Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New MC For Powell and Kool John

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

New MC For Powell and Kool John Empty
PostSubject: New MC For Powell and Kool John   New MC For Powell and Kool John Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 12:26 am

Hey I know you're not huge on my tastes or whatever, but I really dig this canadian cat (yes, he's white) by the name of Rugged Intellect. I think if you actually listen to you'll hear a lot of old school swagger in this dude and enjoy it thoroughly. He's somewhere between Kool G, Kane, and Pun IMO.

Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: New MC For Powell and Kool John   New MC For Powell and Kool John Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 6:43 am

I've heard of this cat. He is pretty dope. That track with Rock (Heltah Skeltah) is pretty dope from his last album. However, I think he sounds way too much like Pun though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New MC For Powell and Kool John   New MC For Powell and Kool John Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 9:37 am

He does flow a LOT like Pun. But at least he acknowledges it. I found this video from youtube where this kid is like "Sean Price disses garbage MC Rugged Intellect, check out the wackness at myspace.com/ruggedintellect" and the video is Sean Price talking shit for like two minutes and then Rugged walks into the room and grabs Seans titty and they talk about the track they just did...fucking internet morons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New MC For Powell and Kool John   New MC For Powell and Kool John Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 3:33 pm

This kid has a nice flow. Lyrically I think he's a mix between Pun and Xzibit. Pun has a tighter flow, but this kid is pretty dope. I loved the disses towards Diddy, Shyne, and E-40. Thanks N3R0, I appreciate the rec.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New MC For Powell and Kool John   New MC For Powell and Kool John Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 3:39 pm

Hey no problem man. His whole album is VERY old school boom bap influenced. Tons of great guests like Ras Kass, Rock, Sean Price, RA The Rugged Man and some other local dudes but they're all dope. Naturally I didn't appreciate the E-40 diss but he does say no disrespect or something along with it. This just shows that you can make a catchy, lyrical, boom bap record without sacrificing any artistic integrity.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: New MC For Powell and Kool John   New MC For Powell and Kool John Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 4:33 pm

not feeling this beat at all, but dude can spit...I'd like to hear more from him but with stronger beats...

he doesn't sound like Pun to me, he has his own style...I like it....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New MC For Powell and Kool John   New MC For Powell and Kool John Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 8:32 pm

Okay, you're trippin about the beat but I'll embed some other stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New MC For Powell and Kool John   New MC For Powell and Kool John Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 8:34 pm

Here's a song with a beat by Domingo:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New MC For Powell and Kool John   New MC For Powell and Kool John Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009, 8:44 pm

This is an actual video, lol Rugged Intellect feat Ras Kass

Rugged Intellect feat Kool G Rap

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New MC For Powell and Kool John   New MC For Powell and Kool John Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New MC For Powell and Kool John
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Old Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: