Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Schoolly D is dope...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Schoolly D is dope... Empty
PostSubject: Schoolly D is dope...   Schoolly D is dope... Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 12:12 am

You fools never acknowledge or talk about him.. haters
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Schoolly D is dope...   Schoolly D is dope... Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 2:48 am

I second that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Schoolly D is dope...   Schoolly D is dope... Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 7:50 am

I just got an email saying Schoolly D - Saturday Night just became available on amazon for anybody that is interested.

It seems to always go out of print quickly so any old school heads should pick this up while they can
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Schoolly D is dope...   Schoolly D is dope... Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 4:53 pm

it's OOS again ... smh
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Schoolly D is dope...   Schoolly D is dope... Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 8:01 pm

Schoolly D is one of the forefathers of gangsta rap along with Just-Ice

He was outta Philly...he had a simple emceeing style but I think what made him so dope was his beats..most of which he produced himself...dude was dope!

Last edited by D.Powell on Mon 14 Dec 2009, 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Schoolly D is dope...   Schoolly D is dope... Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 8:03 pm

Indeed Powell. He is still dope. He does the theme song to Aqua Teen Hunger Force... number one in the hood g...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Schoolly D is dope...   Schoolly D is dope... Icon_minitimeMon 14 Dec 2009, 9:54 pm

Schoolly was dope, the only problem was that he wasn't able to maintain longevity. But I did like his stuff. Him along with Fresh Prince put Philly hip-hop on the map.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Schoolly D is dope...   Schoolly D is dope... Icon_minitimeSat 02 Jan 2010, 5:54 am

Schoolly D is gay. No, really. If you ever cop the Re-mastered DVD of King of NY there is a Schooly D interview ( Schooly did the lead song of the sound track). Schooly has all types of gay mannerisms and called his former DJ cute. He admits his gangster persona was a front.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Schoolly D is dope...   Schoolly D is dope... Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jan 2010, 1:33 pm

I own 5 Schoolly D albums on tape (scored it off ebay). "Saturday Night! The Album" is my favorite, probably followed by "Smoke Some Kill". But to be honest, I don't listen to the albums much and I never felt he was one of the elite. Much respect though. I like Just-Ice and Ice-T quite a bit more.
Back to top Go down
Z-membu
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Z-membu

PostSubject: Re: Schoolly D is dope...   Schoolly D is dope... Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jan 2010, 12:43 am

Listen to Ice Cubes style on "Dopeman". Cube took that style of gangster rhyme from Schoolly's "P.S.K. 'What Does It Mean'?". Yes, like Just Ice, Steady B, Cool C, and BDP when they were signed to B-Boy Records, forgotten pioneers of Gangster Rap.