dorothy and Toto so you can see the wizard and get some courage.

Fool, I never threatened you. You're the one that came at with insults FIRST, so I retaliated. If you can't take shit, don't dish it out.

Because I didn't want to play your game that you and I both know wasn't going to solve anything or change anyone's opinions, that makes me a coward?? Fool please!!! Get over yourself. You need something to make yourself feel badass, so you're using that as a scapegoat. I ain't no fuckin coward. I'm just intelligent to know what's worth debating and what isn't.

I did NOT start this. You did by complaining about everyone loving this song, and I just responded to that outburst. I then apologized for stereotyping, yet you continued to call me out of my name just because I defended how much I like this song and thought it was pointless to play the game you wanted me to play.

Had I played it all it would have resulted in was you saying that It Takes Two wasn't better than any of the songs that I rank it over, and you'd continue with your juvenile insults. That's pointless.

As for you being a step ahead of me, that's IN YOUR MIND ONLY! And keep your day job, you seriously wouldn't make it as a comedian. The jokes you're trying to crack aren't funny at all, and you don't own me in any way.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009, 9:55 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

This isn't you starting it? You got things twisted my man. This one is all on you. You tried to pull my card, and you ended up looking like a pussy and a bitch.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009, 9:58 pm

Oh, and saying you stand by your opinion, but refusing to to specifically name which songs are better and which ones are not makes you a coward and a bitch. You don't really stand by your opinion by refusing to defend it. Now it's time for you to take off the hat with the Mickey Mouse ears and man up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009, 10:16 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Oh, and saying you stand by your opinion, but refusing to to specifically name which songs are better and which ones are not makes you a coward and a bitch. You don't really stand by your opinion by refusing to defend it. Now it's time for you to take off the hat with the Mickey Mouse ears and man up.

It's pretty clear that you were dropped on your head too many times as a kid. Hop off the short bus, clean the wax out of your ears and pay attention for once. I defended my opinion above already, but since you're slow, I'll repeat myself.

I defended my opinion by stating the song's obvious popularity. It's been bumpin in clubs, parties, home and car stereos for over 20 years. It's got recognizable lyrics, it's got a dope beat, and it's been certified platinum.

It's an immortal song. Hip hop heads young and old love it. Hip Hop heads both hardcore and commercial love it. Hip Hop Heads both diehard and casual love it. While no song is 100% loved, I'd say that this one is revered by at least 80% or better of Hip-Hop Nation.

Play this song at ANY club or house party in the country and the dance floor will be full even if it was previously empty. Play this song riding down the street during spring break or Mardi Gras and women will pay attention to you. This is a song that people will listen to forever and someone in the crowd will be like "That's My Shit!!!"

I'd say that's an extremely convincing argument. While it likely won't change your opinion of the song, I've made a very strong argument as to why this song is so universally loved. It's truly a timeless classic.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009, 10:23 pm

We get it. It's a great party track, but why does that make it better than all but 29 of the songs i listed. That's what i want you to explain, but you refuse to do so. It's apparent you're doing what you're doing out of spite now. You don't want to give in to me, and that's to be expected. However, if it was something that you could have easily done, you would have done so already, but you know you're in a lose-lose situation.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009, 10:25 pm

Oh, good job avoiding the post where you started this whole thing. That was brilliant move. I guess you thought i wouldn't notice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009, 10:37 pm

T. Myers wrote:
We get it. It's a great party track, but why does that make it better than all but 29 of the songs i listed. That's what i want you to explain, but you refuse to do so. It's apparent you're doing what you're doing out of spite now. You don't want to give in to me, and that's to be expected. However, if it was something that you could have easily done, you would have done so already, but you know you're in a lose-lose situation.

How am I in a lose-lose situation? Because I'm not convincing you why it's a Top 30 song to me??

I think it's the opposite, It's YOU that's doing this out of spite. You want me to sit here and name the songs that you listed yesterday and say which I rank this song over, and I don't feel like doing that because you're only gonna disagree and it will solve nothing because neither of us are going to change our opinions. You know that as well as I do.

This is all opinion anyways. I didn't say what I said to change your opinion. I said what I said because you were saying that this couldn't possibly be a Top 30 track even objectively. IMO this is a Top 30 song for all the reasons I mentioned. I've given this song frequent airplay since it was released in 1988 and will do so for as long as I live, thousands of other hip-hop fans feel the same way.

If this couldn't objectively be a Top 30 song, it wouldn't have garnered the attention it's gotten and continues to get. I'm a rather diverse hip-hop listener. While songs with profound lyrics are my absolute favorites, I also dig a number of party songs. This is easily one of the dopest party songs of all time IMO, hence it rates highly on my list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009, 10:40 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Oh, good job avoiding the post where you started this whole thing. That was brilliant move. I guess you thought i wouldn't notice.

I didn't even see that until AFTER I had posted just now. But as I told you earlier, I apologized for stereotyping, as you can see....

T. Myers wrote:
multiple KRS/BDP singles
Multiple PE singles
Colors
White Lines
The Message
Rapper's Delight
One Love
Scenario
Nothin but a G Thang
Deep Cover
California Love
So Many Tears
Dear Mama
Brenda's Got A Baby
I Get Around
Regulate
Juicy
Quiet Storm
Shook Ones pt 2
Mind Playin Tricks
Never Seen A Man Cry
The Symphony
TROY
C.R.E.A.M.
Triumph
Stan
Tha Crossroads
1st of Tha Month
Gangsta's Paradise
One Mic
I'm Bad
Mama Said Knock You Out
Just A Friend
ATLiens
Rosa Parks
BOB
Ms. Jackson
Cell Therapy
They Don't Dance No Mo
Fight For Your Right
Sabotage
multiple Run DMC singles
multiple Rakim singles
Big Poppa
Hypnotize
One More Chance(Remix)
OPP
Me, Myself, and I
I Get The Job Done
The Show
Children's Story
It Was A Good Day
Hip Hop Hooray
Uptown Anthem
Feel Me Flow
Push It

Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009, 10:46 pm

KJ, there are plenty of songs that have garnered plenty of attention that wouldn't desrve even a nomination. so i'm not sure you have much if any point there.

You're in a lose-lose situation because you lose respect for not answering my questions or you look foolish for picking It Takes Two over any number of dope songs. You can keep reciting the same old lines if you like, but trust me. The damage to your reputation has already been done. Your damage control won't work.

And there is no way i can respect anyone objectively listing this as a top 30 song. I mean it's not out of the realm of possibility for someone to say top 30, but it doesn't make it smart.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009, 10:48 pm

Oh, i know you apologized, but it doesn't change the fact that you went on the attack first. Does it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009, 11:09 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ, there are plenty of songs that have garnered plenty of attention that wouldn't desrve even a nomination. so i'm not sure you have much if any point there.

You're in a lose-lose situation because you lose respect for not answering my questions or you look foolish for picking It Takes Two over any number of dope songs. You can keep reciting the same old lines if you like, but trust me. The damage to your reputation has already been done. Your damage control won't work.

And there is no way i can respect anyone objectively listing this as a top 30 song. I mean it's not out of the realm of possibility for someone to say top 30, but it doesn't make it smart.

All you did is prove my point for me, which is that neither of us are going to change our opinions no matter what arguments are made. I answered your questions and gave you reasons why I feel it's a Top 30 song, you're just not trying to hear them which is what I expected. Hence, this debate is POINTLESS.

Damage to my reputation? C'Mon Son, GTFOH with that bullshit!!! I don't give a fuck what the people in this forum think of me. The only opinions that matter to me are those of my loved ones, and they know the REAL me. All this talk of me being a pussy and a coward are completely FALSE, you're just talking out of your ass with that bullshit.

All I know is that a whole lot of people both in and out of this forum feel that this is a Top 30 song. I've seen this rated Top 10 by some people. I'm sure that there's some songs that you consider Top 30 that I'd completely disagree with. But that's the beauty of an opinion. Everybody has them.

I'm done arguing about this because nothing has been solved nor will anything be solved by continuing to do so. You can reply if you want to, but you'll be wasting your time.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009, 11:14 pm

Well, It's probably a good thing to not care what people here think of you, but if you don't care why do you go to Powell for advice, and why di you let people get you to the verge of leaving. I guess you cared more than you're letting on.

Man, i could understand you liking more than one or two no brainers, but there are far too many no brainers left for you to rank this top 30 IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2009, 11:22 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Well, It's probably a good thing to not care what people here think of you, but if you don't care why do you go to Powell for advice, and why di you let people get you to the verge of leaving. I guess you cared more than you're letting on.

Man, i could understand you liking more than one or two no brainers, but there are far too many no brainers left for you to rank this top 30 IMO.

I went to him for advice because I got tired of being attacked for my opinions, not because I care what people here think of me.

It Takes Two is a no brainer IMO. It's easily one of the dopest party songs of all time and tons of people share that opinion.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov 2009, 2:13 pm

Top 25 in my book. This track still gets people on te floor 20 years after its release.

Oh, and Rob Base is a better rapper than Marky Mark. They are not identical at all; not even in sound. Mark was a less sugary, less talented version of Vanilla Ice. Check the albums...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #39   Top Hip-Hop Singles #39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top Hip-Hop Singles #39
Page 1 of 1