Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What u buyin?

Go down 
+7
Norfeest
Alan
Shaun
Half
ACRID"
T. Myers
Laced With Slang
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 1:31 am

Snoop comes out

BG comes out

Clipes comes out

Timbaland comes out

sure I'm missing something on the undaground.

I preordered snoop and BG and dem joints already shipped

yeeeee
Back to top Go down

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 1:40 am

Wifey is buying me Kokaine Kowboyz.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 2:07 am

im buying Souls of Mischief...Clipse was gonna be a must buy but ive heard mixed things, Snoop maybe and BG maybe
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 8:43 am

Well, BG is the only one i'm really excited about. He's easily the best Hot Boy. Snoop will be bought because it's only $7.99, and i already own the rest of his discography. It doesn't make much sense for me not to pick it up. I'm on the fence about Timbaland and Clipse. I'm also picking up Public Enemies on Tuesday. It's a dope movie, and Johnny Depp shows why he's still the best actor in the business today.
Back to top Go down

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 9:13 am

Nothing, I heard samples of that Clipse and its aiight, not a fan of Timberland like that, and I need to hear that Snooop 1st. Never really fooled with BG for full albums.
Back to top Go down

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 10:02 am

I'd pick up that public enemies but I haven't seen it on sale like it needs to be for me to buy... easily one of the best movies I've seen this year.
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
ACRID

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 11:40 am

Bunny Man wrote:
I'd pick up that public enemies but I haven't seen it on sale like it needs to be for me to buy... easily one of the best movies I've seen this year.

Really wanna see this...same director that filmed 'Heat' with Deniro/Pacino......im really into organized crime/crime noir, so ill definitely check this out..
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 11:44 am

The Homie, Acrid wrote:
Bunny Man wrote:

Really wanna see this...same director that filmed 'Heat' with Deniro/Pacino......im really into organized crime/crime noir, so ill definitely check this out..

It's not as good as Heat. it's not as sprawling or as epic, but it's easily better than his past few films(Ali, Collateral, and Miami Vice).
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 12:16 pm

Miami Vice

ugghh..to think i went to the theaters to see this piece of shit..i could barely sit thru this-i swear i changed sitting positions 50+ times....(ditto with GI JOE)

the only thing that has me is the polished image of Dillinger..cosign Terrys statement about Depp..but it looks like they romanticized a little too much..its whatever though...
Back to top Go down

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 2:07 pm

T. Myers wrote:
The Homie, Acrid wrote:
Bunny Man wrote:

It's not as good as Heat. it's not as sprawling or as epic, but it's easily better than his past few films(Ali, Collateral, and Miami Vice).

I'm not sure if I'd put Public Enemies over Collateral, but it was dope.

As for hip-hop albums. Clipse is the only one that really interests me because I loved Lord Willin and Hell Hath No Fury. That said, I'll try before I buy.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 2:09 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
The Homie, Acrid wrote:
Bunny Man wrote:

As for hip-hop albums. Clipse is the only one that really interests me because I loved Lord Willin and Hell Hath No Fury. That said, I'll try before I buy.

IMO, Public Enemies blows Collateral out of the water. If not for Foxx's performance(the best of his career IMO), it would not have any replay value to me at all. For what it's worth, I'm not much of a tom Cruise fan so take that into consideration too.
Back to top Go down

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 2:11 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
The Homie, Acrid wrote:
Bunny Man wrote:

IMO, Public Enemies blows Collateral out of the water. If not for Foxx's performance(the best of his career IMO), it would not have any replay value to me at all. For what it's worth, I'm not much of a tom Cruise fan so take that into consideration too.

Cosign. PE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Collateral. KJ is just choosing it because it has a black person in it and he is racist.
Back to top Go down

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 2:13 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
The Homie, Acrid wrote:
Bunny Man wrote:

Collateral was Foxx's best movie, but Ray was his best performance IMO.

You disliking Cruise explains it all. I thought he was masterful in that movie. He isn't a fav of mine either, but I have enjoyed a number of his flicks.
Back to top Go down

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 2:16 pm

Bunny Man wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
The Homie, Acrid wrote:
Bunny Man wrote:

Cosign. PE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Collateral. KJ is just choosing it because it has a black person in it and he is racist.

I'm not Steve, you asshole. I just liked the plot of Collateral more.

FYI, Scorsese is my favorite director. Isn't he white??
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 2:19 pm

It's hard to tell Scorsese's race underneath those eyebrows
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 2:23 pm

Oh, and Ray is not his best performance, and i have stated why plenty of times. I'm not gonna get into that again though. It is easily his most prolific performance though.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 2:36 pm

i still gotta see Public Enemies
Back to top Go down
ACRID"
ACRID

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 2:47 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Oh, and Ray is not his best performance, and i have stated why plenty of times. I'm not gonna get into that again though. It is easily his most prolific performance though.

no...that would go to "Booty Call"
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 2:50 pm

The Homie, Acrid wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

iI'd rather watch Booty Call as opposed to Ray.
Back to top Go down

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 2:50 pm

Booty Call was trash. The first half hour of it was funny but after that it sucked.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 5:27 pm

T. Myers wrote:
The Homie, Acrid wrote:
Bunny Man wrote:

Collateral >>>>>>>>> Public Enemies
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 5:48 pm

Collateral was indeed, dope.
Back to top Go down

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 7:23 pm

Kendrick Davis wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
The Homie, Acrid wrote:
Bunny Man wrote:

Collateral >>>>>>>>> Public Enemies

Co-Sign, both movies were dope but Collateral was more suspenseful IMO.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 7:29 pm

T. Myers wrote:
The Homie, Acrid wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

huh, I actually have thought it was his best role on many occasions. It may not be, but it may be my favorite movie he's starred in (Ray).
Back to top Go down

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 8:02 pm

Alan wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
The Homie, Acrid wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

huh, I actually have thought it was his best role on many occasions. It may not be, but it may be my favorite movie he's starred in (Ray).

Terry doesn't like biopics/adaptations that's why he's saying that. But Ray is easily his best performance IMO. I liked the movie also. I can't think of anybody who could have played the part better than Jamie.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 8:50 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
The Homie, Acrid wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Terry doesn't like biopics/adaptations that's why he's saying that. But Ray is easily his best performance IMO. I liked the movie also. I can't think of anybody who could have played the part better than Jamie.

Same here.

But if Terry hates biopics, that explains it. I'm sort of a biopic fiend. I own several.
Back to top Go down

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 9:16 pm

Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
The Homie, Acrid wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Same here.

But if Terry hates biopics, that explains it. I'm sort of a biopic fiend. I own several.

Likewise, and I'm looking forward to the movie with Morgan Freeman playing Nelson Mandela. That should be awesome!
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 9:22 pm

I know it sounds like i hate biopics, but that's not the case at all. I just think actors are often overrated in their roles in Biopics. The acadamy loves those performances for some reason. For instance, Joaquin Phoenix was not a very good Johnny Cash, but somehow that fool was nominated for an Oscar for his role. I just don't get it. I do like biopics, and for what it's worth The Hurricane is probably my favorite biopic.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 9:25 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I know it sounds like i hate biopics, but that's not the case at all. I just think actors are often overrated in their roles in Biopics. The acadamy loves those performances for some reason. For instance, Joaquin Phoenix was not a very good Johnny Cash, but somehow that fool was nominated for an Oscar for his role. I just don't get it. I do like biopics, and for what it's worth The Hurricane is probably my favorite biopic.

Yeah, The Johnny Cash movie wasn't that great. You ever seen The Doors with Val Kilmer? Maybe off topic a bit, but he was a fucking great Jim Morrison IMO.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 9:28 pm

Alan wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Yeah, The Johnny Cash movie wasn't that great. You ever seen The Doors with Val Kilmer? Maybe off topic a bit, but he was a fucking great Jim Morrison IMO.

yeah, it's one of my favorite Val Kilmer perfomances, but that's not saying much though. LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 9:54 pm

T. Myers wrote:

The Hurricane >>>> Walk The Line
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Alan
Alan

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 9:55 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Alan wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

yeah, it's one of my favorite Val Kilmer perfomances, but that's not saying much though. LOL!!!

True. However, I must say I thought he was a good Batman as well. The Iceman ain't all that bad.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 9:58 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Alan wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
The Homie, Acrid wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Same here.

Likewise, and I'm looking forward to the movie with Morgan Freeman playing Nelson Mandela. That should be awesome!

Invictus looks good. I'm a huge fan of Clint Eastwood in any capacity, but he's an especially great director IMO.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 10:17 pm

I dug the first two Clipse joints, bu I'm going to pass this one up. The album just doesn't know what direction to go. It seems like they are struggling to find their place in the mainstream. As for Snoop, big pass on that. Haven't really listened to him since Last Meal and Blue Carpet Treatment. I have to listen to that BG first, if it's anything like Chopper City in the Ghetto, I might attempt a buy.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 10:19 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
im buying Souls of Mischief...Clipse was gonna be a must buy but ive heard mixed things
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 10:49 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

The Hurricane >>>> Walk The Line

What's funny is that The Hurricane has a ton of stuff that never happened or was the reverse of what happened.

Good movie, though, better than Walk The Line for me as well.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 11:09 pm

So what other movies are yall looking forward to?

I liked Collateral & Public Enemies both. Babyface was a trip though.

I like most Jamie's And Tom's movies.

