Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top Hip-Hop Singles #45

Go down 
2 posters

Slow Down
Top 25
Top Hip-Hop Singles #45 Vote_lcap10%Top Hip-Hop Singles #45 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Top 50
Top Hip-Hop Singles #45 Vote_lcap50%Top Hip-Hop Singles #45 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
Top 75
Top Hip-Hop Singles #45 Vote_lcap0%Top Hip-Hop Singles #45 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Top 100
Top Hip-Hop Singles #45 Vote_lcap0%Top Hip-Hop Singles #45 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Neither
Top Hip-Hop Singles #45 Vote_lcap40%Top Hip-Hop Singles #45 Vote_rcap
 40% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage

Top Hip-Hop Singles #45 Empty
PostSubject: Top Hip-Hop Singles #45   Top Hip-Hop Singles #45 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 2:47 pm

Slow Down- Brand Nubian
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #45   Top Hip-Hop Singles #45 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 2:50 pm

neither - the best Brand Nubian single is Don't Let It Get to Your Head...
or whatever that was called.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #45   Top Hip-Hop Singles #45 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 2:53 pm

Don't Let It Go To Your Head isn't even close to their best single.

It's a good song but Slow Down, All For One, Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down, Wake Up, Word Is Bond, and Love Me or Leave Me Alone are ALL better.

Top 50 for Slow Down. Around in the 30's or so.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #45   Top Hip-Hop Singles #45 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 2:59 pm

this is top 50 for me i fuckin love this track
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #45   Top Hip-Hop Singles #45 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 3:04 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

It's a good song but Slow Down, All For One, Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down, Wake Up, Word Is Bond, and Love Me or Leave Me Alone are ALL better.

It's easily their best single and one of the few from them that has some soul.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #45   Top Hip-Hop Singles #45 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 3:07 pm

Bunny Man wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

It's easily their best single and one of the few from them that has some soul.

Most of their songs have soul to them, that's their trademark along with their subject matter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #45   Top Hip-Hop Singles #45 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 3:10 pm

Their trade mark is being played in baby mobiles to put them to sleep. They are on that boring steez with the fake 5% lyrics. Foundation was the first album they really got some nice soul and melodies to their music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #45   Top Hip-Hop Singles #45 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 3:31 pm

Bunny Man wrote:
Their trade mark is being played in baby mobiles to put them to sleep. They are on that boring steez with the fake 5% lyrics. Foundation was the first album they really got some nice soul and melodies to their music.

That's BULLSHIT!!!

I like Foundation but All For One was easily better lyrically and production wise. That album had plenty of soul, as did In God We Trust.

If you don't like them talking about the 5% Nation then it's whatever, but to say that their first two albums had no soul is complete and total bullshit!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #45   Top Hip-Hop Singles #45 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 3:35 pm

I like brand nubian, but they are fake 5%ers

is all.

Foundation is easily their best album because it has their best songs... their early work is cool but maddddd dated son. Shit is old...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #45   Top Hip-Hop Singles #45 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 3:59 pm

I agree with SRP that Foundation is there best sounding album. The beats and hooks actually had some life in them. One For All is their 2nd best to me.

Oh yeah Top 50 for this song, classic in every sense of the word.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #45   Top Hip-Hop Singles #45 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 4:24 pm

What do you know about the 5% Nation anyway SRP?

I don't agree with you or Kevin about Foundation being their best album, but it's whatever. The messages on One For All are still relevant today. Slow Down was about fast women/hookers and they're always relevant.

Foundation is a dope album, but it has a few skip tracks on it. One For All has none. That album is a timeless classic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #45   Top Hip-Hop Singles #45 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 4:28 pm

I skip more songs on One For All than Foundation - but I do agree Brand Nubian don't have a true classic.

fast women and hookers are always relevant?

and I know plenty about the Nation god, arm leg, leg arm, head, voltron, god.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #45   Top Hip-Hop Singles #45 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 8:10 pm

One For All is easily one of the dopest albums of all time IMO. Slam dunk classic.

And yes, fast women and hookers always have been and always will be relevant. Everyone loves pussy, and when a girl gives it up fast she gets targeted. As for hookers, if they weren't relevant they wouldn't make so much money.

Slow Down is telling women to have more respect for themselves, the beat and the rhymes are excellent. If you're not a fan of the song that's fine, but it's easily a Top 50 track IMO.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #45   Top Hip-Hop Singles #45 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Dec 2009, 9:35 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
this is top 50 for me i fuckin love this track
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Hip-Hop Singles #45   Top Hip-Hop Singles #45 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top Hip-Hop Singles #45
Page 1 of 1