Have yall seen The Soloist? Jamie really got into that one.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeTue 08 Dec 2009, 12:02 am

I wanted to see The Soloist, but the wife thought it would be a waste of money (even at on base prices Shaking My Head)

So it's worth a Netflix que (or download lol)?
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeWed 09 Dec 2009, 12:15 pm

After "Ego Trippin'", I am not fooling with anything by Snoop anymore. I bought the B.G. from Best Buy for 7.99 and grabbed the Clipse from Itunes.
Back to top Go down

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeWed 09 Dec 2009, 12:23 pm

Highsmith wrote:
After "Ego Trippin'", I am not fooling with anything by Snoop anymore. I bought the B.G. from Best Buy for 7.99 and grabbed the Clipse from Itunes.

Hmmmm, I'm beginning to think I'm the only person in the world you likes Ego Trippin'...
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeWed 09 Dec 2009, 5:55 pm

Bunny Man wrote:
Highsmith wrote:

Hmmmm, I'm beginning to think I'm the only person in the world you likes Ego Trippin'...

That lead single was the shit (I'm a sucker for those types of beats, though). But I never heard enough to make me check it out. What would you rate it, Syrup?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeWed 09 Dec 2009, 5:58 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
Bunny Man wrote:
Highsmith wrote:

That lead single was the shit (I'm a sucker for those types of beats, though). But I never heard enough to make me check it out. What would you rate it, Syrup?

Norf, you and I are gonna have to have a long talk about your boy Timbo. Miley Cyrus? Nickelback? Katy Perry?
Back to top Go down

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeWed 09 Dec 2009, 6:30 pm

TheHazardous wrote:
So what other movies are yall looking forward to?

I liked Collateral & Public Enemies both. Babyface was a trip though.

I like most Jamie's And Tom's movies.

Have yall seen The Soloist? Jamie really got into that one.

I haven't seen the Soloist but I plan on it. I like most of both their movies as well.

The last movie I went to see at the theaters was Michael Jackson's "This Is It". It was excellent, and I recommend it for every MJ fan, even casual ones.

I haven't seen The Soloist but I definitely plan on it. There's a bunch of movies I want to see. The one I'm MOST looking forward to is Invictus. The movie that stars Morgan Freeman as Nelson Mandela. It also stars Matt Damon, and is directed by Clint Eastwood. I'm a fan of all three of those guys so this should be a great flick. I just might go see it this weekend.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeWed 09 Dec 2009, 10:24 pm

It's not what I expected.

It's like getting a close up look at dealing with someone in a perpetual state of madness. Jamie really put his foot in his performance. It's worth a rent.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeWed 09 Dec 2009, 10:34 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Norf, you and I are gonna have to have a long talk about your boy Timbo. Miley Cyrus? Nickelback? Katy Perry?

I've always maintained that Timbo can make anyone sound good, but Miley Cyrus might be a bit of a stretch.

Tim leans in the "pop" direction sometimes, so I can see KP on there. Nickelback? Ya go me on that one. I have no clue what he's thinking. lol Maybe he's going for another "Apologize" type of hit. Who knows...

Maybe he thinks he can make anyone sound good too? lol
Back to top Go down

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeWed 09 Dec 2009, 10:35 pm

The Soloist was a great film. Jamie really out did himself with that one. Ray was dope too. I've dled Solosit, but that is one I want to buy. I'm really behind on cds, but I want to check out that Souls of Mischief. I plan on getting some other stuff like Grouch, MF Doom, Fashawn. I'm in the middle of compiling a list of stuff I want to get (depending on price). My main focus is on movies, and books though.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeWed 09 Dec 2009, 10:38 pm

I haven't made it to the store yet, but that Souls of Mischief tops my list.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeWed 09 Dec 2009, 10:43 pm

Timbo leans in the pop direction because he wants to maximize his income...he has stated this before that just producing mainly hip-hop and r&b tracks won't put his bank account in the bright lights, but once he started messing with Nelly Furtado and Katy Perry and Keri Hilson, and those cats who sang Apologize...he saw the HUGE figures that he got into the music industry to see in the first place

But Timbo is still a sick producer IMO...he's made a bunch of beats that are just crazy IMO!
Back to top Go down

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeWed 09 Dec 2009, 11:11 pm

I ain't gonna front, I like that track he had with Timberlake and Nelly Furtado. That was dope as fuck IMO.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitimeWed 09 Dec 2009, 11:22 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Timbo leans in the pop direction because he wants to maximize his income...he has stated this before that just producing mainly hip-hop and r&b tracks won't put his bank account in the bright lights, but once he started messing with Nelly Furtado and Katy Perry and Keri Hilson, and those cats who sang Apologize...he saw the HUGE figures that he got into the music industry to see in the first place

But Timbo is still a sick producer IMO...he's made a bunch of beats that are just crazy IMO!

A lot of those tracks on Shock Value were dope, but now he's got Miley Cyrus, Daughtry, and Nickelback. I mean c'mon. He was doing fine with the pop shit before. He didn't need to go this route.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What u buyin? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What u buyin?   What u buyin? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What u buyin?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: